Recover heat from a greenhouse

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Recover heat from a greenhouse

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 11:17

Let's get right to the point: it is 11h04 and our greenhouse is already at 52,7 ° C (sensor placed at 1,5 m height) it is full oriented EST

It is an 1 / 2 greenhouse acollée under basement (cellar), a little in this style (but without passage to the house):

Given the rise in T ° and the fact that our winery remains cold, I plan to try to recover the calories from the greenhouse, cold here are the possible solutions:

1) Use air conditioning to put the hot part inside and the cold part side greenhouse. In other words: cool the greenhouse : Cheesy:

-> Easy to set up but expensive (which we can find at 200 € now ... Long live China ...) and not possible because of the power consumption in operation.

2) Use a heat pipe, exactly on the same principle as the heat pipe used in some PCs.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caloduc

-> No power consumption but to my knowledge does not exist for the general public other than for PCs. Expensive and delicate materials (calo fluid is generally sodium) and rather complex study. Is 50-60 ° C hot side a temperature compatible with a heat pipe? If you have to evaporate water the answer is obviously no ...

3) Use a "simple" cirtuit heating with 2 radiator (one side greenhouse, 1 side cellar) if possible recovery and if possible in thermosyphon (to avoid the cost of electricity).

-> Quite important work and fairly heavy investment.

Would there be other possibilities in your opinion? And what do you think of these 3 possible solutions?

Last important thing: is the game worth the candle?

Indeed, it is in winter that the system will find all its usefulness, but is that the Greenhouse will heat enough in winter. In addition the Greenhouse is acollée at home, so there is already a portion of the watts that are transmitted to the interior.
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 07 / 07, 11: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 11:56

Pkoi do virtual when you can do real, here are the photos of the greenhouse in question:

You will notice that she already has a certain age : Cheesy: but it does not prevent it from heating up (a bit like old diesel)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/07/07, 12:16

if the greenhouse is not too far from the house, why not use an 110 tube with 150 mm (to be insulated of course), a rack fan and 2 thermostats?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 12:19

Uh yes it is not too far indeed since it is "glued" to the house see the photos. : Cheesy:

It is true that the idea of ​​a fan is the simplest but it should be filtered because it is quite dusty greenhouse ... That's why I wanted to go through a heat transfer ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 12:20

If the idea of ​​Elephant gave me maybe the best solution: what if I did everything in aeraulic?

With an air-air exchanger side greenhouse and taking the air from the cellar simply?

But before we start anything, we must see if it really goes into T ° in winter ... People from forum do they have any information about this?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/07/07, 12:34

Christopher said:
It is true that the idea of ​​a fan is the simplest but it should filter because it's not bad dusty greenhouse

Not necessarily: empty there thoroughly, go through the jet or the Karcher, if the ground is in the ground, put an old vinyl on the ground, redo the joints and put a filter.

The filter can consist of 3 mm of foam, of the kind of which one makes the cushions between 2 grids, or then of the filter of hood of kitchen

in fact I guess the basic wording of your question is more like "how to economically recover heat from a greenhouse"?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 12:39

Yes but no, I prefer that there is no physical contact between the air of the cellar and the greenhouse.

Because the goal is not to transform the greenhouse into veranda but to continue to use it as a greenhouse (plantation) ....
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 15/07/07, 15:48

Hello,

And why not a homemade heat pipe:
A closed copper tube has an extremity by welding.
The other extremity closed with a cap SEALED!
I fill you up at 2 / 3 with acetone (outside please for not taking full gu ** le) : Cheesy:
I warm you the tip welded to 60 ° C and hop I close the cap (tight tight what!)
If it is held vertically and the welded end is heated, the plug becomes burnt and the tube is held by hand .....
Try it worth its weight of mustard!

Obelix : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 17:38

Uh a little diagram with the main ratings would be welcome :)

How much acetone does it take to hope to transmit, say, 2 kW peak?

You hear what not "that we heat the welded end" in your penultimate sentence? Heat by hand?
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 15/07/07, 18:29

Hello.
It might be necessary to make a Canadian well to do what you want. One side opening in the greenhouse the other in the house.
It comes back to the idea of ​​elephant.
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."