The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The latest figures from global warming

by GuyGadebois » 08/03/20, 21:42

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:. And when I fill my tank with biogas, it's zero fossil.

Ah, are you filling your tank with biogas? It's new?

No, I already told you about it, I even told you that I paid 15cts more expensive per kilo. When we want to fight, we have to follow!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/03/20, 23:59

ABC2019 wrote:I do not play idiot, and I do not take people for idiots, I would just like to understand what we really imagine with zero fossils, because all the societies without fossils that I know, historically or geographically, it is with a standard of living comparable to the Middle Ages (itself not very different from the Neolithic in fact).
It is certain that without a change of mentality, by wanting at the same time: nuclear zero and bio for all, it is completely utopian.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/03/20, 02:15

The good news from Copernicus https://climate.copernicus.eu/climate-bulletins
Last winter (December 2019 to February 2020) was by far the hottest on record in Europe. With persistent mild weather over Europe, especially in the north and east, the average temperature was almost 1,4 ° C higher than that of the previous warmest winter, 2015/16;

We had the warmest January ever in Europe, with temperatures 3,1 degrees Celsius above the base period from 1981 to 2010.

Last month was the second hottest February on record, both globally and in Europe. Temperatures were highest above average in a large region covering much of Europe, Siberia and Central Asia, and in western Antarctica and were the lowest the average in northern Alaska;
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 09/03/20, 04:46

GuyGadebois wrote:Zero fossil, zero nuclear, zero chemistry, zero pollution is an IDEAL to achieve, an ABSOLUTE towards which to strive, a UTOPIA ... is it clearer?

no, if it was an ideal, it would have been a long time since you got rid of your computer, and you would not pollute them forum, I don't think it's essential to life. And your biogas car, it was not built without fossil, and a car is also not essential to life.

It is not an "ideal", it is a proclamation full of hypocrisy; and my question was not about hypocritical "ideals", but about realities. You said that you conchiais the ministers of ecology who were going to the Maldives or who had second homes in the 4 corners of France, but in principle your attitude is no different, you just set the bar where you want to consider you better than them, that's all.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 09/03/20, 04:47

izentrop wrote:The good news from Copernicus https://climate.copernicus.eu/climate-bulletins
Last winter (December 2019 to February 2020) was by far the hottest on record in Europe. With persistent mild weather over Europe, especially in the north and east, the average temperature was almost 1,4 ° C higher than that of the previous warmest winter, 2015/16;

We had the warmest January ever in Europe, with temperatures 3,1 degrees Celsius above the base period from 1981 to 2010.

Last month was the second hottest February on record, both globally and in Europe. Temperatures were highest above average in a large region covering much of Europe, Siberia and Central Asia, and in western Antarctica and were the lowest the average in northern Alaska;

It has not escaped your notice that the main problem which agitates the world at the moment is not that it has made a few degrees more than the year before, however (which considering that the forcing has practically increased, has nothing to do with CO2 but with a short-term natural variability that could have happened anytime anyway, even without the effect of CO2).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 09/03/20, 04:52

GuyGadebois wrote:(And the other c .. which has been looping since my first post ...)
And always these contemptuous and indirect attacks. His trademark. Image"King of hypocrisy".

amusing. Hypocrisy is not quite the contrary when you display "ideals" and your real life is very different (like a certain ex-candidate for mayor of Paris?)
0 x

realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 09/03/20, 19:13

Global warming: news that collides in March 2020.

1] Hottest winter 2019-2020 ever measured in France
2] In France, shutdown of reactor no. 1 at Fessenheim (900 MW)
3] In Germany, commissioning of the 2020 MW Datteln coal-fired power plant scheduled for 1.

Considering 2 and 3 we can bet that the new 1 will quickly be obsolete.

I would like to read:
- Germany closes its coal and lignite plants (it is not enough to promise)
- France opens a new nuclear power plant.
- The threat of global warming is disappearing.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/03/20, 19:15

ABC2019 wrote:amusing. Hypocrisy is not quite the contrary when you display "ideals" and your real life is very different (like a certain ex-candidate for mayor of Paris?)

I try to fit in best with my ideals. When you don't live alone, it's not always easy, but I do what I can.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/03/20, 21:48

ABC2019, you write:
no, if it was an ideal, it would have been a long time since you got rid of your computer, and you would not pollute them forum, I don't think it's essential to life.

A reasonable use of the computer which would aim to propagate messages diverting consumerist excesses, by their multiplier effects would be likely to have a much greater positive impact than an individual abstention without any meaning. The argument advanced of an alleged hypocrisy is to be classified in the fallacy "to quoque".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 09/03/20, 21:59

GuyGadebois wrote:...
I try to fit at best with my ideals ...

Well they don't have to aim high, if you judge by your methods here.
0 x