NegaWatt scenario, a sober and clean energy future

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Did67

by Did67 » 30/03/11, 18:12

Aumicron wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:Besides, it is perfectly possible to live better with less, it is "voluntary simplicity"

Of course. But it is difficult to convince people and this kind of remark inevitably generates the same comments from people trapped in Liberalism.

Yes, you have to preach a little. And who wants to be a "televangelist" !!!

But hey, I explain that putting LEDs that consume 2,7 W in the alley of my garden (I live a path along a forest without public lighting) instead of 25 W bulbs, it eclairs as much but consumes 8 times less.

Replacing my old old freezes over 40 years (if! If!) By an A ++ does not diminish its capacity (220 l) but divides its caapacity.

Forcing my kids to turn off when they come to the table (and go behind to check), it costs nothing, but saves a few watts ...

So we find examples. Well, that's not enough. It's just to start preaching.

I convinced two colleagues to switch to pellet / pellet boilers, like that, posting docs, my pellet for a year ... At least two who will not have a cap!

If we all sit down.

Respectfully.

We should move forward, right?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/05/11, 10:27

Addition of the "powerpoint presentation" version with curved zolies: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ojTfHB.pdf
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 10/05/11, 16:12

Did67 wrote:Forcing my kids to turn off when they come to the table (and go behind to check), it costs nothing, but saves a few watts ...

Keep it's not so old as reflex that's what my grandmother did and suddenly it's routine at home! : Mrgreen:
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/05/11, 17:45

renaud67 wrote:
Did67 wrote:Forcing my kids to turn off when they come to the table (and go behind to check), it costs nothing, but saves a few watts ...
Keep it's not so old as reflex that's what my grandmother did and suddenly it's routine at home! : Mrgreen:
We would have the same grandmother. : Lol:
Today we call stinginess what our elders called "common sense". :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/05/11, 18:01

It's not fake citro!

It's all the same crazy that our society stigmatizes "good" citizens ...

In a recent debate on Arte (this one: https://www.econologie.com/forums/arte-l-ene ... 10741.html ), one speaker (German) said thatit was necessary, to advance ecology at the level of the general public, not to make people feel guilty (method of the "greens" and of greenpeace since always ...) but ... "to make ecology" which is not more ecological !

He cited the good example, I think, of mink coats: ultra fashionable until the mid-80s (it was the "grand prix" of all wheels of fortune at the time) ... now to wear it is almost provocation !!

Examples: you build a new house without solar panels, you're nerdy! You do not isolate your old house, you're lame du slip! You ride in town in SUV, your grandmother is cycling in tongues! Etc., etc...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 11/05/11, 10:52

The problem is that EDF (and other energy suppliers) as a company is more or less subject to + 10% each year so you have to either increase the price or to consume more to the customer ...
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.

(Alessandro Marandotti)
Did67

by Did67 » 11/05/11, 11:03

Christophe wrote:
Examples: you build a new house without solar panels, you're nerdy! You do not isolate your old house, you're lame du slip! You ride in town in SUV, your grandmother is cycling in tongues!

The "problem" is that fashion is simple !!! It's purely emotional, nothing rational.

While you put your PV panels on your house, and hop, the debate fuse on econology: yes but the gray energies, the tax credit, the pollution during recycling, the this, the that ... I have a remember extremely dissuasive sons on it on econology!

You isolate with an expanded synthetic, and presto, the ayatollahs of the "natural" fall on you ... Results, in front of the confusion of forums, you rely on professionals like "sky blue" and you end up with a CAP while being convinced that you are "green"!

Etc., etc...

So we have to find the BB that comes to assemble ideas as simplistic as the party that is close in terms of construction, but with such an emotion that nobody asks questions!

It is not won !
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/05/11, 12:13

Christophe wrote:So we have to find the BB that comes to assemble ideas as simplistic as the party that is close in terms of construction, but with such an emotion that nobody asks questions!
It seems that Nicolas Hulot and JM Jancovici are not this "BB" ... :?
Not sexy enough maybe. :?: :P
Last edited by I Citro the 11 / 05 / 11, 16: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/05/11, 15:20

Do not fantasize, old man!

[Eva Joly either!]
0 x
Beautymist
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Beautymist » 24/05/11, 01:22

sen-no-sen wrote: You tend like many people to make an amalgam between decay and return to the Stone Age.
Besides, it is perfectly possible to live better with less, it is "voluntary simplicity".

If this sweet utopia were realized (allowing a drastic reduction of pollution, accidents, health problems etc ...) we would cause a significant decrease at the national level, without losing anything to our standard of living, and contrary, gaining health, money, love : Lol: (a well-muscled body goes better on the beach than a "fast food" profile).
This is proof that we can decrease (materially) and grow well, right?

Hello,

I find it very well to speak of voluntary simplicity, but often we just start the debate, without developing concrete examples.

what if we lived "without"? here are some of the "sans" that I use in my personal life:

without microwaves
without a car (but by bike)
without credit
without TV!
without ads (or as little as possible, my phone is on a red list, for example)
without mobile phone (well I ended up cracking, but it mainly serves me as a camera and extra computer)
without conventional bulbs
without traditional cosmetics derived from petrochemistry
etc ...

thank you for extending the list! : Cheesy:

BM
0 x
- Elegance begins with simplicity. Anonymous.