Study on the future cost of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Study on the future cost of global warming

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/07/21, 21:12

(Poor sen-no-sen who did not understand that he was talking to a reincarnation of Einstein ...) : Mrgreen:
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 06:33

Exnihiloest wrote:
humus wrote:...
What mark is the crystal ball about fusion?

Einstein, 1905.

And dishonest in addition, I speak of course of the date of the merger operational on earth and its massive diffusion to replace fossils, which crystal ball do you use?
Find out from those who work there:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 07:07

sen-no-sen wrote:However, the drop in production (not to be confused with exhaustion!) will create a long period of economic and social instability which is expected to extend for a long time.

but no see, the IPCC assures us that reducing the consumption of fossils by 5% per year can be done with very little inconvenience, are you not aware? : roll:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 07:52

ABC2019 wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:However, the drop in production (not to be confused with exhaustion!) will create a long period of economic and social instability which is expected to extend for a long time.

but no see, the IPCC assures us that reducing the consumption of fossils by 5% per year can be done with very little inconvenience, are you not aware? : roll:

Hence the interest in decreasing voluntarily but in a thoughtful way and not just decreasing in an economic model which calls for the exact opposite.
This implies reviewing points of the economic model.

What you are both sketching is the decrease undergone.

Hence the interest in the face of any disaster, to prepare seriously and not to go ostrich, or stupidly apply salutary instructions in contradiction with the economic model.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 08:49

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

Hence the interest in decreasing voluntarily but in a thoughtful way and not just decreasing in an economic model which calls for the exact opposite.

I do not know very well what "points of the economic model" you intend to review and what you expect from them, since you do not answer anything as soon as you are asked questions that are a little concrete, but it was to say that nothing says that "the decline in production ... will create a long period of economic and social instability which should extend for a long time.", if there is a way to lower production without it being a problem.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 09:23

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:but no see, the IPCC assures us that reducing the consumption of fossils by 5% per year can be done with very little inconvenience, are you not aware? : roll:

I do not know very well what "points of the economic model" you intend to review and what you expect from them, since you do not answer anything as soon as you are asked some concrete questions,

Beforehand:
Do you already agree with the assertion that degrowth and the economic model are antagonistic?
Do you agree with the need to decarbonize or at least carbonate the atmosphere less?
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 09:59

humus wrote:Beforehand:
Do you already agree with the assertion that degrowth and the economic model are antagonistic?

it's bigger than that, I think that the degrowth is antagonistic with the desires of the population. All economic models are made to respond at least in part to the wishes of the population, so I think degrowth is antagonistic with all economic models

Do you agree with the need to decarbonize or at least carbonate the atmosphere less?

no I don't think it will be necessary to ask the question, in my opinion the available resources are not sufficient to make it worthwhile to restrict them even more.
0 x

humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 10:05

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:Beforehand:

it's bigger than that, I think that the degrowth is antagonistic with the desires of the population. All economic models are made to respond at least in part to the wishes of the population, so I think degrowth is antagonistic with all economic models

no I don't think it will be necessary to ask the question, in my opinion the available resources are not sufficient to make it worthwhile to restrict them even more.

Perfect, how would you be interested in solutions to what you feel is either not a problem (CO2) or an insurmountable problem (people's desire and economic model)?
You don't feel concerned.
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 10:23

humus wrote:Perfect, how would you be interested in solutions to what you feel is either not a problem (CO2) or an insurmountable problem (people's desire and economic model)?
You don't feel concerned.

It's not that I don't feel concerned, it's that I think the problem is badly posed, and that you always talk about "solutions", when in reality you don't have any. Thinking about that doesn't mean you don't care.
0 x

sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/07/21, 10:34

ABC2019 wrote:

The IPCC is based on a model of decoupling of the economy by renewable energies (MCKinsey report style already mentioned), let's say it's nice to believe it!
The Covid episode is quite symptomatic of what awaits us: the accordion effect: periods of economic breakdowns, then very strong recoveries, with commodity prices making the yoyo ... and central banks playing to the sorcerer's apprentices.

Degrowth is effectively antagonistic to the desires of economic agents* in growth periodThis is the principle of reinforcement. The conditions for this growth will be met less and less in the years to come, we should therefore see a reorientation, willingly and especially by force.

* It would be fallacious to assert that populations have "desires" for consumption, as if all this were part of our DNA.
If you give sugar to a rat it can quickly become addicted, however evolution has not produced rats to be satiated with sugar, there are simply substances (and the consumption society can be classified among those). ci) who are able to exploit the flaws in our behavior.
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.