The methane bomb is primed

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 04/12/11, 12:44

moinsdewatt wrote:
dedeleco wrote:56 millions of years ago, this methane frozen at the bottom of the oceans has become so warm that it has exploded at the bottom of the oceans by digging huge pits that have left visible traces .....!

You say nothing about Dedelco.

I maintain.

That there was massive emission of Methane a few tens of millions of years ago, I know it, I have already read this kind of scientific article.
There is no need to put a slice of bread on your side.

But laugh at all in the article does talk about forming ocean pits by an alleged 'explosion' that only exists in your mind.

Do not confuse rapid release of CH4 by decompression and explosion.

And anyway an explosion of Underwater CH4 gas in the form of 'chemical' explosion with an oxidant, it does not exist.

Again Dedeleco does not read precisely what his interlocutors tell him.
He would make a good '' Professor Sunflower ''.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 13:40

But if, but, lessdewatt did not read the ancient articles cited, nor watched France 5 and Arte which explained that the release of methane ends up being explosive with loose km3 bubbles, which have left huge underwater holes still visible!

lesswatt only has to look for the references by carefully reading the articles about these deposits of solidified methane in water.

I do not see why I would be the only one tired of finding these scientific articles and also videos France5 and Arte and BBC !!!
lesswatt can do the bibliography as well as me and read the detailed studies carefully before having peremptory certainties !!

In any case, when a phase transition occurs: solid to gas, to less than degree by heating on huge volumes of thick layers, the beginning (for example: spontaneous with an excess of accumulated methane, big earthquake, volcano, etc ..), stir the other layers around and above and triggers a huge release of this gas!
It is absolutely obvious, certain and catastrophic, with visible geological traces under the sea still today.

This real risk currently exists with the current warming of the ocean floor.
To deny it, as a lesswatt, is equivalent to believing in the perpetual infallibility of the French nuclear, madness of most French now!

Do not confuse rapid release of CH4 by decompression and explosion

lessdewatt did not realize that on volumes of more than km3, the solid transition to the state of gas (without burning initially because without oxygen) is a huge explosion, which is not a decompression, but first a huge increase in volume, increasing the pressure locally instantly and violently pushing everything around it explosively, to decompress, just like volcanoes and super-volcanoes, explode by passing liquid water deep into the gas state brutally over tens of km2 (Yellowstone , Toba, near Tübingen in Germany 12500 years ago, etc ..!)

I remind you less than watts that combustion explosions (CH4 or explosive dynamite, ammonium nitrate) are first a huge change in volume by more gas with very rapid heating of this gas released instantly.

So moindewatt did not think enough about physical evidence.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 04/12/11, 20:06

dedeleco wrote:But if, but, lessdewatt did not read the ancient articles cited, nor watched France 5 and Arte which explained that the release of methane ends up being explosive with loose km3 bubbles, which have left huge underwater holes still visible!

Oh good underwater holes created by this phenomenon?

So where?
And what serious scientist says that?

Do not talk to me about ARTE and BBC as an answer, it does not suit me as a scientist.

the two references you quoted above (Physorg and Nature) do not speak of this.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 21:13

Read all references of articles and references in them, like drawers !!
The bibliographic work is very serious.

Arte, BBC France 5 are very serious in their scientific reports that make scientists talk !!

The BBC presented the endocrine disruptors from the beginning by scientists to 1995 with their catastrophic effects !!!
etc ...

Anyway, if we have miles of sediment thickness with solid CH4, when it becomes gaseous, it explodes, projecting everything and leaves a big hole instead !!
Obvious !!!
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."