Warming up: Permafrost Disease is coming ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Warming up: Permafrost Disease is coming ...

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 21:30

Janic wrote:
You and izentrop are two sides of the same coin and are equally fundamentalists on certain subjects. I will refrain "henceforth" (neologism) from intervening. If I can moderate my ardor.
you prefer to hide behind a scarf of modesty, rather than check, on your own, if what is said on one side as on the other is credible

You're an integrist, just read your raves about alcohol as well. In addition you dare to say that you do not judge anyone while you are doing it in a roundabout way.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/07/19, 08:24

You're an integrist, just read your raves about alcohol as well.
Ah, I touched the sore spot! these deblatrations are those of scientists and doctors specialized in this field, not those of the merchants of picrate or merchants of chemical poisons, obviously!
In addition you dare to say that you do not judge anyone while you are doing it in a roundabout way.
what I dare to say is that, rather than repeating the envy mantras advertising marketing industrialists relayed by rulers influenced by lobbies: Why refuse to check, on your own, all this marketing, by consulting the documents the most official ones, not the blah of one or the other. It's not that difficult and so should be within your reach as anyone else who wants to do it.
After and after only you can not be taxed as a fundamentalist yourself. : Evil:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/07/19, 12:37

Janic wrote:
Ah, I touched the sore spot!<<< Ridiculous, it is your reasoning that I attack these deblatrations are those of scientists and doctors specialized in this field, not those of the merchants of picrate or merchants of chemical poisons, obviously!

No, you only repeat to the trance that alcohol is a poison, without going further.
Take the stress that is devastating for physical and mental health (it can kill). What is better to de-stress if and when you are not a fan of relaxation, yoga or meditation? Take a chemical allopathic remedy or drink a glass of wine? For me, it would be a glass of wine. Therefore, the benefit (in the event that it works on the subject, of course) could not be greater than the damage? Would the benefits of stress reduction not be greater than the harms of the alcohol intake?
To repeat over and over that alcohol is a poison (which is true) is "a little" reducing.
When you talk about delirium, you talk about the last stage of alcoholism, when you talk about violence, you talk about human bullshit, ditto for accidentology due to the irresponsibility of the drinker and not to alcohol (a gun does not fire not alone). When I talk to you about consuming beer or alcohol in a reasoned / reasonable way, I am talking about PLEASURE, not ADDICTION. If the addiction happens it is because the consumption is unreasonable / unreasonable and the notion of pleasure no longer exists, only the effects of the "alcohol drug" relieve the person. The same goes for all drugs, all poisons.
In our western societies governed by this official drug since the dawn of time, do not you think that after generations the body is not a suitable minimum? Your personal story has made you despicable, totalitarian and psycho-rational. In short, you are on a crusade like at a time when the leagues of virtue existed!
To consider alcohol only from a toxicological point of view is intellectual dishonesty. But I feel like it does not really bother you.
Ps: as regards "picrate" and "chemical poisons", since I drink only organic ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/07/19, 12:45

It's now two topic that turn off the subject, thank you to respect the main topic under penalty of fleeing other stakeholders.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/07/19, 12:59

sen-no-sen wrote:It's now two topic that turn off the subject, thank you to respect the main topic under penalty of fleeing other stakeholders.

I nod.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/07/19, 13:52

Janic wrote:
Ah, I hit the sore spot! <<
Ridiculous, it's your reasoning that I attack
these deblatrations are those of scientists and doctors specialized in this field, not those of the merchants of picrate or merchants of chemical poisons, obviously!
No, you only repeat to the trance that alcohol is a poison, without going further.
The best way to find out, regardless of my wordsis to inform you directly to the source of the scientists who are specialized, I will not have to hold you by the hand to do it.
Take the stress that is devastating for physical and mental health (it can kill).
Obviously, he can kill also !
What is better to de-stress if and when you are not a fan of relaxation, yoga or meditation? Take a chemical allopathic remedy or drink a glass of wine?
Neither ! If I'm stressed, like those who do not drink alcohol, I do not use either yoga and the like, let alone a chemical medicine (already I should have what is excluded by no need.)
but your question is like asking if it is better to have your right hand cut off rather than the left when you have a little bobo on each one.
For me, it would be a glass of wine. Therefore, the benefit (in the event that it works on the subject, of course) could not be greater than the damage? Would the benefits of stress reduction not be greater than the harms of the alcohol intake?
for you, obviously concerns you, that does not make it a universal rule!
Now it is not a glass of wine, nor a transient annoyance, but a regular state.
To repeat over and over that alcohol is a poison (which is true) is "a little" reducing.
No more reductive than repeating that some mushrooms, and other plants for that matter, are toxic and therefore dangerous and, even without dying instantly, they are not products to be consumed, nor occasionally, nor our role, as a parent and educator, is precisely to repeat, to repeat again, what will be favorable to his health and therefore his life (after what he will do it will be under his responsibility in as an adult
When you mention delirium, you talk about the last stage of alcoholism, when you speak violence, you talk about human stupidity, ditto for the accidentology due to the irresponsibility of the drinker and not alcohol (a gun does not shoot alone).
There is truth, but when no one has a gunthere can be no accident related to its use.
When I talk to you drinking beer or alcohol in a reasoned / reasonable way, I'm talking about pleasure, not addiction.
So, do what I suggested! Go to AA meetings (or even a doctor addictologist) and you will hear the most diverse cases that have ALL started with reasonable consumption.
If the addiction happens is that the consumption is unreasonable / unreasonable and the notion of pleasure no longer exists,
Completely wrong! (See the story below) [*]
only the effects of the "alcohol drug" relieve the person. The same goes for all drugs, all poisons. *
indeed, but we must not confuse the initial consumption by which all begin, with what happens next according to the individuals.
In our western societies governed by this official drug since the dawn of time, do not you think that after generations the body is not a suitable minimum?
Scientifically? Never !
Your personal story has made you despicable, totalitarian and psycho-rational. In short, you are on a crusade like at a time when the leagues of virtue existed!
My personal story that you do not know, so can not judge. What makes you contemptuous, totalitarian, and psychologically.
To consider alcohol only from a toxicological point of view is intellectual dishonesty. But I feel like it does not really bother you.
Unless the intellectual dishonesty comes from its non recognition and at the same time is suspecting addictologists who are not leagues of virtue, intellectual dishonesty, it should not please them! : Cry:
Ps: as regards "picrate" and "chemical poisons", since I drink only organic ...
In biochemistry, what is called poison is only what has a destructive action on living matternot just its size, whether it comes from a "natural" organic product or not, a pesticide or preservative.

Poison - Definition
Poison contains substances that can alter the vital functions of an individual ingesting themor even his death. Its toxicity depends on the dose that has been absorbed, its mode of administration and the physical condition of the subject. When we talk about poison, we often think of opium or arsenic. In general, the poison concerns all drugs, beverages and even foodswhich, when ingested in large quantities or frequently, cause irreversible damage and are likely to cause death.

[*] So for the anecdote: one of my friends lived the hard time of the war and had to go to one of these work camps (barely disguised slavery) Germans and he told us the contempt that he had for the "boches" and out of pride of youth, he braved this authority refusing to bend his spine.
But he was a smoker and this product was not given to them by their torturers, of course. Yet, he told us, when the "boches" had their backs turned, he rushed to pick up the butts that these Germans had thrown to the ground. It was only years later, no longer smoking, that he realized the distortion of the spirit between saying it and doing it.

NB: A drug is a drug, not to be confused with the addict who is only a victim of it.
Still on tobacco (I have never participated in the alcohol cessation) it is remarkable to hear the views before and after giving up the drug, which shows that this pleasure He was not one of them, but refused to recognize him under the influence of this drug, which distorted their judgment. Do not we say a good cigarette, a good cigar, a good wine, a good sniff, a good piquouse, a good food and even a good meal? before paying the price!
Sorry to be out of the topic on permafrost. the subject can be continued on other topic!
In the news, humanity once again exceeded its annual consumption potential in July.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/07/19, 14:13

Hello everybody
here I have a LIEBHEER freezer from a good XNUMX years old whose "Superfrost" function no longer works. Can someone help me?

PS: I put this question here given the title of the topic, which seemed to be closer ... If it's really off topic, thank you for telling me, I will create a dedicated topic.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/07/19, 14:22

Those no one was waiting for

Asleep in Siberian permafrost for over thirty thousand years, Pithovirus (photo) and his cousin Mollivirus belong to the category of giant viruses. The true nature of these amoeba parasites, long considered by biologists as bacteria with strange characteristics, has only been revealed in 2003 by French virologists. Since then, many other giant viruses have been discovered. While all infect amoebae, members of at least two families have been found in humans, especially in patients with pneumonia.

Which makes some scientists say that giant viruses could be less harmless than it seems.
(Science and Life)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/07/19, 20:36

In the Arctic, permafrost melts 70 years earlier than expected

What researchers call permafrost - or permafrost - is a layer of soil, rock or sediment that has the distinction of staying frozen for more than two consecutive years. It covers about a quarter of our northern hemisphere today. And researchers at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (USA) have just discovered that permafrost in the Arctic Islands of Canada has begun to melt.

This news is worrying for two reasons. First, because the climate models developed by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) did not predict such a thaw before ... 2090! Secondly, this melting of permafrost could further accelerate global warming by releasing a large amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

Between 2003 and 2016, the Arctic Islands of Canada have had a succession of unusually hot summers. Result, average thaw indices from 150 to 240% above normal 1979-2000. "We were stunned to discover that permafrost reacted so quickly to high air temperatures," says Louise Farquharson, a researcher at the University of Alaska. This also seems to be a consequence of the low thermal damping of organic layers and vegetation on the ground in the region and the presence of ground ice near the surface.

The threat of greenhouse gases

It is thanks to a modified propeller plane that researchers have been able to explore sites sometimes several hundred kilometers from the sites usually explored. "The landscape we discovered in 2016 was unrecognizable," reports Vladimir Romanovsky, professor of geophysics. Unrelated to the one that prevailed only ten years ago, during their last visit. Because when the upper layers of permafrost disappear, the soil sinks. In some places of some 90 centimeters, present the researchers. And the vegetation starts to grow.

"Nothing says that the phenomenon does not affect a region much larger than the one we studied," continues Louise Farquharson. A worrying situation, as a rapid thaw of permafrost could release a significant amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, creating a feedback loop that would fuel an even faster rise in temperature.

"Permafrost is filled with organic and vegetable matter. If it starts to melt, it's like opening the door of a giant freezer. The microbes will degrade these materials and turn them into CO2. A major problem when we know that the amount of CO2 trapped in permafrost is four times that of human activities since the mid-nineteenth century.

https://www.futura-sciences.com/planete/actualites/rechauffement-climatique-arctique-permafrost-fond-70-ans-plus-tot-prevu-43336/
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/07/19, 08:03

In the Arctic, permafrost melts 70 years earlier than expected
only?
0 x