Wind turbine with Charles Sarazin. Let's go !

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/12/08, 18:53

Hi Cuicui,

I think the best is that Mr Sarazin brings his explanations that will surely be worth mine :D

Nice achievement, indeed, who works a lot on the couple. To optimize the efficiency, it is nevertheless necessary to leave the machine at a specific speed.

For a "board" (which works by deviating the flow), the optimum speed is half that of the wind. : Idea:
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 25/12/08, 23:25

camel1 wrote:that I find particularly attractive in your concept, it is the low speed of rotation, associated with a rather rich couple!
Hello, without wanting to look pampered, for a vertical wind turbine with high torque and low speed, Savonius type is much simpler ...

The wind turbine with sails can be used a bit like a Savonius (low speed of rotation compared to the speed of the wind, inflated sails, operation in torque and not in speed) but it is then more complicated and certainly less efficient, since the sails are less good "buckets" than the lobes of the Savonius;

Or used as a Darrieus (sails stretched, high speed of rotation: use in speed) with in this case a yield certainly less good than a real Darrieus, since the sails are of less good wings than the rigid blades (it is not necessary not fooling yourself, if a sail was finer than a profile the gliders of comet would have wings in canvas)

But let's wait for Mr Sarrazin's measures to draw conclusions!
I think that a comparison with other types of wind turbines, taking into account the cost of installation and the efficiency at equal footprint, would be interesting.

Personally, for the low-cost roof wind turbine, I am at 100% for the Savonius type, very simple to build and start alone. By the way I intend to make a little one of these days
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 26/12/08, 10:31

Olivier22 wrote:Personally, for the low-cost roof wind turbine, I am at 100% for the Savonius type, very simple to build and start on my own

Certainly, but the interest of the wind turbine of Charles Sarazin is to propose a surface of wing (and thus a power) very important. Imagine the size of a Savonius of equivalent surface!
On the other hand, the electric adjustment of the sail surface offers great flexibility of use. In case of emergency, we can lower the sails.
Last edited by Cuicui the 26 / 12 / 08, 16: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 26/12/08, 16:12

Ah ... It is always difficult to evaluate the wing of a vertical wind turbine as the blades are disturbing each other ...
But by the nose I think that the Savonius is not too bad level surface (the air circulation between the buckets complicates the appreciation of the effective surface but we can have a rude overview):

And regarding the setting, a Savonius can also be adjustable or neutralizable in high winds.
For example, centrifugal sliding lobes can be mounted (see the side weights):
Or, ask curtains masking buckets, or shutters type Venetian blinds etc. etc. Simple solutions are not lacking

In the absence of evidence of any other positive phenomenon specific to the sails, I remain convinced that a Savonius, of the same diameter and height as the wind turbine, must generate much more power. :?
0 x
Sailing and water
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Sailing and water » 26/12/08, 16:13

All known means are good for recovering a quantity X of energy contained in the wind.
As far as I'm concerned, I've been thinking about how to get the most out of the wind energy at a lower cost by using consumer materials and equipment and simple manufacturing technology available to all small businesses in the industry. metalwork all possible without visual pollution and the easiest to install at sea.and get rid of ridiculous 2000H average operating per year (8760H) to achieve double.
The system that I defend allows to begin to produce a small amount of energy with 2, 3 m / S and until the hurricane without having to stop the production, in fact the power curve starts closer to zero v and climbs to the maximum power of the generator without dropping to the fateful 80 km / h.
and this thanks to the possibility of reducing the lift offered by the sails that exist today in textiles stronger than aluminum.
It is this deformability that gives the system the maximum lift, which can be adjusted to the limit, allowing the use of simple electronic low cost control systems.

I am not aiming for the moment the domestic market which offers little return for a € invested. I am working on a 80 KW project targeting 5000 hours of operation with an average winds of 5 m / s
The lobes of the Savonius are good sensors but we can not dispose much around an axis, and are propulsive only on max 180 ° and how to achieve industrial power? A bad sail pushes on 340 °.
The frames of German troop gliders that attacked the resistants on the Vercors massif in 44 were interlaced. !!!!
Thank you for your interest.
Charles.
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 26/12/08, 16:21

Sailing and water wrote:The frames of German troop gliders that attacked the resistants on the Vercors massif in 44 were interlaced. !!!!
Certainly but in profile. Like the DR400 and others. It's not a simple veil like hang gliders

As for the lift during a cycle, it depends, I did not understand, the curling of the sail varies during the cycle? Because if not, the sail is not exploited on much more than 180 ° :?

cheaply by using consumer materials and equipment and simple manufacturing technology within the reach of all small metalworking companies, all without visual pollution
Well, visual pollution is only subjective! (See Asterix getting angry at these filthy Roman viaducts that ruin the landscape! : Mrgreen: )
If you use Kevlar sails, the price will not necessarily be lower than a soapius in welded aluminum sheet (or even in ... canvas on frame !!!)
When we see the price of a rigging small dinghy style Laser .... !!
Finally the ideal would be to compare ... But it is true that a new type of wind turbine is necessarily a good thing, the proof, the existing types, very numerous, are almost all used although having unequal performances .
Last edited by Olivier22 the 26 / 12 / 08, 16: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
Sailing and water
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

As for the lift during a cycle, it depends, I did not

by Sailing and water » 26/12/08, 16:26

On the proto of the video, No, but since then I have established a simple system which borders the sail in the near and fixes the sail according to the speed of the wind.
0 x
chrisleblay
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chrisleblay » 27/12/08, 01:56

Hi Charles,

On the contrary, I think that we have to target the domestic market.
The big companies must have thought about your idea but it is obviously of no economic interest compared to wind turbines. Your system is excellent because it seems easy to do, easy to maintain, easy anyway.
The big companies want maintenance that it breaks that it is big and difficult to maintain (like offshore wind turbines) etc ... so I think the small domestic market (flat roof as I said above) would be much more encouraging.

Chris
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/12/08, 05:44

chrisleblay wrote:Hi Charles,

On the contrary, I think that we have to target the domestic market.
The big companies must have thought about your idea but it is obviously of no economic interest compared to wind turbines. Your system is excellent because it seems easy to do, easy to maintain, easy anyway.
The big companies want maintenance that it breaks that it is big and difficult to maintain (like offshore wind turbines) etc ... so I think the small domestic market (flat roof as I said above) would be much more encouraging.

Chris

It's also my opinion, plus it would allow more people to have a wind turbine at home, because of the problem of height.
Namely, a wind turbine can not fall to the neighbor. :?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/12/08, 09:05

I agree with Chris and Lejute, I really believe in the system, but the target market is the retail market.
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"