Next week will be polar!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Next week will be polar!

by sen-no-sen » 27/02/18, 20:36

Have you noticed this media eagerness to tell us about the cold felt friends?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/02/18, 20:42

I do not know what the media say, but the very journalistic title of this thread is already an overt exaggeration.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/02/18, 20:55

This concept is nothing new is strangely put forward by some TV channels.
With my usual unhealthy mind I soon thought that this redundancy in the term certainly had a purpose other than the good human being ... and to tell the truth I had seen, it is neither more nor less than new marketing offensive to facilitate the sale of products of all kinds (technical underwear to USB heaters, jackets etc ...).
It therefore seems quite clear that the even* du "felt cold" We should have come out every winter in order to encourage consumers to the cautious psyche to buy a swarm of indispensable product, of course.

* idea that replicates itself by imitation.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/02/18, 21:11

You have frankly misplaced spirit! Do you realize that without these useful details, many of our fellow citizens would not have been aware of what they felt (without being able to express it) and therefore would not have been able to remediate? Imagine the extent of the inconvenience avoided and this, let's not be afraid of words, thanks to the unfailing dedication of this true mission of public service invested by our valiant media (that it paints me to see here suspected of mercantilism) ?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/02/18, 02:34

My faith I do not want to disappoint but for the moment the temperatures of last year have still not been beaten and are half less lower ....

We had a -10 at the very beginning of the season, and right now we are at -8.4 sky half clear.
Ditto on Allos a few chouillas - 8.6 is not Siberia far from there
https://weathermap.netatmo.com/

Against -15 and up to -17 last year ....

5cm of snow this morning half melted this afternoon: not Peru and before yesterday more 30 in the greenhouse (with sun of course)

But since it seems cold Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/18, 16:48

sen-no-sen wrote:Have you noticed this media eagerness to tell us about the cold felt friends?

+1 yes and finally in terms of "pure" temperature it was not so important as a cold snap ... At least in the Ardennes, we did not exceed -12 ° C from what I saw ... .

nico239 wrote:My faith I do not want to disappoint but for the moment the temperatures of last year have still not been beaten and are half less lower ....

(...)

Against -15 and up to -17 last year ....

+ 2, here we have already seen nights at -20 ° C ... VS -12 ° C this year ...

Worse some cons (Trump, LePen father ...) argue that global warming does not exist because there is this kind of cold wave, these cons simply confuse weather and climate ... An article from the World tries to disassemble this bullshit: http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/art ... 55770.html

But I think it's more accurate to talk about change than global warming ...

Why cold waves do not call into question global warming

As soon as winter becomes harsh, the ironic argument about the extent of global warming resurfaces. But do not confuse weather and climate.

(...)

To summarize: the weather varies over short times, while the climate varies over (very) long periods. To be precise, meteorology refers to the study of atmospheric phenomena and conditions over short periods of time, while climate refers to the evolution of the atmosphere over the long term.

To use an analogy, if the weather is the cash you keep in your pocket, the climate is your annual income. The first varies from day to day, when the second varies much more slowly.

Over periods of the order of a few days, months or years, the variability of atmospheric phenomena is important: temperatures, precipitation and other weather indicators can experience marked ups and downs. The climate changes, too, but over much longer periods. So long, that they are usually imperceptible to human height, which lives only seventy-one years on average (in 2015).

The episodes of intense cold will not disappear, but global warming will make them rarer

For example, the temperatures in France were in the night of 27 to February 28 lower than 8 at 12 degrees Celsius compared to the seasonal norms, ie the average temperatures recorded previously over thirty years (1981- 2010) at the same time of the year.

This, even though the average temperature on the globe was the same day higher than 0,7 ° C at the global seasonal norms (1979-2000).

(...)

France will therefore continue to experience cold spells in the coming years and decades. They will be fewer in number and probably less severe in general. But they will not prevent the hexagonal and global climate from experiencing an alarming rise in temperatures for the planet's ecosystems.

Disagree with the conclusion: I think that the phenomena of the "Moscow-Paris" type are likely to be, on the contrary, more frequent and more intense ... even if the average winter temperatures will be on the rise ...

In short I think that the amplitudes of the weather temperature on the same place will go up because a warmer global climate is a more active climate, so less stable so more changeable or violent at the local level ...It's a bit like the 2ieme principle of thermodynamics applied to the climate...

In short, it will be ... the climatic mess! : Cheesy:

We will alternate intense periods in Image et Image
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/05/19, 12:28

This image shows that despite the cold felt, the Earth is well overheated http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france ... e-20190510
The slightest cold wave is systematically taken by the most obstinate climateosceptics as an argument to deny the reality of global warming. Even when the planet is on the contrary in full blow of hot as it is the case at the moment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/21, 12:38

New "inversion" of the polar vortex:

WS6JFU54DCCH2UAIKHUVBI4DTE.jpg
WS6JFU54DCCH2UAIKHUVBI4DTE.jpg (181.3 KiB) Viewed 3186 times

It will curdle seriously at the end of January according to several sources ...

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/21, 12:48

Weird, the models do not predict very cold in the Ardennes until the end of January at least according to: https://www.windguru.cz/774
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."