ISO 14001 standard

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Clay
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

ISO 14001 standard

by Clay » 28/05/10, 01:47

Bonsoir.

I was wondering if there were any explicit constraints in the iso 14001 standard regarding:

-Carbon emissions "limit".
-Integration of renewable energies (need to produce energy from these sources in a certain fraction)

Goods.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 28/05/10, 07:42

the best way to answer these questions is to get the standard ...
I doubt that it is distributed free on the web
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 28/05/10, 09:39

On the other hand here is what is said on Wiki on the 14001;

Criticism of the approach:

While the standard is a tool for companies to set up a controlled system for monitoring environmental issues, it generates criticisms on certain points. It does not mention in any way an obligation of sustainable development. Equally important, if a company is ISO 14001 certified, this does not mean that it does not pollute or comply with environmental regulations, but only that it has done what it can to try to achieve the objectives that it has. she has set herself in her plan of action. The standard also demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement. In no case does the standard have a performance obligation. This point is not always very clear in the communication of some certified companies. In addition, the company is not obliged to report its results externally, contrary to the EMAS European standard.

It still seems like a gift for Greenwashing!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 28/05/10, 10:09

it does not mean that it does not pollute or respect environmental regulations

I do not agree with these remarks: the company is obliged to initiate actions so that the results of the analyzes concerning the pollutions are at least equal to or even lower than the values ​​admitted by the norms for the discharges of air, liquids treated or not,
if she is not obliged to provide mr "everyone" with her results, they are checked, recorded, declared to the right, ect
checks are carried out by the latter, unexpectedly, without notice and the standards are more and more restrictive; it is easy to say that the standards are not severe enough, but it is also necessary that the methods and processes to be implemented are realistic and effective, always taking into account the sums involved.
if we imposed the same constraints on individuals (noise, dumping of illegal products, etc.) than on businesses, we would reduce pollution by half because the individual is less respectful of the environment than some companies but subject to even constraints
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Clay
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Clay » 28/05/10, 23:17

phil12 wrote: It does not mention in any way an obligation of sustainable development.

Really : Shock:

phil12 wrote: The standard also demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement.

Continuous progress in its meaning if not sustainable development?

This is what I asked myself as a question once a company is certified iso 14001 has a duty to progress on an environmental plan for example?
phil12 wrote:In no case does the standard have a performance obligation

It's a little contradictory.

zorglub wrote:
the company is obliged to take action to ensure that the results of the analyzes concerning the pollution are at least equal to or less than the values ​​allowed by the standards for discharges of air, liquids, treated or not,

Do you have an order of magnitude concerning the ecological footprint?

Difficult to navigate!
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 29/05/10, 08:20

Do you have an order of magnitude concerning the ecological footprint?

?? clarification ! what do you call ecological footprint

the waste, effluent and gas treatments are in kg, tonnes, m3, when they are declared to the end and are specific to each company

difficult to navigate? : no when one deals with precise and definite subjects - yes when one speaks about everything and nothing, because in each case, its values, rules, modes of treatment different, well defined, regulated .....
0 x
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 29/05/10, 10:54

The ISO 14001 standard requires compliance with current environmental regulations. A failure during an audit inevitably results in a non-compliance that is often major. A company that does not implement corrective actions between two audits risks losing its certification.

The standard also requires the maintenance of complete documentation of the environmental legislation applicable to its activities.

I was wondering if there were any explicit constraints in the iso 14001 standard regarding:

-Carbon emissions "limit".

These constraints exist at the European level through directives transcribed in the legislation of each member state and therefore, a fortiori in each iso 14001 certified company.

-Integration of renewable energies (need to produce energy from these sources in a certain fraction)

Also at European level, directives impose in the law of each member state the use of BATNEEC (Best Available Technology Not Entailing Excessive Cost, in French, best available technology, at economically acceptable costs.)

In Belgium, it is at the level of environmental law governing operating licenses that these obligations are found, particularly in full, sectoral and specific operating conditions.

Just the fact that a company complies with the legislation in force guarantees a reduced environmental impact to what BATNEEC's can achieve.

It should also be known that European environmental legislation is strongly imbued with the concepts underlying environmental standards such as ISO 14001, which is also used as a reference in the EMAS Regulation.

The main differences between EMAS and iso 14001 lie in external communication and employee involvement.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/05/10, 11:16

phil12 wrote:
In no case does the standard have a performance obligation

In several companies that I have seen, it comes down to a lot of "greenwashing". What matters to them is to show a progression (even if it is ridiculous). Everything is related to the price of waste treatment. We have available a concentrate of any "dirt" (easy with surface treatments) but we have the right to a certain quantity in the discharges into the discharged water, so we do not treat or dilute ...

So we measure what we can dilute in the releases to be consistent. Each year we reject a little less and that's it, but especially that it costs as little as possible. : Cry: :frown: : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 29/05/10, 17:17

so we do not treat or dilute ...

impossible ...
because we have a right ax liters / m2 of treated surface (variable value according to the treatments)

counters are there to check as well as automatic picking, it was good there 20 years
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/05/10, 21:26

zorglub wrote:
so we do not treat or dilute ...

impossible ...
because we have a right ax liters / m2 of treated surface (variable value according to the treatments)

counters are there to check as well as automatic picking, it was good there 20 years

For one of these "shops", I will try to retrieve the current info and more live ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."