The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The latest figures from global warming

by ABC2019 » 10/03/20, 00:46

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:amusing. Hypocrisy is not quite the contrary when you display "ideals" and your real life is very different (like a certain ex-candidate for mayor of Paris?)

I try to fit in best with my ideals. When you don't live alone, it's not always easy, but I do what I can.

seriously, it's your partner who forces you to spend time on forums ? original.

Ahmed wrote:ABC2019, you write:
no, if it was an ideal, it would have been a long time since you got rid of your computer, and you would not pollute them forum, I don't think it's essential to life.

A reasonable use of the computer which would aim to propagate messages diverting consumerist excesses, by their multiplier effects would be likely to have a much greater positive impact than an individual abstention without any meaning. The argument advanced of an alleged hypocrisy is to be classified in the fallacy "to quoque".

I often appreciate your posts Ahmed, but there I think you brought a stone to the monument of hypocrisy ....
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 00:54

ABC2019 wrote:seriously, it's your partner who forces you to spend time on forums ? original.

I don't have to justify myself. :frown:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 10/03/20, 00:57

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:seriously, it's your partner who forces you to spend time on forums ? original.

if you don't spend your time lecturing others, no.

If you do, yes, a little.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 01:32

ABC2019 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:

Which report?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 10/03/20, 07:51

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:I don't have to justify myself. :frown:

Which report?

if you don't see the connection; so what do you blame the ministers of ecology who are going on vacation to the Maldives or who have 5 second homes?
0 x

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 13:59

ABC2019 wrote:if you don't see the connection; so what do you blame the ministers of ecology who are going on vacation to the Maldives or who have 5 second homes?

I don't see the connection with me who just refused a plane trip to visit my family, letting the others do it, staying alone at home.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/03/20, 14:24

GuyGadebois wrote:I don't see the connection with me who just refused a plane trip to visit my family, letting the others do it, staying alone at home.

You don't seem to be doing too much there : Mrgreen: ! If you don't want to piss off for a few days with your in-laws, that's perfectly understandable! : Lol: I loved this one:

coronavirus.jpg
coronavirus.jpg (116.15 KB) Viewed 1111 times
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 14:29

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:I don't see the connection with me who just refused a plane trip to visit my family, letting the others do it, staying alone at home.

You don't seem to be doing too much there : Mrgreen: ! If you don't want to piss off for a few days with your in-laws, that's perfectly understandable!

Except that one is not my beautiful family (which incidentally I love) and two is a concrete measure to minimize my carbon footprint. I don't see where I would do too much.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/03/20, 14:34

GuyGadebois wrote: and two, it's a concrete measure to minimize my carbon footprint.

RESPECT
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/03/20, 16:09

According to a study published in "Nature", changes in land use have caused a noticeable effect on air temperature (down to -1 ° C in Western Europe) and on humidity. . Human activity would have an impact there, but of cooling.

"About 70 Mha of land cover change (LCC) occurred in Europe between 1992 and 2015. Although land cover changes are an important factor in regional climate variations, their effects on temperature at the scale of the continent have not yet been assessed. Here we integrate the maps of historical land cover changes with a regional climate model to study the effects of air temperature and humidity. We see an average variation temperature of -0,12 ± 0,20 ° C, with widespread cooling (down to -1,0 ° C) in western and central Europe in summer and spring. On a continental scale, average cooling is mainly correlated with the abandonment of agriculture (transitions between crops and forests), but a new approach based on the regression of ridges decomposing the change in temperature at individual land transitions shows reactions s opposed to losses and gains of cultivated land between Western and Eastern Europe. The effects of historic CCLs on the European climate are significant and region-specific, and ignoring biophysical land-climate interactions can lead to sub-optimal climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies. "
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-14890-0
0 x