The global dimming ... did you know?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/06, 14:24

Global Dimming (Global Dimming) describes the gradual reduction, since the beginning of the 1950s, of the light intensity of daylight reaching the earth's surface.

This effect was highlighted, among others by Gerry Stanhill, an English researcher based in Israel, who compared the intensity of solar radiation from the 1950 years to the 1980 years. Global dimming creates a cooling effect that may have led scientists to underestimate the greenhouse effect on global warming.

From 1950 to 1985, solar radiation on the earth's surface decreased from 8% to 30%. These decreases are subject to regional fluctuations. Thus, the largest obscurations of 30% were measured in Russia. On African and American continents, decreases in sunshine of 15% have been measured. The lowest obscurations were measured in Northern Europe and Australia.

The following : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obscurcissement_global
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 18/08/06, 15:57

MAtrix has also gone through here.

Men have chosen to obscure the atmosphere to counter the machines and their battery ...

MMH as I understand it, we are caught between two fires.
It's a bit schizo all that.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/06, 16:11

freddau wrote:MAtrix has also gone through here.
(...) It's a little schizo all that.

matrix? schizo?
What neni! Did you read the article? I quote :

Causes and effects

It is now thought that this effect comes from a higher concentration of aerosols in the atmosphere. These develop in the combustion of organic matter such as wood, coal, oil or gas. In the clouds, water droplets condense around these particles, and the increase in aerosols results in more droplets of smaller sizes. Thus clouds take longer to condense into precipitation and, becoming more opaque, reflect more light to space. Less solar radiation means a cooling of the atmosphere, less condensation on earth and therefore less rain. Thus, it is thought that global obscuration could be the cause of droughts in Africa during the 80 years, which until now have been unexplained.

But since there was a global warming of 0,6 ° C in the 20th century, global warming has thus slowed down the cooling effects of global darkening. This would mean that the warming due to greenhouse gases would be much greater than expected without the phenomenon of obscuration. The climate models of recent years would be based on a dubious assumption that the climate is relatively robust against the greenhouse effect. Forecasts on global warming may need to be revised upwards to 8 or 10 ° C for 2100 if the pollution that causes darkening is effectively combated. Efforts to reduce atmospheric pollution since the 80 years and therefore the decrease in obscuration recorded in Europe have already resulted in the warming of recent years.

The power of the obfuscation effect due to the only planes could be measured during the prohibition of flight after the attacks of 11 September 2001: during three days, the difference of temperature between the day and the night had increased of 1 ° C, reaching a level never seen since 30 years.
Last edited by Christophe the 25 / 09 / 07, 16: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 18/08/06, 16:14

Soon more light what!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 18/08/06, 22:58

I knew, it's cold in the back, and moreover we would be in the cooling cycle of the planet (we would go again in a glacial area)
despite that, the planet is warming up! there we see that no one can predict the future climate 8)
the man thinks to control, then the man sees that he is mistaken and goes to his loss, the forecasts are made, but no one can foresee the future of our climate. Let's stop to polish: there will be no more the shield of am protecting us from the rays of the sun :?: :?: :!:
it is endless, anyway, our children are badly barred!

the American spacial conquette top secret is very advanced, according to jpp, is already planned to find a planette home : Evil: : Cry:

our beautiful land : Cry:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 19/08/06, 20:35

awesome ah. by exploding some volcanoes we would have plenty of dust at high altitude, and end of global warming : Lol: hahaha dzoing tagada hips
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 19/08/06, 21:08

Philippe Schutt wrote:awesome ah. by exploding some volcanoes we would have plenty of dust at high altitude, and end of global warming : Lol: hahaha dzoing tagada hips

There are beefy wines from Alsace !!!!!! :D
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/08/06, 20:16

oh, there will be a little clever with the power to do it to think about it ... : Evil:
We will explain that this is a great idea : Idea: , that it will free the tensions of the earth's crust, that it will make the volcano less dangerous, that it will also avoid us to store the CO2
Clearly, that there are only advantages, that it would be stupid not to do it, that it will be the advent of a new golden age. 8)

shake the buttocks, I tell you!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/08/06, 21:16

the global obstruction: let's not just talk about the press, which took the bad habit of being fooled and manipulated, for better us ...

indeed, it's been a few years that I have the impression that the blue sky is not so blue as when I was a kid, I perceived it especially when I looked at the shadows on the ground. I'm pretty happy to see that, apparently, it's not just a subjective and personal impression
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/07, 16:32

0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."