Switzerland has achieved its objectives of the Kyoto Protocol

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Switzerland has achieved its objectives of the Kyoto Protocol

by Christophe » 09/11/06, 15:39

Kyoto goal reached

Switzerland declares itself "ready" for the 2008-2012 phase of application of the Kyoto protocol. Even if the CO2 tax hangs in Parliament

The Federal Council yesterday approved the report, which states that Switzerland "fulfills the formal conditions for the implementation of its Kyoto commitments". Switzerland will thus be able to participate in the implementation of the Kyoto Protocol (reduction of greenhouse gases, including CO2), within the framework of the UN Convention on Climate Change.

For 242 million tons

All countries committed to the protocol must do the same. Switzerland confirms that it will have the right to emit greenhouse gases between 2008 and 2012 for exactly 242,65 million tonnes of "CO2 equivalents". This is a reduction of 8% compared to Swiss emissions in 1990 (target set in 1997 in Kyoto).

Yesterday's report to the experts of the UN Convention further specifies three points. First, how Switzerland will reduce its emissions on its territory. Then the possible consideration in the reduction of "carbon sinks" through which the extension of forests can absorb CO2. Finally, the share of reducing emissions abroad.

Priority is given to reducing emissions nationally. In Switzerland, the main instrument is the law on CO2, adopted in 2000. But its application (energy policy measures and private economy initiatives) has not produced the expected results: emissions have been stabilized, but not reduced. It took the next step.

Expected by law, a "climate penny" was introduced in October 2005 on fuels (gasoline and diesel). He has to report 100 millions a year. A tax on fuels (heating oil) should follow in 2008: the National Council approved it in June. The Council of States, for its part, asked for additional information before taking a decision.

http://www.lexpress.ch/journal/suisse/art_148605.php
0 x
Charlotte
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Charlotte » 14/11/06, 09:44

And Bam :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/06, 09:49

Where are you? :P

This is not the game too: zavé full of mountains for your hydroelectricity! : Cheesy:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 14/11/06, 10:01

Christophe wrote:Where are you? :P

This is not the game too: zavé full of mountains for your hydroelectricity! : Cheesy:

yes but in Switzerland they also have plenty of purple cows Image (to make chocolate) and purple cows, it peeves !!!

It's full of greenhouse gases, that's Image
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Charlotte
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Charlotte » 14/11/06, 10:08

We needed something to compensate for all this perfection. : Cheesy:

But it is very nice that Switzerland begins to reduce its emissions. As well plant three bushes and say that we reforested the Sahara ...

And then hydropower, it will not last if the glaciers continue to retreat like that.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/06, 10:17

Targol wrote:yes but in Switzerland they also have plenty of purple cows Image (to make chocolate) and purple cows, it peeves !!!

It's full of greenhouse gases, that's Image

Zon also full of petrochemicals ... in Basel in particular ... zon the pipoté figures ... How they know so well for the finances (hiihihihihi) Do not fuss Charlotte I'm laughing huh : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/06, 10:18

Charlotte wrote:And then hydropower, it will not last if the glaciers continue to retreat like that.

Uh I do not know if you say that to laugh but I do not think there is a great link between the two ... What matters are mainly the sources ...

On the contrary ... stupid idea: warming would perhaps make it possible to reveal new sources (frozen at high altitudes for the moment) ... and therefore to increase the "fluvial" potential of the region (uh fluvial may not be the right term ...)
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."