No scientific consensus on climate change

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change

by sicetaitsimple » 05/03/21, 11:56

ABC2019 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:not knowing very well what you call "a lot of inhabitants" and "a certain regularity", I cannot answer you too much.

I was referring to the data from the number of inhabitants / degree of latitude map published by Enerc a little above. "A lot" because there is no scale so it was a purely visual appreciation, "certain regularity" because in the intertropical zone, and even slightly outside, the summer / winter effect is largely attenuated.

do you think of which country in the intertropical zone consuming a lot of energy per capita?

For example in South China, or Australia, knowing that as I wrote, the tropic is only a conventional limit and that by deviating from it a little, the "summer / winter" effect "remains acceptable. For example, the South of the USA.
And when it comes to PV, we are talking above all about electricity, not energy in the broad sense. It really started (in terms of annual installed capacity) about ten years ago, we have to leave a little time anyway ... Maybe the time to substitute for other forms of energies will come, but for now it's essentially substitution for other forms of power generation.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/03/21, 12:04

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
I was referring to the data from the number of inhabitants / degree of latitude map published by Enerc a little above. "A lot" because there is no scale so it was a purely visual appreciation, "certain regularity" because in the intertropical zone, and even slightly outside, the summer / winter effect is largely attenuated.

do you think of which country in the intertropical zone consuming a lot of energy per capita?

For example to South China, or Australia,

China does not consume a lot of energy per capita (around the world average), and Australia is not very populated.
You can obviously find some counter examples but the great majority of the "rich" populations live in temperate climates where the summer-winter effect is important (roughly, know the snow). That was the meaning of my remark.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/03/21, 12:17

ABC2019 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:do you think of which country in the intertropical zone consuming a lot of energy per capita?

For example to South China, or Australia,

China does not consume a lot of energy per capita (around the world average), and Australia is not very populated.

Yes, but China has a lot of people, and Australia consumes a lot per capita!
So I come back to my first post: "Le "ideal" solar is not the same dose for everyone, it depends on each country. "
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/03/21, 12:44

I did not dispute that;). I just pointed out that per capita consumption was also very different, and higher in mid to high latitude. So if you take the enerc graph again but instead of plotting the population as a function of latitude, you plot the energy consumption, by weighting the histogram by the consumption per capita, you will have a noticeably different picture.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/03/21, 13:25

ABC2019 wrote:I did not dispute that;). I just pointed out that per capita consumption was also very different, and higher in mid to high latitude. So if you take the enerc graph again but instead of plotting the population as a function of latitude, you plot the energy consumption, by weighting the histogram by the consumption per capita, you will have a noticeably different picture.

Yes Sir, we agree!
Just as I fully agreed when you wrote a few days ago that in Iceland (yet the biggest consumer of electricity per pipe head in the world), it would be ridiculous to install electricity. wind or solar.
The "optimal" dosage depends on the individual situation of each country, knowing that small streams (normally!) Make large rivers.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/03/21, 15:35

sicetaitsimple wrote:per head of pipe World)

: Mrgreen: This is an expression that takes on its full meaning “worldwide” Kiki (but you should stop porc-hub for a bit) pollution-prevention-health / the-world-after-a-change-in-our-behavior-is-essential-t16478-30.html # p434701
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 05/03/21, 21:04

but it is not true that it is starting to pollute the forum ?!?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/03/21, 13:32

wirbelwind262 wrote:but it is not true that it is starting to pollute the forum ?!?

Who?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/03/21, 13:52

Last edited by Obamot the 06 / 03 / 21, 13: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/03/21, 13:54

0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."