The planet is burning and we are watching our smartphones.

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The planet is burning and we are watching our smartphones.

by dede2002 » 15/10/19, 15:34

realistic ecology wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:By definition, a large society tends to become naturally unequal.]

It seems to me that there has always been a tribal chief, even in the smallest tribes.
As in a pack of wolves of 20 individuals.
With almost always the unequaled man - woman.

It also happens that the chief is not the richest. Sometimes he doesn't need anything, because "everyone" gives him what he needs.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/10/19, 16:51

dede2002 wrote:I was thinking of gazelles grazing near lions, or birds cleaning the teeth of crocodiles. Once I found myself face to face with a crocodile, he was more afraid than me!
So I rephrase: we notice that most wild vertebrates flee from humans, even elephants. If it's written in their genes, it makes you think that humans have been hungry all the time :?:

Gazelles grazing near Lions is a form of "confectioners' truce", with sated lions and lionesses hardly posing a threat during hot hours.
Birds like the plover adopt a so-called symbiosis strategy: they find "easy" food in the mouth of the crocodile which finds the most practical dental care there, it's a winner.
In the case of the human being it is more often our noisy or clumsy attitude which makes the fauna flee rather than a fear of the human race. Because again with the method it is possible to make "accept" as the some scientists have done.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/10/19, 19:04

sen-no-sen wrote:
dede2002 wrote:I was thinking of gazelles grazing near lions, or birds cleaning the teeth of crocodiles. Once I found myself face to face with a crocodile, he was more afraid than me!
So I rephrase: we notice that most wild vertebrates flee from humans, even elephants. If it's written in their genes, it makes you think that humans have been hungry all the time :?:<<< All animals know the "hierarchy of predators". Man is the most unstable, dangerous and meaty of all. Normal that they are scared!

Gazelles grazing near Lions is a form of "confectioners' truce", with sated lions and lionesses hardly posing a threat during hot hours. <<< Lions hunt at night.
Birds like the plover adopt a so-called symbiosis strategy: they find "easy" food in the crocodile's mouth, which finds the most practical dental care there, it's a winner.. <<< Among fish there are even "cleaning stations" in specific places!
In the case of the human being it is more often our noisy or clumsy attitude which makes flee the fauna rather than a fear of the human race. <<< Not really ... I have a photographer friend who realizes that every time he "targets" an animal with his camera, it runs away, whereas before doing so, he can observe it at leisure without scaring it (observed on some birds and wild boars).
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/10/19, 20:39

GuyGadebois wrote: Not really ... I have a photographer friend who realizes that each time he "targets" an animal with his camera, it runs away, whereas before doing so, it can l 'observe at leisure without scaring it (found on some birds and wild boars) [/ color].
[/ Quote]

Well in this case it is the camera that scares.
Otherwise it seems to me that Dian Fossey had a fairly successful incursion into the gorillas.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/10/19, 20:45

sen-no-sen wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote: Not really ... I have a photographer friend who realizes that each time he "targets" an animal with his camera, it runs away, whereas before doing so, it can l 'observe at leisure without scaring it (found on some birds and wild boars) [/ color].

Otherwise it seems to me that Dian Fossey had been fairly successful are incursion in the gorillas. [/ quote]
Yes, because it recalls in the gesture which consists in aiming, the rifle. The animal knows the dangerousness of man and can therefore distinguish between things. Hence the "not really" instead of "not at all".
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/10/19, 20:45

GuyGadebois wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:

Otherwise it seems to me that Dian Fossey had a fairly successful incursion into the gorillas.

Yes, because it recalls in the gesture which consists in aiming, the rifle. The animal knows the dangerousness of man and can therefore distinguish between things. Hence the "not really" instead of "not at all".
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/10/19, 20:51

Guy, you write:
Yes, because it recalls in the gesture which consists in aiming, the rifle.

It reminds me of an experience I had done: near crows perched on trees and who watched me calmly pass, I raised an outstretched arm and immediately all flew away.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/10/19, 21:10

Ahmed wrote:Guy, you write:
Yes, because it recalls in the gesture which consists in aiming, the rifle.

It reminds me of an experience I had done: near crows perched on trees and who watched me calmly pass, I raised an outstretched arm and immediately all flew away.

On the other hand, yelling "your mouths seagulls" has absolutely no effect!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/10/19, 23:48

A debate on the subject

1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/10/19, 13:17

Pollution from Netflix, Youtube, Facebook videos ...

0 x