New IPCC report: we left for 1000 years!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 07/12/09, 16:43

Oh yes also let's not forget that the melting of the caps is also linked (if I'm not mistaken) to the displacement of the poles, and suddenly, to the change of magnetic "protection" ...
So anthropogenic warming has a good back.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/09, 16:49

Ah it'll be so good to know it's not our "fault" ... is it?

However :
a) It is not only CO2 as GES
b) the CO2, if it can not be the 1er TRIGGER of the current warming IS IN ALL CASES A FACTOR AGRAVANT!

And so DIRECT responsibility for human activities and fossil fuels is clear and clear!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/12/09, 18:14

In any case, whether climate change is anthropogenic or natural, whether the trend is towards warming or cooling, does not change the measures that must be taken!
We talk a lot (too much?) Of C02, but let us not forget that the combustion of fossil fuel leads to the release of many other much more harmful gases (nearly 1,3 million deaths per year according to the WHO !!!).
0 x
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 08/12/09, 00:13

Christophe wrote:Ah it'll be so good to know it's not our "fault" ... is it?

However :
a) It is not only CO2 as GES
b) the CO2, if it can not be the 1er TRIGGER of the current warming IS IN ALL CASES A FACTOR AGRAVANT!

And so DIRECT responsibility for human activities and fossil fuels is clear and clear!

OK, if you say so !
what do you think of this stp argument?
http://www.agoravox.fr/actualites/environnement/article/les-grands-mythes-du-rechauffement-66127
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 08/12/09, 01:00

I read a summary of the IPCC report, then a conference video given in Strasbourg by Vincent Courtillot, it is probably the same as that of Nantes, except the 4th part:

http://www.objectifliberte.fr/2009/09/r ... -giec.html

I have also found rather harsh criticisms of the IPCC report:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb1q8w ... limat_news

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bymx ... atiqu_news

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21zot ... c_politics

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21zmb ... c_politics

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21zjs ... c_politics

Difficult to get a real idea of ​​the problem, but in any case we live on a finite stock of raw materials, there is no other solution than to save so that future generations can have a little and, according to Courtillot
the main challenges of humanity for which we are not ready, are: waste management, water and hunger
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/09, 02:12

What argument? Because there are several ... and it's super confusing ...

Have you ever done a "greenhouse effect" simulation in a mini greenhouse by increasing the concentration of CO2 and with an infrared lamp? You should ... and the author of the article too!

I like these 2 comments:

Friends saucers hello!

And that's chicken:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9cha ... climatique

Consume, consume, resources are endless ... hahahaha

Dangerously absurd.

Since some people criticize us for not analyzing the content of Mr. Benard's text, let us appreciate together the sophist method, well-established in the lobbying manuals.

He begins to assert bluntly "the Copenhagen conference is for our media the opportunity to serve us an unprecedented alarmist climate propaganda campaign" and "one of the most extraordinary untruths of" neo-science "resulting from cogitations of the brotherhood of global warming ”. He therefore starts from the premise that this is all hogwash.

Without any constructed argument, he then discredits the adversary: ​​those who believe in this nonsense are only "" militant alarmists "or simply people of good faith conditioned by the ambient propaganda", that is to say liars. or morons.

He goes on to say that CO2 is not very toxic to humans - which everyone knows - that it is beneficial for marine life - which is not the problem - and for flora - it's obvious - and that Allègre is "nevertheless cautious in (his) assertions". Already, we tick a little, there.

He then quotes a lady, "Joanne Nova, an Australian science journalist" - we had to look far - to believe without arguing, which says that scientists cheat. Is that so. Finally, in case we are still not convinced, he says without laughing that "it is not obvious that a temperature a bit higher is evil for the planet". Move along.

And he concludes magnificently by saying, "Is it not a clever means found by those who do not like Western societies, to undermine them?"

He shows nothing, except his bad faith and his lack of arguments: starting from a postulate, which he does not refute, he only tries to explain the motivations, of course immoral and destructive, his opponents , who are only bastards or fools.

And of course the last sentence, in its utilitarian naïveté, reveals the why of all this: not to regulate or impose more companies, which is the reason for being think tanks (read lobbies) of Mr. Benard.

This is only a propaganda leaflet. Let us be the detractors of the tract.

We are still waiting for a response from Agoravox management.

http://philippereneve.blogspot.com (because it annoys him)

ps: the CO2 is anything but a pollutant, wrong, it can be deadly, everything depends on the concentration ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/12/09, 07:56

Any excess chemical compound is deadly. Oxygen for example.
Your debates are starting to run.
For centuries humanity has been trying to transform its environment to adapt to its needs. Polders have been created, razed forests, irrigated drylands, dams ...
Today we must make an effort to maintain a land adapted to human life and that playing among other things on the CO2 and the use of renewable energy.
If the CO2 was only a variable of a climate change, assuming that it is not the main one, it remains for us a lever of action.
So humanity would be foolish not to act on it, since it is possible to maintain as much as possible a planet remaining adapted to our daily life.
In any case, there is no need to be afraid, since humanity is too weak, computer companies make all elements smarter, including the planet.
And when the planet is smart, it will hasten to eliminate humanity ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/12/09, 10:04

All this is just a matter of common sense :

What is collected must be "renewed" or recycled, it could be the leitmotif of the association elsewhere

Otherwise we risk the shortage, regardless of the risks of changing our environment.

A planet is a complete eco system, any "imbalance" of one of the components of this system necessarily influences the rest of the components on a variable but inevitable time scale.

We must also integrate meteorite falls and solar activity (the most influential factor on our climate: 1600 10exp15 KW.h / an !!)

Dixit P. Malochet (my Avatar :D )
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 08/12/09, 10:12

Notice to the warmers:
Oue ho guys, do not mix everything either ...

Exactly, the CO2, for me until proven otherwise (several articles I read) is not a pollutant. It is a natural compound naturally present in nature (is it the double-pleonasm?).
Too high a dose, like anything else, it's fatal. Even water is fatal for humans if they drink too much (> 5L). And after ???
To bring back this kind of argument, it's really necessary to take everything back to base, and I admit, a little too tedious for me if you have to explain this kind of stuff.

Nor did I say that we had to wash our hands of pollution. Do not tell me what I did not say.

I'm just saying, and for the moment, your (non-existent) arguments don't make me change my mind: CO2 is a great scam to impose a tax on us "I release CO2 when I breathe".

And it's mostly a nice way to:
* do not ask yourself the real ecological questions
* to make a beautiful speculative and ultra lucrative market
* put in place control policies, population monitoring
* not to touch the real polluters

You have not answered my arguments, nor even asked a question about the real problems that I claim to denounce without naming them.
You just take a line that you did not like and completely ignore the rest of the message. In doing so you are satisfied with the red cloth that is agitated to divert attention.
So I wonder about your intentions when you answer me that way. You are journalists ??? laugh out loud
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/12/09, 10:21

And speaking of common sense, look at our house:

It is not difficult to understand that the balance is fragile
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^