The train ... not tjr ecological / ca little generate bcp CO2

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

The train ... not tjr ecological / ca little generate bcp CO2

by Pyvesd » 10/06/07, 14:15

Fillon and Juppé went to inaugurate the TGV ... by plane

STRASBOURG (Reuters) - François Fillon and Alain Juppé, who presided over the launch ceremony of the TGV Est Européen on Saturday in Strasbourg, were not initially in Paris of the inaugural train, which they joined by special plane.

The Prime Minister had spent the evening in his stronghold of Sarthe where he was held back by the end of the election campaign. He joined by special plane the city of Nancy, where the TGV stopped to embark local elected officials, told the press Anne-Marie Idrac, president of the SNCF.

In Strasbourg, in his speech, he insisted on the inauguration of the high-speed train for sustainable development - the train is notoriously less polluting than the plane.

According to Les Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, Alain Juppé, his Minister of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Planning, also boarded the TGV in Nancy, which he had flown to Bordeaux, a city he is mayor.

The Strasbourg daily adds that the two men left Strasbourg separately at the end of the ceremony, still flying.

As for Anne-Marie Idrac, she had traveled to Luxembourg by air to take a seat on a special TGV to Strasbourg.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 10/06/07, 16:00

In Belgium we had our Minister of the Interior who went to see Al Gore's film in ... helicopter :D

Depressing:

Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/07, 16:29

Mocked an anecdote more ...

On the other hand, when the electricity is not nuclear or hydraulic, the train pollutes MORE than certain other transport compared to the transported ton ...

German trains must be among the worst in Europe given the number of coal centers they have ...
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 10 / 07, 12: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 10/06/07, 16:46

OH?
I did not know that.
Do we know the equivalence of pollution at Km if we average the power plants of a coal / nuclear country?
PCq in Belgium we have less nuclear than at home.

Thanks,
Dreamer
0 x
uogag
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by uogag » 26/10/07, 12:47

since when does nuclear pollution not pollute? : Shock:
it is not because the media mainly talk about global warming due to greenhouse gases that other pollution should be forgotten ...
As nuclear pollution is much more difficult for ordinary people to spot, it is very easy for governments to believe in good waste management. Anyone who finds out about it thanks to documents independent of the nuclear lobby (there are some, you have to look!) Realizes it.
0 x
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pyvesd » 26/10/07, 16:01

in this case, here we talk about air pollution and in particular CO2 no waste or other nuisances induced by this or that sector ...
0 x
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mnot » 27/10/07, 10:47

In my little village there is a train station, or rather there was a train station. Since the beginning of the year 2007, the trains do not stop any more, they were replaced by SNCF buses.

So for the same trip, the SNCF puts 1 train + 1 buses, all that to gain the 2 minutes of stop.

SNCF, it's possible! to pollute more ...
0 x
Forummeur: someone who has an opinion on everything, but above all has an opinion.

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."