Crazy idea against CO2?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 24/02/07, 17:07

If we see smoke in the picture, it's because it was taken shortly after lighting.
The initial idea was to save fuel, because I noticed that many fireplaces were heated by radiation, but many especially did not keep the heat produced in the house: economy. So I made a crobard with a house, the hearth and the fumes going back into the house.
I am well aware that they must be evacuated to the outside eventually.
Regarding the draw in this kind of machine, it is sufficient to have fuel and oxygen for the combustion to take place. After a while, the smoke turns into a powerful jet of heat, we risk burning our fingers on the casing (Poujoulat sells).
Otherwise, carbon dioxide is the food of plants ...
A chimney, its construction, is governed by the unified technical documents: these say that a chimney must be vertical.
To consider the photo, we can see that it is not a fireplace: it can perhaps be likened to a heater, where the rules are much more flexible (rear outlet of a stove).
We are at the beginning of this idea; I do not have all the answers, I did not edit the photo and I do not run after the price of Mr. Virgin.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 24/02/07, 17:13

The smoke, it must evacuate very quickly, because it is very toxic! Any combustion releases CO ...
0 x
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 24/02/07, 19:27

It is necessary to evacuate the fumes ... or to sequester them, as scientists recommend it (but with pumps).
In this case, the fumes arrive alone!

I know that this find does not solve everything.
Our human practices are that oil is burned all the time and that all forests are cut down.
This crazy idea awaits on the one hand that those who believe it as crippled or confirm this quackery and on the other hand it tries to highlight the scientific breakthroughs.
Another craziness that is not mine:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/345290/building_the_amazing_steam_candle/
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/02/07, 22:14

it is preferable to keep the flue in depression in all points, for safety, and relatively straight for sweeping.
Yours is in overpressure, it's rather dangerous.

in the heating system the smoke circuit can go down over a short sector, it is common and safety is there since the chimney follows and keeps the whole in depression.
0 x
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 25/02/07, 03:05

Hello!
Who, we, you talked a little around you.
Where is the overpressure? The fire is free: it burns and passes into the canal without any special organ or reduction. It is a normal pressure for a fire.
On the other hand, I recognize that for the sweeping, it must not be the same; it must be a special equipment, but no need to climb on the roof (gain in safety).
On boats, they do not bother with such considerations, and fuel-fired heaters have squarely horizontal flues.
Thank you for the photos of stoves, but the home is not everything, there is still heat to recover!
Everything is dangerous when you play with fire!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 25/02/07, 09:05

it is preferable to keep the flue in depression in all points, for safety, and relatively straight for sweeping.

What I do not understand: every year, as soon as the cold weather arrives there are deaths in the apartments by carbon monoxide poisoning (CO), due to defective drafting of wood or charcoal stoves (there have been several more this year: parents and children).

Instructions are also given in the media to verify that facilities of this type are in good working order.

How to use such a machine with the risk that the evacuation of fumes is hurt and ............ following we know it.

Find us scientific texts that confirm that your system works without risks. I remember a "continuous fire" stove when I was a kid; the draft of the stove was almost completely cut off when the hearth was very hot and the wood was consumed slowly, but it was only a reduced draft.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 25/02/07, 09:40

André ...
you're talking about "vertical" wood heating ...
I (very little) experimented a small hearth house, built in a shell of +/- 25 of diameter, to burn there biois vertically ....
the family circumstances of the time did not allow me to persevere ....
do you remove anything from this type of household ???
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/02/07, 10:32

jaf wrote:Hello!
Who, we, you talked a little around you.

We installers of stoves and fireplaces. The constraints of the DTU are there to try to reach this result for sure.
jaf wrote:Where is the overpressure? The fire is free: it burns and passes into the canal without any special organ or reduction. It is a normal pressure for a fire.

to go down again, the smoke is pushed. there is pressure instead of depression
jaf wrote:Thank you for the photos of stoves, but the home is not everything, there is still heat to recover!
Everything is dangerous when you play with fire!
oops, this is my signature : Mrgreen:
but since you talk about it, in these stoves the smoke is redescent too, but then there is an extractor. The few calories that remain in the fumes can be recovered with Poujoulat Dualis PGI tubes, but only to preheat the combustion air, safety requires. As you say, fire is dangerous, and safety is the concern # 1, BEFORE saving money.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/02/07, 10:49

For Jean63

Yes some old continuous fires were rather dangerous, because the setting was done with the key of draw, at the exit of the fumes. So the stove was not in depression. These stoves have been banned, but there are still some.
Today, VMC often prevents the draw from being done properly.
Your parents knew how to use their stove, they put it in slow motion only when the stove and the fireplace were hot, otherwise you would not be there to talk about it. it's still a know-how that has been a little lost ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 25/02/07, 23:40

Yes some old continuous fires were rather dangerous, because the setting was done with the key of draw, at the exit of the fumes. So the stove was not in depression. These stoves have been banned, but there are still some.

........... I would be a survivor !!! : Shock:

but not thanks to my parents who knew (the elders knew a lot of things although not internet !!, because they spoke to each other as there was no TV to watch. : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."