Limiting Global: How CO2?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Limit the warming: how many CO2?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/10/21, 20:40

ABC2019 wrote:I do not answer this kind of question because they are completely subjective ....

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! : roll:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 21/10/21, 00:36

ABC2019 wrote:I don't answer these kinds of questions because they are completely subjective, so someone else's answer is irrelevant to you.

The value is figuring out which type of character responds to me.
does not answer me in this case while the answer was free, despite the initial framing on my part.
So I see a and something beautiful talkative, defeatist, happy and proud of it, a brake on any development.
Sorry to say, I see a harmful, a useless one.
You are not trying to resolve anything, you take pleasure in the fact, which is moreover biased.
I don't see the point of continuing with a closed person.

ABC2019 wrote:contrary to what you seem to think, renewable energies are only possible with heavy industry, which is just as "extractive" as fossils.

https://actu.fr/normandie/le-havre_7635 ... 78627.html

And is it serious to use fossils to achieve and set up renewable energies?
Does your religion forbid it?
When fossils are reserved for this use, we remain sober.
2 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 21/10/21, 00:43

ABC2019 wrote:
ah no you do what you want, I just find it weird to have the internet when you advocate a world with only renewables, that's all!

subjective...

ABC2019 wrote:it is not a question of "law", it is a question of what is feasible and what is not. Effectively without fossils, it's pretty much the only solution you have left ....

You know absolutely nothing about it except your preconceived defeatist opinion.
Otherwise demonstrate it.

ABC2019 wrote:you don't understand my point, it's not a question of imposing it, it's just a question of what is doable or not. The internet doesn't grow in the fields, that's all.

neither the sun nor the wind nor the hydraulics and yet there are renewable sources which produce electricity ....

It is not that I refuse the "contradiction" but the level of your argumentation is close to zero (all or nothing mode, without nuance, caricatural therefore unrealistic), consequently I am wasting my time, I am bored see you.
In addition, you show that you are closed on your certainties, you are not an interesting interlocutor.
I wasn't expecting much but I'm still disappointed.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

RC

by ABC2019 » 21/10/21, 07:51

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
ah no you do what you want, I just find it weird to have the internet when you advocate a world with only renewables, that's all!

subjective...

no it's not subjective, you use a network that produces more CO2 than civil aviation, that's objective .. so if you don't consider that you should do without it, what do you think? should happen?

ABC2019 wrote:it is not a question of "law", it is a question of what is feasible and what is not. Effectively without fossils, it's pretty much the only solution you have left ....

You know absolutely nothing about it except your preconceived defeatist opinion.

there are just 200 years of humanity that show it, but "we know absolutely nothing" : Mrgreen: . And you do you have what demonstration of the fact that the RC would not be manageable by humanity? what is your "proof"?

but whatever you think, you still agree that your solution is only viable if we know how to maintain an industry without fossils, and if this condition is not met, it breaks the figure, we are d 'OK ?

ABC2019 wrote:you don't understand my point, it's not a question of imposing it, it's just a question of what is doable or not. The internet doesn't grow in the fields, that's all.

neither the sun nor the wind nor the hydraulics and yet there are renewable sources which produce electricity ....

they produce electricity as long as they make things with concrete, steel, copper, transport, insulators, lubricants, rare earths ... all these things that are made with fossils.

Without them, they are just farming.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: RC

by humus » 21/10/21, 08:42

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

subjective...

no it's not subjective, you use a network that produces more CO2 than civil aviation, that's objective .. so if you don't consider that you should do without it, what do you think? should happen?

there are just 200 years of humanity that show it, but "we know absolutely nothing" : Mrgreen: . And you do you have what demonstration of the fact that the RC would not be manageable by humanity? what is your "proof"?

but whatever you think, you still agree that your solution is only viable if we know how to maintain an industry without fossils, and if this condition is not met, it breaks the figure, we are d 'OK ?

they produce electricity as long as they make things with concrete, steel, copper, transport, insulators, lubricants, rare earths ... all these things that are made with fossils.

Without them, they are just farming.

You say things that are generally true BUT don't hold to never take into account what I have said before which would modulate your decided position.
Your speech is a perpetual backtracking, so STOP, not really want to participate in Graham Circus, you go back to effective "ignored".
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: RC

by ABC2019 » 21/10/21, 08:50

this one is good ... I note the contradictions in your speech, you admit that I am generally right ... and suddenly you ignore me!

skillful !!!

I would still like you to make the effort to answer just this question:

0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 21/10/21, 09:18

Ahmed wrote:
In his time (he was very innovative), Ivan Illitch the problem of technology had arisen and he strove to distinguish those he called "friendly" (soft technologies, in the sense of appropriate) and others. It was a nice step, but perhaps difficult to apply ... René Barjavel, in a different genre which is that of the novel, had also rubbed shoulders with this important aspect and had tried to work out a compromise between cutting-edge technos, but of very limited uses and usual technos, of less ecosystem impact
I can hear your arguments, but whether it's fab lab, more robotic units or craft, all this currently calls for a terribly complex logistics chain (human, material) and the fact that the finality tilts towards the sole satisfaction of needs does not fundamentally change the means implemented. I don't believe in the neutrality of technology; I rather see it as a whole which has positive (very publicized) and very negative (it goes under the radars, or it is presented as improving ...) aspects, which necessarily coexist, like the tails side and the tails side of a coin.

There must be a way out for technology, other than catastrophic or other than alienating, and that is what it would be interesting to highlight.
Before answering I am addressing:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Illich
et
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apr%C3%A8 ... eloppement

It is funny to see the difference in treatment of Ivan Illich between wiki.en and wiki.fr.
Usually the English version (with which I started) is the most provided and there it is the opposite. A model of thought to protect? : Wink:

External imperatives require me to postpone this learning and the response, but it is much more interesting than the poison clown. if an s is missing, it is not an oversight. : Wink:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 21/10/21, 10:11

humus wrote:
There must be a way out for technology, other than catastrophic or other than alienating, and that is what it would be interesting to highlight.

it all depends on what you call technology. Agricultural civilizations were not devoid of technique, if you have the opportunity, go see large preserved mills like that of Delfshaven in Rotterdam, it's impressive:

but afterwards, you can take a tour of the port to realize the enormity that separates this technique from the modern industrial world, in terms of the volumes of energy and of the goods transported.

https://www.cyberhistoiregeo.fr/?Visite ... -rotterdam

And it is this enormity that allows us all, humus like the others, to have a life that is not too tiring, to have hospitals that treat us (even if we complain about it), to be able to study up to 25 years old without working in the fields, and typing on a computer all day long and in the warmth all the bad things one thinks of industrial society ...
0 x

humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 21/10/21, 12:21

No relation with the engaged sub-subject but it's nice, it's a gift. : roll:
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/meteo/clima ... 13401.html

Climate change: Total had been alerted for 50 years
These French companies would also have denied the impact of human activities on the climate, until the beginning of the 2000s,
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 21/10/21, 12:26

humus wrote:No relation with the engaged sub-subject but it's nice, it's a gift. : roll:
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/meteo/clima ... 13401.html

Climate change: Total had been alerted for 50 years
These French companies would also have denied the impact of human activities on the climate, until the beginning of the 2000s,

There was an interview with Philippe Chalmin on France Inter who said that this accusation was quite ridiculous because before the 2000s, nobody worried about RC as a major problem, the big concerns of the 70s were the shortage of oil (cf. Mad Max for example), and therefore the oil companies were doing what the company implored them to do, to find it elsewhere than in Arabia! (hence the North Sea, Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, etc.)

and now we say it's their fault that they accepted : roll:

oh yes, and then, no longer need to look for oil, on the other hand, when the prices at the pump go up, it's a real scandal, and we all go down to the street with colored vests to break everything !!!
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."