Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/06, 00:30

saveplanet wrote:What do you think we could have more (or less) over the next few years to survive in our world?

Uh, can you repeat the question?

Answer boat: intelligence ... what seems to be what is used to adapt to an environment ... It must miss many people well placed now ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 14:05

rabbit des bois wrote:[...] [...] and that eventually the earth takes a pretty red hue : Cry: : Cry: (and what is the atmosphere of March ... 99% of co2 ...)

The atmosphere (but there is hardly any => 5 millibars) of Mars is composed of:
- CO2 95,3%
- nitrogen 2,7%
- argon 1,6%
- Oxygen 0,13%
- water vapor 0,03%

To have a good idea of ​​what the greenhouse effect may be, I think Venus is more appropriate ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 14:07

Christophe wrote:
saveplanet wrote:What do you think we could have more (or less) over the next few years to survive in our world?

Uh, can you repeat the question? [...]
If you talk about physical changes, the answer is: NOTHING!

Our evolution will be social, or will not be ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 30/11/06, 14:39

To answer Christophe's initial question, my opinion is that a total extinction of the human species is highly conceivable.

For reasons of global warming (but also of pollution), a certain number of pollenizing species are endangered.
However, the disappearance of these species will cause in cascade the disappearance of all the plants with sexual reproduction (like the cereals or the fruit trees) then of almost all the animal species which feed on them. When there are only mosses, ferns and mushrooms, I can not see the human species resist ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/06, 14:45

Woodcutter wrote:If you talk about physical changes, the answer is: NOTHING!

a) This is what I also seemed to understand .... how many millions of years does it take to physically "evolve"? Moreover, evolution is a great mystery ...

Note: because if we take for an unshakeable belief that the acquis can not be transmitted to his children (what everyone has to learn in the course of genetics) ... that means that Darwinian evolution is NOT possible... or there is "something else" ....

Be careful, I am not defending creationism, but it is just a "like that" note on school programs ...

b) Now ... be careful because with genetic modification we can "force" nature ... The madness of man could very well end with such modifications (especially if it is for the survival of the species) ...

Woodcutter wrote:Our evolution will be social, or will not be ...

+ 1 / 2 cf b)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 15:30

Christophe wrote:[...] how many millions of years are needed to physically "evolve"? Moreover, evolution is a great mystery ...
It depends :
- 1 of the mutagenic pressure of the environment
- 2 of the evolutionary gain brought by the mutations ...

Christophe wrote:Note: because if we take for an unshakeable belief that the acquis can not be transmitted to his children (what everyone has to learn in the course of genetics) ... that means that Darwinian evolution is NOT possible... or there is "something else" ....
I did not understand anything... : Shock:

Christophe wrote:b) Now ... be careful because with genetic modification we can "force" nature ... The madness of man could very well end with such modifications (especially if it is for the survival of the species) ... [...]
We are still very far from being able to modify the characteristics allowing an evolutionary gain in the human ... (besides the social acceptance of such a manipulation and the time of diffusion of the mutation in the species, which must take several thousands of generations if it is really interesting)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 15:43

Targol wrote:[...] When there are only mosses, ferns and mushrooms, I can not see the human species resist ...
Of course, though, but not at 6, 9 or 12 billion ...

In most of the regulatory mechanisms that we know, when a species increases in such a way that its ecosystem can no longer support it, the number of people breaks their mouths very brutally and then it starts again slowly ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 30/11/06, 17:49

Christophe wrote:Note: because it is taken as unshakable belief that the acquired can not be transmitted to his children (what everyone has to learn in the course of genetics) ...

Hello
That's what the teacher says but it's wrong, does a simple test: takes a fish in a pond catches him with a lure, puts him back in the water and now tries the year after to catch his descent with the same decoy !!!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 30/11/06, 18:14

Answer boat: intelligence ... what seems to be what is used to adapt to an environment ... It must miss many people well placed now ...

We can always dream, it is not forbidden yet ...
0 x
Together we can change the
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 30/11/06, 18:33

It seems that there are 800 millions of creve the slab.
If, because of the heat, desertification increases, there will be even less to eat.
The developing countries produce (coffee, chocolate ... etc) for the industrialized countries, in exchange they export them enough to eat.
Once these countries can not produce anymore, what will happen? they will migrate to the north? they will wait patiently for the end?
the 800 million will grow to several billion?
The rich of the industrialized countries will always be able to hide to continue to live as it was nothing.

There will remain only the rich, very rich, locked up in their overprotected villa of the "peasants-creve-la-dalle".
They will feed thanks to bribes, shenanigans, misappropriation, just as for the food sent to the third world, it does not go right away to the most needy.

It makes you want to write a book of SF : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."