Wake up, revolt! The runaway of warming!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

very good video

by futuranat » 04/06/09, 14:11

thank you for this link ... very good explanation that I will also pass to all my contacts!
because this is for everyone!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/09, 14:15

I'd like to know if Yann is talking about the runaway in Home, we'll see you tomorrow night! https://www.econologie.com/forums/home-par-y ... t7714.html
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/06/09, 15:45

Ayé, passed on to many people!

Nice Louphil zic, there are some old hints of AC / DC in your Election Time that I just loaded ... 8)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/04/12, 02:38

highflyaddict wrote:Hold ! http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/news/t/climatologie-1/d/le-co2-aurait-bien-mis-fin-au-dernier-acentge-de-glace_37995/.

A big stick in the wheels of the deniers of global warming of anthropic origin!

The Nature article is very important because huge US, Chinese and French work, all over the globe in 80 locations, measurements in ice and sediment on past 22000 temperatures and past CO2 values, which does not is not a simulation, but shows the past reality, that the average temperature of the globe followed the CO2 and especially that the T of the northern hemisphere was very late on the CO2 and the global T, warmed well before melt the ice cap north.
So it is proved by this past experience that the CO2 released by a first local warming, triggered a global warming of the whole earth, which released even more CO2, which then melted with thousands of years of delay, the ice cap in the north. With these ice caps, the climate of the earth is very unstable.

This scientific article is so important that I put on econology with figures.
It is to read with great care, because he has measured the climatic reality of the deglaciation on the 22000 years spent on all the earth, and conditions all our future, with the current CO2 that will melt still a lot of ice caps, about 20 m of rising sea, with the current CO2 and much more if we continue to make it mount this CO2 !!

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... XYam3n.pdf

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/15, 11:27

0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: very good video

by moinsdewatt » 24/06/18, 13:24

10 reasons why climate change passes us over the head

Xavier Landes - 22 June 2018 at 17h00 - updated on June 22 2018

[TRIBUNE] We have time, we have other priorities, we'll get away with it as usual, and why refuse a few more degrees?

Although climate change may be more prevalent in the media than it was a few years ago, it continues to suffer from a lack of visibility accompanied by a lack of political will. The attention of the public is captured only marginally over a short period: we hear, we deplore and we move on. The subject seems less urgent than others: the rise of populism, Russia, Trump, etc.

How to explain such a deficit? Tackling the issue is vital if one hopes to be able to adapt to the world that is coming. The task is all the more imperative as the shock wave that accompanies climate change will put enormous pressure on our societies, institutions and, more generally, our ability to cooperate with each other. From this point of view, the future of Europe, bogged down in its populisms and selfishness, appears most gloomy.

Why do not we take climate change enough seriously?

1. Not the most important or urgent problem

Lire: http://www.slate.fr/story/163532/10-rai ... is-serieux
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Awake, revolt! The runaway of warming!

by sen-no-sen » 24/06/18, 13:47

If global warming passes us over the head it is simply because of the ambient paradigm based on the exponential production of abstract value.
The problem of the media lies in the fact that the last ones express the question of the warming in technical terms when it is necessary to speak simple, and approach the question simply when it is necessary to speak technique ...
The average French has a lot of trouble with the notions of gigatonnes of Co2, emission of CH4 and models + 2 / + 6C °.

We must talk about global warming in economic and sociological terms.
What is the RCA? We are told that these are GHG emissions that have been accumulating in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution, sorry, but that does not speak to the people.
No the RCA is the consequence of the increase in purchasing power.
The RCA is points of GDP that allow the middle classes to ride in a car, to have a fridge topping and buy shit on the internet, this is the global warming, the consequence of the transformation of the world by technologism.

How to fight against the RCA? Well it's very simple:tell us what you need, we will teach you to do without.
It is not a question of replacing heat engines with hybrid engines or of doing "green" tourism, no we have to embark on resilience. And that is totally inaudible politically!
Most of the current social struggles are related to maintaining and / or increasing purchasing power, not to a paradigm shift, that's why everyone fights ... : Wink:
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/18, 23:06

sen-no-sen wrote:No the RCA is the consequence of the increase in purchasing power.

Quickly ban the SNCF strike to fight against global warming! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Joking aside, I agree with you on the substance of your analysis!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/06/18, 20:20

Christophe wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:No the RCA is the consequence of the increase in purchasing power.

Quickly ban the SNCF strike to fight against global warming! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Joking aside, I agree with you on the substance of your analysis!

Fewer trains means more GHG emissions ... : Idea:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/18, 20:24

It is more their wages and other pecuniary privileges (therefore purchasing power to pollute more elsewhere) that the strikers defend than the number of trains in circulation ... moreover, there could be no more trains than they would be. not unhappy, as long as we do not touch their "achievements" ...

ps: the GHG eco-balance of an electro-diesel TER is not so good, see here new-transport / consumption-energetics-ep-train-car-vs-t10967.html
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."