Awareness of misuse of a burner

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/04/09, 20:34

The legal existence of the all-sea burner .. is in itself a scandal. It seemed to me, however, that the village mechanic had told me that he had removed his burner running on used oil because it had become prohibited, and there are already at least 15 or 20 years!

:D it's still on sale (they just changed the name of the oil)
Won't tell you the brand : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/04/09, 22:10

Ah yes, I did not know that the oil was recycled into oil in such proportions ... when we see the price where it is sold, we think that it comes directly from the distillation tower ... :?

In fact, it is 45% that they are reported. A good filtering step and we stir with a little clean oil ... : Cheesy:
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 17/04/09, 23:10

Hello
I think that we can burn "clean" draining oil (settling + centrifuging) in a ball burner and have less pollution than with a domestic fuel burner.
already the ball burner pollutes less than a fuel with the same fuel
and then we can improve further with the blue flame system,
and also a very interesting track the oil / water emultions
on the babington burner test at 20% d water we pollute much less

babington tests
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... 0hFlAL.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/04/09, 02:31

Interesting this babington! I save and will look later, it should interest Maloche!

Remundo wrote:Ah yes, I did not know that the oil was recycled into oil in such proportions ...

He did not say in oil but in new lubricant ... I don't think that a synthetic oil at 10 € per liter comes from a recycling subsidiary or with a very low% ...

As for specific drain oil burner: I would say pkoi do?

The mechanic only has to throw his coarsely filtered oil into his oil tank ... if it remains "reasonable" let's say 20%, the oil burner will probably not notice anything ...

How many individuals have done it for decades? A bundle in my opinion ... and I think it's less worse than ending up in the creek right?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/04/09, 06:13

Personally, what I notice is that when I put my nose at the outlet of my oil boiler, I have to remove it immediately, it stings in the nose; unlike my vegetable oil burner.
I can stay in the gas for hours and there is nothing disturbing.
We do tests for Co, sulfur nox, on oil-fired boilers, but the other poisons ?? there's no? hummm
I trust my nose, and it quickly makes up its mind :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 18/04/09, 11:20

Hello
when I speak of "clean" used oil I am speaking of clear oil.
for me it is hydaulic oil it is very little pollutant.
It is true that it is necessary to avoid the black oils of crankcase very loaded it by polluting.

I quote the ademe:
* Black oils: these include used motor oils and certain industrial oils used, for example, for hardening metals or as heat transfer fluids. These oils are severely degraded and contaminated.
* The clear oils come from the use of the lubricant categories mentioned in the table above. They are considered to be low in impurities and polluting elements and therefore easy to recover in material form.

The used engine oils analyzed at the outlet of the crankcases contain a certain number of pollutants resulting from the degradation of the original constituents of lubricants but also in contact of the oils with the fuel and the exhaust gases:

* soot, resins,
* heavy metals,
* organic acids resulting from the partial oxidation of the oil,
* chlorine from certain lubricating additives,
* aromatic compounds including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs),
* phenols, phthalates.

Used black industrial oils are also very degraded and their contamination is similar to that of engine oils. Quench oils, for example, become loaded with tars and resins during their use due to the significant oxidation of the lubricant.
Finally, used clear industrial oils are not very contaminated. In fact, water and particles are generally responsible for the wear of the lubricant.

source :
http://www2.ademe.fr/servlet/KBaseShow?catid=14777
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/04/09, 12:52

One of the biggest problems with burning engine oil is that the production of particles is enormous compared to diesel or vegetable oil, grease etc.

I can no longer find the crobar of (ADEME?) Put in another post, but which showed that about a third of an engine's particle production came from lubricating oil. However, the oil consumption of an engine is anecdotal compared to its diesel consumption! All because of all the additives that the oil contains (nothing to do with whether the oil is clear or black or filtered). These additives are real factories to make particles with an enormous multiplying factor. : Evil:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 18/04/09, 13:23

not sure that we are on the same wavelength
nothing to do with whether the oil is clear or black or filtered

when you talk about used motor oil then you are in the black oil category
hydraulic oil is in the clear oil category.
Engine oil, even if it is new and clear or used and clear (LPG engine), is still in the black oil category.
moreover, the hydraulic oil has practically no additives.
for the supply, an emptying of the hydraulic unit at work and it is 1000 liters ... : Lol:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/04/09, 20:09

The problem is that an individual does not have the means to measure the combustion products, particles and whatnot that come out of their burner. Do not wait for oil manufacturers to indicate the chemical composition, the percentages of the different components and the additives of their ugly beverage.

So we do not know what we are burning, or if we are doing a monumental stupidity question pollution. For the benefit of the doubt, I think it's still better and more responsible to abstain ....:frown:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 20/04/09, 10:53

For my part in any case I will totally take care of it, otherwise what use will it be to make an eco-friendly burner !!!
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"