Warming up: Permafrost Disease is coming ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Warming up: Permafrost Disease is coming ...

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 18:05

izentrop wrote:Not necessarily bad:
Florent Dominé: "The range would be between 50 and 250 billion tonnes of CO2. But there are so many feedbacks that have not yet been discovered and that have not been included in the models, that all these projections are subject to enormous uncertainties. And then there are uncertainties about the reverse process which is that of the fixation of organic matter, of carbon, by vegetation. if it's warmer, vegetation grows. The herbaceous tundra is replaced by shrub tundra. There is more biomass in shrubs than in grasses. So Arctic soils will serve as carbon sinks when permafrost will serve as a source of carbon. In short, there are still too many uncertainties.

Forcely bad, also because of the methane that is 25 times (some sources say 30 times) more greenhouse gas generator than the Co2.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 18:07

Exnihiloest wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:...
There is a high probability that a global pandemic will hit humanity in the coming decades, mainly because of the release of sectorized viruses in tropical forest areas suffering from deforestation or permafrost thaw.

In 2016, a child was killed by anthrax. The anthrax virus had been released following the thaw of an old 70 reindeer corpse!
https://www.franceculture.fr/ecologie-e ... de-pandore
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 18:37

izentrop wrote:Fortunately a vaccine was quickly developed against Ebola. https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/cette-y ... irus-ebola and helped to stem the epidemicno offense to Janic. : Mrgreen:

Not really:
Ebola is still raging in the DRC, one year after the outbreak began.
Despite coordinated efforts and an effective vaccine, the fight against the deadly virus in the Democratic Republic of Congo is still not enough to stop the epidemic.
https://www.nationalgeographic.fr/scien ... -lepidemie
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/07/19, 20:01

izentrop wrote: Fortunately a vaccine was quickly developed against Ebola. https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/cette-y ... irus-ebola and helped to stem the epidemic, no offense to Janic.

We believed also that the smallpox vaccine could stop the global epidemic and history, over decades, showed inefficiency on the whole earth. But as the saying goes, " do not sell the bear's skin until you kill it"

The rVSV-ZEBOV vaccine should debut in the Ebola epidemic in the DRC. Provided, however, to overcome the challenges related to its transport and conservation in inaccessible regions by plane or car, often without electricity in the middle of the jungle

in short, you have to wait for the results before you claim victory.
Not really:
Ebola is still raging in the DRC, one year after the outbreak began.
Despite coordinated efforts and an effective vaccine, the fight against the deadly virus in the Democratic Republic of Congo is still not enough to stop the epidemic.
https://www.nationalgeographic.fr/scien ... -lepidemia
Here, as for smallpox, the solution, which has millennia of existence, consists in the isolation of patients and immediate contacts as was the case before the vaccine myth.
So except to vaccinate the whole population without exception(Because the main vector of the disease comes from bats, healthy carriers that contaminate the monkeys whose population consumes the meat as well as that of bats) it will produce the same result as for smallpox.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 20:26

Janic wrote:Here, as for smallpox, the solution, which has millennia of existence, consists in the isolation of patients and immediate contacts as was the case before the vaccine myth.

Vaccination is not a myth, it works very well and has saved millions of lives. I am not anti vaccine, I am against adjuvants and multiple vaccinations (11 for infants, really!) Mass.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/07/19, 20:30

Vaccination is not a myth, it works very well and has saved millions of lives. I am not anti vaccine, I am against adjuvants and multiple vaccinations (11 for infants, really!) Mass.
this is once again a widespread speech but never verified statistics real in hand. It is not enough to claim that, it must be proved, which statistically according to official figures, demonstrates the opposite.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 20:44

Janic wrote:
this is once again a widespread speech but never verified statistics real in hand. It is not enough to claim that, it must be proved, which statistically according to official figures, demonstrates the opposite.

Stop being stupid, tuberculosis has been virtually eradicated, as well as polio. Unfortunately, because of tourism and the misuse of antibiotics, new strains have appeared (tuberculosis) and this disease has reappeared. One moment must stop the imbecile fundamentalism.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/07/19, 20:57

Stop being stupid, tuberculosis has been virtually eradicated, as well as polio. Unfortunately, because of tourism and the misuse of antibiotics, new strains have appeared (tuberculosis) and this disease has reappeared. A moment must stop the foolish fundamentalism
. rather than telling the ... how do you say? Oh yes, ultra-conformist stupidities.
Take the trouble, (unless you refuse to know then that you dare to do it) to consult the statistics OFFICIAL, not what I say, and we'll talk about it again! If you dare of course! 8)

I am not anti vaccine
same thing! this anti formula was invented by the provaxx as there are anti-homeopathy (and many others of the same kind) by those who know nothing about it and see their monopoly threatened. While these "anti-vaccines" are only the relatives of the victims who demand that the responsibility of industrialists and the State be recognized.
Last edited by Janic the 28 / 07 / 19, 21: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/07/19, 21:06

Janic wrote:
Stop being stupid, tuberculosis has been virtually eradicated, as well as polio. Unfortunately, because of tourism and the misuse of antibiotics, new strains have appeared (tuberculosis) and this disease has reappeared. A moment must stop the foolish fundamentalism
. rather than telling the ... how do you say? Oh yes, your ultra-conformist stupidities.
Take the trouble, (unless you refuse to know then that you dare to do it) to consult the statistics OFFICIAL, not what I say, and we'll talk about it again! If you dare of course! 8)

You and izentrop are two sides of the same coin and are equally fundamentalists on certain subjects. I will refrain "henceforth" (neologism) from intervening. If I can moderate my ardor.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/07/19, 21:22

You and izentrop are two sides of the same coin and are equally fundamentalists on certain subjects. I will refrain "henceforth" (neologism) from intervening. If I can moderate my ardor.
you prefer to hide behind a scarf of modesty, rather than check, on your own, if what is said on one side as on the other is credible
0 x