The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The latest figures from global warming

by Exnihiloest » 17/11/20, 10:43

Forhorse wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:I remind you that science, unlike religions, is not a set of dogmas in which one should blindly believe.

say the one who believes that everything is fine and prefers to look at the world with blinders ...

Funny kind of inappropriate reflection, coming from a guy who has just told us that he does not listen to the old people talking outside their domain (which is already a fallacy, youthism), and who in addition, when we explains to him that the president of the IPCC is an old man, and that he is not a climatologist, comes to make the argument ad personam against the one who speaks, we see it here, rather than apologize for having said bullshit. We cannot expect intellectual honesty from those handling ad hoc arguments.

The fact that the IPCC chairman's area of ​​expertise is the economy, not the climate, says a lot about this body. It is not a scientific body but a political one. A scientific body does not tell politicians what to do, and a scientific body has its work and conclusions validated by independent teams, before a consensus can be reached to take political action.
We are not in science but in politics, and for the most narrow-minded environmentalists, in religion: it doesn't matter what is said, as long as it goes in the direction of their faith: the sermons of the climate apocalypse which hope- they will lead people to call their ecofascism as a solution, namely to sacrifice man to nature, or rather to the childish idea they have of it through their images of Epinal.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 17/11/20, 10:53

izentrop wrote:... We have to dot the "i" with you two (you and Exnihilo) : Twisted:

The authority argument, very little for me. But you have the right to be finger on the seam in front of organizations that you have been told to be official science and which claim to represent scientific consensus.
I look more closely, I use the skepticism required by the scientific mind, and I no longer count the falsehoods asserted as truths by climatologists. I put the last ones there, one more element which proves that there is no scientific consensus:
Disaster-human-natural / the-tale-of-warming-and-the-fight-against-the-co2-t15854-1580.html # p419816
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 17/11/20, 13:38

ABC2019 wrote:
Forhorse wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:OK, no worries about trusting scientists. . Could you just tell me what for you is part of the scientific consensus, and how we made sure that there is consensus?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controver ... climatique

good so you agree with that:
Within the scientific community, existence is no longer in doubt, nor its causes. In 2014, the IPCC estimated the “probability” that the warming is due to human activities “greater than 95%” 1, while a study published in 2018 in the journal Science estimates the probability that climate change is anthropogenic at more than 99,99% 2. The certainty is now almost unanimous among climatologists and the climate is the subject of much research, in particular with regard to the reconstruction of climates of the near or distant past, the statistical treatment of current data, forecasts on the future climate, the improvement of models in climatology.

but also with this:

Two subjects generate important debates on the side of scientists and the political world. On the one hand, the consequences of global warming are much debated, since they depend on the extent of the warming. While some regions of the globe may benefit from warming, most of the consequences are likely to turn out to be negative3. The current level of knowledge in this area depends in particular on climatological models. On the other hand, the actions to be taken to fight against global warming are the subject of many debates, since it is very often a question of reconsidering political choices at multiple levels (social, economic, technological, environmental, health, moral).

a priori, what is the subject of many debates, there is no consensus? unless we don't have the same definition of "consensus"?

Personally, I have nothing to object to that. Even if for my part, to be realistic is to be rather pessimistic about the horizon to come (the RC being only one of the factors aggravating with the overall deterioration of the environments by our omnipresence, the demography concentrated in already sensitive areas. to food supply problems, the announced shortage of several resources, uncertainty about technical and technological developments but also social, etc.)
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/11/20, 09:50

ABC2019 wrote:
izentrop wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:good so you agree with that: a priori, what is the subject of much debate, there is no consensus? unless we don't have the same definition of "consensus"?
You will notice that your question was about scientific consensus and that in your answer you mix 2 different consensus, whereas the political or public consensus of which you seem to be part is not the subject here : Shock:
If the anthropogenic origin of global warming is the subject ofan overwhelming consensus among scientists, this is not always the case in public opinion. This varies from country to country, and has evolved since the start of the IPCC's work. Thus, in 2013 the General Commission for Sustainable Development (CGDD) published a survey according to which 35% of French people are climate-skeptical (either denying global warming in its entirety or denying its anthropogenic origin) 147,148. Of these, more than half are believed to have no diploma, and 48% are over 70 years old147. In 2019, according to a report on public opinion and the climate, 23% of the world population maintains that climate change is not man-made149.
We have to dot the "i" with you two (you and Exnihilo) : Twisted:

yes finally I gave precise references of real scientists recognized in the field of climatology who do not share the ambient catastrophism: Lindzen, Spencer, Curry, and there are many others. So there is no consensus, and when there is no consensus, we cannot simply say that we believe the consensus, we must explain why we take sides for some and not for others.

Even on the side of economists, there is no consensus
Again the blow of "consensus" this word deserves to be posed idiots Image Image
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/12/20, 00:36

Gilles Ramstein says that with 415 ppm, we are outside of everything the earth has known for 3 million years https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/le ... embre-2020
Attachments
co2-3MA.gif
CO2 in the atmosphere reconstituted
co2-3MA.gif (56.37 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/12/20, 08:03

izentrop wrote:Gilles Ramstein says that with 415 ppm, we are outside of everything the earth has known for 3 million years

in case you have missed it, the whole earth is in a state that it has never known before (for more than 4 billion years), and not only because of CO2. You just have to look out the window to realize it.

And so ?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/12/20, 04:54

The latest projections from Climate Action Tracker https://climateactiontracker.org/public ... ing-point/
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 04/12/20, 08:13

izentrop wrote:The latest projections from Climate Action Tracker https://climateactiontracker.org/public ... ing-point/

RIP the RCP 8.5 scenario it looks like, there is a bunch of catastrophic predictions that will have to cut! it will end in the doomsday predictions market!

0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/12/20, 09:03

Looks like you can't reach a consensus Image Image
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/12/20, 09:25

ABC2019 wrote:RIP the RCP 8.5 scenario looks like
If you had read, it is an independent body of the IPCC and it is subject to the "Paris agreements". From what I understand, whatever we do, the 2 degrees are exceeded in the best case
0 x