The planet is burning and we are watching our smartphones.

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
adomanim

Re: The planet is burning and we are watching our smartphones.

by adomanim » 02/02/20, 15:24

The speech of the French president takes place on September 2, 2002 in front of the plenary assembly of the fourth Earth Summit, being held from August 26 to September 4, 2002. Jacques Chirac speaks at the podium when he was re-elected president of the Republic a few months earlier, after an election during which the environment held only a secondary place, being especially marked by the presence of the far-right candidate Jean-Marie Le Pen in the second round.
0 x
adomanim

by adomanim » 03/02/20, 13:01

Not really ... I have a photographer friend who realizes that each time he "targets" an animal with his camera, it runs away, whereas before doing so, it can l '' observe at leisure without scaring it (found on some birds and wild boars)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/02/20, 13:23

adomanim wrote:Not really ... I have a photographer friend who realizes that each time he "targets" an animal with his camera, it runs away, whereas before doing so, it can l '' observe at leisure without scaring it (found on some birds and wild boars)

Exact. In the Var, at a friend's house:
He observed a boar who was quietly looking for something to nibble on his land and told himself that he was going to photograph him (he is an amateur photographer). As soon as he came out of the house and targeted him, panic on board! The boar panicked and smashed the fence (making a breach of 10m !!!) and tore down 2 cemented posts to disappear in the ditch.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/02/20, 13:36

It is the fear of the eye of Moscow.
The objective strongly resembles the sniper scope.
And all these nasty country hunters who run after them. With rifle, rifle, compound bow and dogs
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/02/20, 13:44

plasmanu wrote:It is the fear of the eye of Moscow.
The objective strongly resembles the sniper scope.
And all these nasty country hunters who run after them. With rifle, rifle, compound bow and dogs

Bow hunters, you don't see any bezef. Personally, I have never seen one.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/02/20, 17:44

Legislation is more stringent than firearms for hunting, but it's easier to own. No gendarmerie registration. My physiotherapist in fact. But he prefers target competitions there. And if we miss the boar, goodbye the arrow / line.
A former client, a lieutenant in the dog-breeding business, too: unintentionally planted an arrow in a neighbor's laundry bin: the scandal.
I have 2 simple arcs and an initiation.
But he makes me a model for left-handed compound bow (hard to find second-hand), and it's hard to bandage, at 14 years old I had not succeeded
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/02/20, 18:55

plasmanu wrote:it's hard to bandage, at 14 years old I had not succeeded

Sexual breakdown at this age, if not unfortunate! : Cheesy:
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/02/20, 19:14

What a crook. I just reread myself : Mrgreen:
I must quickly try again at 45 and being a virgin on the market : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/04/20, 15:22

ADEME has published advice which must be brought up to date in view of the corona crisis: https://www.ademe.fr/particuliers-eco-c ... er-impacts

Internet (Smartphones) and e-mails: limiting the impact
Updated 01 / 04 / 2020

The use of the Internet has become essential in office activities. It seems intangible, but it is an illusion. The Internet generates very real environmental impacts.

Mails: optimize reception and shipments

Sending e-mails, storing them, operating the servers: all these operations consume electricity. Here are some tips to limit your consumption:

classify your emails as soon as they arrive and eliminate spam from the outset. It is very useful to install antispam software;
target and do not multiply the recipients when you send emails. Avoid, for example, the systematic use of the "reply to all" function if you reply to a collective mailing;
remove attachments from messages you reply to;
create light and well-designed attachments: compressed files, low-definition PDF, optimized documents (blanking, unnecessary images…) and easy to read on a computer or tablet. Replace the attachments with a hyperlink or URL. For very heavy documents, think of your company's sharing folders.
Web requests: keep it short and simple

Simplify your web searches:

go directly to the site you are looking for, by using your consultation history, by creating favorites in your browser for the addresses you regularly consult or by directly typing the URL of a site during a search;
do a precise search using relevant keywords and refine your search;
use the arrows at the address bar (“back” or “forward” a page). They save the reloading of pages;
limit the operation of flash animations on the pages viewed: they consume energy. Some software allows them to be blocked and played on a case-by-case basis.
Some browsers consume more power than others. The Web Energy Archive study, carried out by the Green Code Lab in 2013 for ADEME, identifies Chrome as one of the most demanding (27 Wh per 1 page views) compared to Internet Explorer and Firefox. However, if you install a new browser on your computer, do not uninstall Internet Explorer, which is necessary to display certain programs on Windows. Some search engines present themselves as more ecological by donating part of their income to social and / or environmental projects (Ecosia, Ecogine, Ecosearch, Lilo, etc.).

Data storage

It is done either locally, on your computer, on the company's equipment, or, more and more often externally, via webmail servers and the Cloud.

To lighten the data centers and the work of your equipment, regularly clean your mailbox and sort your emails to facilitate your research. Store and use as much data locally (external hard drive, etc.). With each external storage, with each consultation of this data, it is necessary to go back and forth between users and servers. Whether your data is stored internally or externally, sort it regularly by deleting unnecessary data: images, videos, documents never viewed accumulate and clutter the storage units.

The Ademe forgot to specify the most important: visit the forums econologie.com at least once a week !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

2 reports to download:

https://www.ademe.fr/ecoresponsable-bureau

eco-friendly-guide-to-the-office.pdf
(1.12 million) Downloaded times 417

https://www.ademe.fr/face-cachee-numerique

practical-guide-digital-hidden-face.pdf
(869.3 KB) Downloaded times 515
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/04/20, 15:48

My smartphone has been switched off for 4 weeks. I check my SMS once a week max. : Cheesy:
0 x