Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips2019 resolution: (try to) do not buy anything new! Boycott of the new?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 2019 Resolution: (try to) do not buy anything new! Boycott of the new?

Unread Messageby nico239 » 08/01/19, 00:26

Christophe wrote:Yes, but as I was talking about second hand sites too ...

By the way, before you arrive on this forum, there was a section free classified ads on the site with a section "I give" .... I think stopped having stopped in 2016 (too much attempt at scams, too much time to validate the ads ... )

Ah GPs general is work ...
0 x

Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Grelinette » 08/01/19, 10:20

There is a lot of work to be done on recycling, and so far very little is being done.

I often go to the dump of my town and when I see what is thrown, I am horrified! : Shock: : Evil:

For example, it was recently installed a new large container to throw the furniture and regularly I cry :( (with others) when we see the quality and good condition of what is thrown: much better and in better condition than most of the furniture I have at home. :( :( :(

Regularly it is large stocks of NEW and still packaged products that arrive at the dump, probably companies that go bankrupt and must empty a shed or premises in a hurry: everything is loaded into a dump truck that just dump the dump. It's a sad reality!

Another example, I am a member of a association that promotes cycling in the city and who opened a participatory bike workshop in a poor neighborhood of a large town: to repair the bikes we get all the bike equipment and old bikes. For years we have been trying to convince the elected officials to recover the many bicycles that go into the dumpsters dumps to restore them, resell them at a symbolic price or lend them: for now no positive return of elected officials. (We just manage to get some bikes in the dumpsters by negotiating with the complacent staff of the dump).

Similarly, we have noticed that regularly a huge stock of bicycles still in state, which have been stolen and recovered by the police in cellars, concealment facilities, or abandoned in the street, are resold. by weight for a symbolic price to a ... scrap dealer!

Last topic that ruffles the hair: food waste.

The one we regularly talk about raising our arms to heaven wondering how it is still possible in our time when so many people lack food. Regularly I go around bakeries and fruit and vegetable shops to know if I can recover the unsold products that go to the bucket every day to give them to my animals (horses, ponies, rabbits, ...).

Some businesses refuse to give ("that's bad kind ..." say some, and others, "it's forbidden to give for reasons of responsibility ..."), but nothing with other businesses this are hundreds of kg of just a little withered or unsold food the day before that could should be recovered instead of thrown away: sometimes there are too many so I can recover everything!

And at the same time, there are many charitable organizations that make desperate calls for donations of food and who organize occasional donations of food on the car parks of supermarkets ... : roll:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The pursuit of progress does not exclude love of tradition"
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby perplex » 08/01/19, 11:41

you spoke "bicycles"
The Chinese impress me more and more >> https://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/diaporam ... ml#photo-1 : Mrgreen:
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 08/01/19, 12:10

Grelinette wrote:There is a lot of work to be done on recycling, and so far very little is being done.

I often go to the dump of my town and when I see what is thrown, I am horrified! : Shock: : Evil:

For example, it was recently installed a new large container to throw the furniture and regularly I cry :( (with others) when we see the quality and good condition of what is thrown: much better and in better condition than most of the furniture I have at home. :( :( :(

Regularly these are large stocks of NEW and still packed products that arrive at the dump,

Even felt ... Luxembourg has been known for years!

The bulky is that every X weeks ... things not unpacked on the sidewalk

There are indeed several planets on Earth! : Cheesy:

Grelinette wrote: probably companies that go bankrupt and have to empty a warehouse or premises in a hurry: everything is loaded into a dump truck that just dump to the dump. It's a sad reality!

No bankruptcies (because it is auctioned) but can be tax adjustments (the destruction of a stock is tax-free! The gift is not!) ... or quality problems?

Yes distressing in any case!

ps: for bikes, have you been to see at the local Emmaus? They also have "heaps" of bike (in the 2 sense of the word!)
0 x
Ce forum helped you? Support the site by making a small donation or share your best pages on your social networks. - Articles, analysis and downloads - Post an article on Google News
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 08/01/19, 12:15

perplex wrote:you spoke "bicycles"
The Chinese impress me more and more >> https://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/diaporam ... ml#photo-1 : Mrgreen:

Uh your remark lets me Perplex ... it's humor?

It is less worse, by far and at all levels (ecological, economic, social ...), than the thousands of cars abandoned following the Volkswagate!

But this image is impressive anyway:

Numerous-shared-bikes-piled-up-in-xiamen_5983514.jpg

Fortunately we are told: capitalism is the best of systems !!

: Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x
Ce forum helped you? Support the site by making a small donation or share your best pages on your social networks. - Articles, analysis and downloads - Post an article on Google News

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 08/01/19, 12:50

Christophe, you write:
the destruction of a stock is tax free! The gift is not!

The gift satisfies a need, the destruction "sanitizes" the market whose role is only the creation of abstract value: here is an additional illustration.
Legally, the donation is prohibited (in fact, it is very restricted and framed), as well as the mutual help between neighbors or friends, because it escapes the commodification and therefore the taxation.
On the Bon Coin website, when I want to give something, I have to mention 0 € on my ad ...
Last edited by Ahmed the 08 / 01 / 19, 12: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 08/01/19, 12:53

That's right ... you have to legally cash in!

And instead of giving the expired unsold, the system imposes their destruction !! Bin yes, should not penalize the GDP ... Meanwhile the poorest people die on the street!

Yellow jackets burn this inhuman system and the sooner the better!
0 x
Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 08/01/19, 13:04

A little too simplified your case there.

Yes, donations are tax-boxed - it's a resource for the third party. As are full of social assistance (often - not all - taxed).

I do not see where are the bans ???? On the contrary, donations are explicitly planned ...

https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... oits/F1404

"Taxation" is another story and depending on whether it is considered normal or not that a state takes resources to act, the point of view will be different. After all, why would a salary-type income be taxed and not the gift of an American uncle ???

As mutual help is debatable when it becomes "moonlighting" (which is, in fact, framed - finally fought!). Apart from that, what limit do you know about real self help? There are some SELs, which are, when they grow, the exact limit of "moonlighting". The majority are, to my knowledge, tolerated.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 08/01/19, 14:06

Do you want nuances? 8)
I agree that donations of any importance must be declared with what that implies, but that is not what I wanted to emphasize.
It is enough for you to consult the legal texts to see you that in theory the mutual aid or the minor gifts are conceived only within the family circle, all the rest is prohibited, but in fact tolerated, since hardly avoidable ... The market form is the rule.
Sometimes, it is for a laudable purpose that the legislator acts in this way: for example, it is impossible to give something that supposes work on the part of the donee to recover the property *. This avoids hidden work and a form of exploitation.

* Typical case of donated timber to be taken from a plot: this is equated (not without reason) with unpaid service provision, because if one gives against work, it is considered that the exploitation that the owner could have practiced himself has no intrinsic value.
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
nico239
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby nico239 » 08/01/19, 15:37

Well, then, say the "gift" made "little ones" ... Image since yesterday.

In any case it is, in my opinion, very EMPLOYEE.

We find that minds are very well FORMATTED by the consumer society.

Mistrust of the gift is very curious to note: mistrust, suspicion, distrust, pride, pride and so on ...

Just like collecting in so-called "garbage" ...

I went down in one of the dumpsters of our dump a few months ago to recover a stock of stainless steel catering dishes of all sizes including very large (when we know what it costs), Ms. was delighted.

And that's nothing.

One of Ms.'s sons works for a salesroom provider whose activities include ridding homes.
I do not tell you what goes to the dump.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to enjoy because you have to be there at the moment T or at least in the half-day to save the dump what you want: and that can be made of brand clothes, see very very big brands, new furniture or there too big brands ... etc
Death does strike unexpectedly and all life is interrupted by a single stroke of a single, sometimes bursting into a life full of projects.

All this to say that all the waste is not necessarily known or visible
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"