The antiréchauffement processes scrutinized

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/09/09, 13:58

Unfortunately Christophe it's only science now ...
Processes of this kind have existed for a long time.
Manufacturers are ready to do anything not to lose their "markets"!
I really think that the destruction of the environment is wanted, 100% of rivers in France are polluted, who reported the crime ... I will not name names.
Everywhere in the world the water sources are parasitized by multinationals.
Deforestation yields a max (to make garden furniture, pecie, agrofuels etc).
I do not even talk about GMOs (plants then animals, then ...)
I think that with Geoengineering we create it on the cake!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/09, 14:05

Ben, you just said

almost zero result

... so it's not yet Science ... at least not mastered ... so not applicable. So to make an estimate the top is frankly daring ...

So much the better if "they" have a solution to climate change ...
0 x
sabrabou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

the solutions exist!

by sabrabou » 04/09/09, 14:14

Instead of always looking for complicated solutions, why not just a simple step. The negaWatt approach is exemplary in this respect:
sobriety
efficiency
renewability
(in order)
It works for energy, agriculture, transport ...
The solution to the problem goes by that.
I invite you to take a look at Negawatts.
The Negawatt Institute (www.institut-negawatt.com), newly created task to concretely set up trainings and studies for that.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/09/09, 14:15

I was talking about seeding the ocean.
As regards the diffusion in the atmosphere of particles aimed at increasing the albedo, the result is different.
The example of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo 1991 (which has spread several km3 of sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere) has shown that it works, but there is always damage ... collateral!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/09, 14:19

+1 with negawatt, that's what any "good econologist" thinks ... I think!

sen-no-sen wrote:The example of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo 1991 (which has spread several km3 of sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere) has shown that it works, but there is always damage ... collateral!

Ok we find where these tens of km3 of particles of pennyFre?

How do we spread them? What is the "durability" of this "climate patch"? How long does it hold in suspension? Secondary consequences? Etc., etc...

And who pays? The UN? Because to say 0.001% of the world GDP is fine ... but I remain skeptical ... Really!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 04/09/09, 14:34

There are plenty of feasible solutions that states will not favor.
For example, to paint his tiles in white. Several cumulative effects:
- increase of the albedo by tens of thousands of km ² of roofs which will return the light towards the sky (it will replace the icecaps)
- decrease in roof temperature, therefore less warming of the lower layers of the atmosphere (our cities)
- temperature down in the attic and therefore less air conditioning necessary (cumulative with less temperature in the lower atmosphere).
But which mayor would let white tiles be painted?

Same, to put an external insulation, even if one remakes a coat of plaster to the identical, it is necessary agreements of trustee (in housing estate) and of the town hall (facelift facade - declaration of work preliminary) whereas to stick a ugly parable that exceeds or the outer casing of a split should not ask anything ...

In short to overlock everything and want to control ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/09, 15:27

former oceanic wrote:But which mayor would let white tiles be painted?

A Greek mayor? : Mrgreen:

Seriously I do not think that painter roofs (or something else) in white does not change anything for the planet as a whole!

But this may have an influence on the climate of the urban islands ... but then maybe we should start by painting the roads : Mrgreen:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 04/09/09, 16:00

The surface built in 1997 has exceeded the 10000 km².
1 km² = 1000000 m², each m² receiving close to one KW is 1 GW per km².
With an albedo (light reflection power) of even 0,5, 1 km² white reflect 500 MW solar energy.

So for the 10000 km ² built it is 1000 GW of returned solar energy, if only in France.

1 TW is not nothing ...

There is more road surface, but a white road would be more troublesome for the vision (reverberation) than a dark road, so more dangerous. Perhaps it would also be more slippery (the ice and the rain would leave less quickly because the road would not heat).
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 04/09/09, 16:09

former oceanic wrote:In short to overlock everything and want to control ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
It is true that there are a lot of controls but at the same time when you see a city like Milan where there was no control for a very long time (I am not sure that there are any). today), you end up with a city that is absolutely not "homogeneous" from an aesthetic point of view.

In the same street, you can have a magnificent historical monument followed by an absolutely awful 15 building of 70 / 80 years then by another modern building like steel and glass ....

We will say what we want but the French cities (at least historical hearts) are pretty ....
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/09/09, 16:22

Christophe wrote:+1 with negawatt, that's what any "good econologist" thinks ... I think!

sen-no-sen wrote:The example of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo 1991 (which has spread several km3 of sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere) has shown that it works, but there is always damage ... collateral!

Ok we find where these tens of km3 of particles of pennyFre?

How do we spread them? What is the "durability" of this "climate patch"? How long does it hold in suspension? Secondary consequences? Etc., etc...

And who pays? The UN? Because to say 0.001% of the world GDP is fine ... but I remain skeptical ... Really!

To answer your first remark: the sulfur dioxide can be produced without any problem, even if other types of substances more advanced and more stable (the sulfur dioxide is transformed into sulfuric acid, from where the collateral damages ) are in development.
In addition tankers and other chemical sellers will fill their pockets.

The spreading can be done either by putting the said substances in mixture with the kerosene of the airplanes, or with a special fleet of plane or drones.
Who pays??? And you, me, we, you, they, they :|
A global carbon tax!
The day or pay the air we breathe may not be far away?
0 x