No scientific consensus on climate change

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change

by eclectron » 28/02/21, 20:16

ABC2019 wrote:I don't really see why ...

No big deal, we're used to it ...
1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 03/03/21, 18:55

ABC2019 wrote:...
I don't really see why ... in addition, the more we wait, the more techniques improve, for example wind turbines or solar panels are much more efficient now than 20 years ago (obviously that does not solve the problems of intermittent).

and we must also see in what proportion. When we go from an efficiency of 10% to 20% for solar panels, it seems enormous, but it is 20% of not much: 100%, it is 1 KW / m² in full sun one afternoon. 'summer, so not even 100W on average over a year, being very very generous, or 20W given the yield, it's still poor. Even if you count on 100%, it is still lousy, except to cover huge areas with panels, in deserts for example ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 03/03/21, 18:59

eclectron wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:on what criteria?

Seek.

i do it for him : Mrgreen:
Yet a nozzle has a piercing eye ... : roll:
And I can predict his response from disinformation and liberal denial.

Insults and lawsuits. And on the merits: nothing. Nothingness.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 03/03/21, 19:47

Exnihiloest wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:...
I don't really see why ... in addition, the more we wait, the more techniques improve, for example wind turbines or solar panels are much more efficient now than 20 years ago (obviously that does not solve the problems of intermittent).

and we must also see in what proportion. When we go from an efficiency of 10% to 20% for solar panels, it seems enormous, but it is 20% of not much: 100%, it is 1 KW / m² in full sun one afternoon. 'summer, so not even 100W on average over a year, being very very generous, or 20W given the yield, it's still poor. Even if you count on 100%, it is still lousy, except to cover huge areas with panels, in deserts for example ...

To produce 400 TWh in France, 2300 km2 of solar panels are needed, i.e. in the 5000 km2 needed for shading issues.
There is 9,3% of artificial surface area in France, or roughly 50 km000.
It is therefore necessary to cover 10% of artificialized surfaces.

One m² of solar panels produces € 31 per year at the residential rate and the panel alone costs € 50-60 per m². It remains true that its annual average power is 20W / m².

In northern Europe, solar produces very little in winter and we have the impression that this is a major handicap.
But if we look at the global population distribution, we see that the strong winter / summer effect actually concerns a small percentage of the world's population.

0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 03/03/21, 19:50

ENERC wrote:But if we look at the global population distribution, we see that the strong winter / summer effect actually concerns a small percentage of the world's population.

lack of luck, it is the one that consumes the most energy.

In addition, where summer and winter are not very marked (the intertropical zone), there is always around 12 hours of night per day.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/03/21, 18:58

ENERC wrote:...
To produce 400 TWh in France, 2300 km2 of solar panels are needed, i.e. in the 5000 km2 needed for shading issues.
There is 9,3% of artificial surface area in France, or roughly 50 km000.
It is therefore necessary to cover 10% of artificialized surfaces.

The kind of project that does not take into account realities, such as the need to keep all conventional power stations since it is also necessary to provide power at night or during periods of cloud cover ... it would therefore be a mess.

One m² of solar panels produces € 31 per year at the residential rate and the panel alone costs € 50-60 per m². It remains true that its annual average power is 20W / m².

20W, I had done the math with a ladle, not too messy, finally.
I would be ready to take the plunge if I acquired autonomy with solar energy (termination of the EDF subscription). I have already studied the trick. Huge batteries to install, the roof would not be enough for the panels, my home would look more like an industrial site ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/21, 23:27

ABC2019 wrote:
ENERC wrote:But if we look at the global population distribution, we see that the strong winter / summer effect actually concerns a small percentage of the world's population.

It's completely silly what you're saying. There are still many consumers in a rather solar-favored band, whether in terms of annual global sunshine and a certain "regularity" of the hours of sunshine during the year.
The "ideal" sunscreen is not the same dose for everyone, it depends on each country.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 04/03/21, 23:37

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

It's completely silly what you're saying. There are still many consumers in a rather solar-favored band, whether in terms of annual global sunshine and a certain "regularity" of the hours of sunshine during the year.
The "ideal" sunscreen is not the same dose for everyone, it depends on each country.

not knowing very well what you call "a lot of inhabitants" and "a certain regularity", I cannot answer you too much. I'm just saying that the inhabitants living in temperate zones with a strong winter / summer effect are globally those who consume the most energy per capita: United States, Europe, Japan, a good part of China.

Namely that in the intertropical zone, there is rather a dry season and a rainy season, and that it is not terrible either for solar, the rainy season.

Anyway, no country has an electricity base with solar, and none will probably ever have one.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/03/21, 10:34

ABC2019 wrote:not knowing very well what you call "a lot of inhabitants" and "a certain regularity", I cannot answer you too much.

I was referring to the data from the number of inhabitants / degree of latitude map published by Enerc a little above. "A lot" because there is no scale so it was a purely visual appreciation, "certain regularity" because in the intertropical zone, and even slightly outside, the summer / winter effect is largely attenuated.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/03/21, 10:56

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:not knowing very well what you call "a lot of inhabitants" and "a certain regularity", I cannot answer you too much.

I was referring to the data from the number of inhabitants / degree of latitude map published by Enerc a little above. "A lot" because there is no scale so it was a purely visual appreciation, "certain regularity" because in the intertropical zone, and even slightly outside, the summer / winter effect is largely attenuated.

do you think of which country in the intertropical zone consuming a lot of energy per capita?

0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."