Remarkable re-greening of the planet

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Remarkable re-greening of the planet

by ABC2019 » 09/04/21, 18:45

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:... nothing says that the rate of disappearance will accelerate ...

It's true, everything is going so well that the curve will miraculously reverse ... just talk to ABC to realize that NOTHING is happening. On the contrary, the earth is turning green again, pollution is disappearing and biodiversity has never been so abundant. : roll:

that's not what I said, but alas it's not new ...

history.gif
history.gif (6.13 KiB) Viewed 1691 times

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinctio ... 27Holocène
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 09/04/21, 18:49

That's good, you're like Tryphon, ridicule won't kill you.
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 09/04/21, 19:01

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:That's good, you're like Tryphon, ridicule won't kill you.

The facts bother you, but it's nerd, they won't change for you, you have to get used to it, the forests in France have doubled since the 19th century.
Admirable, eh ?! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

It is the great interest of intensive agriculture, which the big dummies of the political ecologism that you defend, have never understood, and whose measures will be ecologically catastrophic if they take power. Even among anti-dream mayors, we are beginning to see their intellectual disability.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 09/04/21, 19:02

sen-no-sen wrote:...
We see that species will disappear due to anthropotechnical activity, that's not an opinion, it's an anticipated fact ...

On logic: "anticipated fact" is an expression that has no meaning. A fact is an observable reality. You can only anticipate events.
Basically: it does not bother humanity to live without dinosaurs. I recently learned that aepyornis went extinct centuries ago, and you know what? I took chocolate mousse for dessert.
Wanting to keep everything as if the earth were to be a frozen zoo is against nature. Ecosystems evolve, destroy, modify, reborn ... Of course, it is not a question of destroying everything, but neither of ceasing all human activity because the toads of Notre Dame des Landes would risk disappearing. At most, we have a duty to reduce nuisance when possible, and to preserve DNA, in order to bring back extinct animals when we have the technology ... :)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 09/04/21, 20:10

Exnihiloest wrote:On logic: "anticipated fact" is an expression that has no meaning. A fact is an observable reality. You can only anticipate events.

Sorry, I'm adapting to my audience as a "manipulator of the real". : Wink:
: Arrow:
Wanting to keep everything as if the earth were to be a frozen zoo is against nature

By definition, a zoo is a human construction, so this comparison makes no sense ... preserving ecosystems would therefore be unnatural in your opinion, so hold on! = Accusatory inversion.

Ecosystems evolve, destroy, modify, reborn ... Of course, it is not a question of destroying everything, but neither of ceasing all human activity because the toads of Notre Dame des Landes would risk disappearing.

No one here has talked about ceasing all human activity, as for our friends "the toads of NDDL", I just note that they were right, even if their way of doing things is questionable.
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/04/21, 17:02

sen-no-sen wrote:...
By definition, a zoo is a human construction, so this comparison makes no sense ... preserving ecosystems would therefore be unnatural in your opinion, so hold on! = Accusatory inversion.

I told you that ecosystems evolve. What is against nature is to prevent them by seeking to transform the earth into a frozen zoo (the earth is a zoo, in the sense of a closed park, even if man is of course not in his origin). "Preserving" ecosystems means wanting to freeze them from what we know about them today.

No one here has talked about ceasing all human activity, as for our friends "the toads of NDDL", I just note that they were right, even if their way of doing things is questionable.

Is that so ? We will still have the right to flint for the activity of lighting the fire? Do you not risk exhausting the earth's resources in this way? : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/04/21, 17:28

Exnihiloest wrote:I told you that ecosystems evolve. What is against nature is to prevent them ...

Ecosystems evolve .... Man tirelessly destroys them mechanically, chemically, by disrupting the climate, they no longer evolve as when we leave them alone, they try to survive climatic, chemical and mechanical attacks. It's crazy what you can throw around like crap while hiding behind untruths worthy of a simpleton (engineer). : roll:
2 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/04/21, 17:40

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:...
... they no longer evolve as when we leave them alone ...

Ecosystems have no right to this. They only have the rights granted to them by men, law having never been the slightest concern for nature but a human concept.
Nature is walk or die.
Only man has been able to moderate it.

It's crazy what you can throw around like crap while hiding behind untruths worthy of a simpleton (engineer).

It doesn't surprise me that a slanderous bittern defends the law of the jungle.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/04/21, 17:41

Exnihiloest wrote:Ecosystems have no right to this. They only have the rights granted to them by men, law having never been the slightest concern for nature but a human concept.

You really are a raving madman!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 10/04/21, 18:02

Exnihiloest wrote:I told you that ecosystems evolve. What is against nature is to prevent them by seeking to transform the earth into a frozen zoo (the earth is a zoo, in the sense of a closed park, even if man is of course not in his origin). "Preserving" ecosystems means wanting to freeze them from what we know about them today.

To put it simply (you will contradict me if necessary) you seem to consider that the artificialization of the biosphere, in technosphere*, is a logical consequence, (and desirable?) of the technical development. From this point of view, it would be for ecosystems to adapt, and not to the technological process underway?
Can you clarify this point?

*https://www.econologie.com/forums/sciences-et-technologies/la-technosphere-pese-desormais-30-billions-de-tonnes-t15057.html?hilit=technosph%C3%A8re%20p%C3%A8se
La technosphere is not necessarily synonymous with a planet covered with printed circuits. This can very well in a time necessary for the appearance of non-biological life form, appear in the form of large planned "green" spaces, resulting from the transformation produced by the anthropotechnical activity.
Last edited by sen-no-sen the 10 / 04 / 21, 18: 09, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."