Global warming: natural variability vs anthropogenic influence?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Global warming: natural variability vs anthropogenic influence?

by GuyGadebois » 26/02/20, 16:24

(This guy is crazy ... : Shock: )
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/02/20, 21:35

ABC2019 wrote:if you need a translation for "Current science cannot tell us of the sign of the change in future droughts", don't hesitate to ask : Lol:
Another sword stroke in the water. You are both, even with exn ...
He told Guardian Australia: “I spoke badly - I missed a word in my statement and it's my fault. I should have said no "direct" link.

“I am confident in the statement that there is no direct link between climate change and drought. I am also certain that for some regions there is an indirect effect of human-induced climate change on drought due to the change in rainfall patterns. "

He added that the increase in temperatures caused by human activity would also worsen the effects of the drought.

He said: "Global warming means that in the event of a drought the system is more stressed than it would otherwise be."

He said, for example, that farmers should provide more water to livestock at higher temperatures.

Pitman said he turned down invitations to be interviewed on Sky because he believed he would be unable to convey nuance about their programming "so that their listeners would not be misled." https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... on-drought
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 26/02/20, 21:44

Bravo Izy for this masterful DSC!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/02/20, 06:08

izentrop wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:if you need a translation for "Current science cannot tell us of the sign of the change in future droughts", don't hesitate to ask : Lol:
Another sword stroke in the water. You are both, even with exn ...
He told Guardian Australia: “I spoke badly - I missed a word in my statement and it's my fault. I should have said no "direct" link.

I was waiting for the answer, it's the same one I got on FS !!
it made climate skeptics laugh this answer, it makes no sense, apart from proving that a scientist who wants to keep his place must have a politically correct speech or he gets slapped on the fingers. What is the difference between "a direct link" and "an indirect link"? when we say "no link", that means no correlation, there is no notion of "direct or indirect correlation", the distinction has no meaning, its justification does not mean anything at all, it has just was wrong to be frank and honest once and he got slapped on the fingers.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 27/02/20, 10:26

GuyGadebois wrote:(This guy is crazy ... : Shock: )

Unconscious would be closer to factual reality ...

I repeat: Australia is already in tipping, the extent and especially the frequency of fires is too great to ensure regeneration towards new forests of large trees for certain places (which will continue to expand with warming caused by our activities). Instead, it is vegetation closer to the savannah that will settle permanently (probably for millennia). Vegetation capable of burning more often while regenerating (vegetation a few meters high).

In France, for the moment it is especially the Mediterranean area and the middle mountains which is the most affected by the warming (see on the site of Meteofrance there is an interactive software to see the changes for 70 years, and those envisaged for the current century with the main scenarios and their margin of error)

A priori, for me quite few changes for the century, except in summer (much warmer, it is already the case). Except in case of scenario at + 3-5 ° C

but in the world a lot of ecological systems are very sensitive to the slightest degree of more ...
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/02/20, 10:51

Paul72 wrote:

Unconscious would be closer to factual reality ...

I repeat: Australia is already in tipping, the extent and especially the frequency of fires is too great to ensure regeneration towards new forests of large trees for certain places (which will continue to expand with warming caused by our activities). Instead, it is vegetation closer to the savannah that will settle permanently (probably for millennia). Vegetation capable of burning more often while regenerating (vegetation a few meters high).

you repeat, but where do you come from?
In addition Australia is a continent, with all the landscapes from the desert to the forests, and once again it is tens of thousands of years since its landscape was shaped by the action of man, it has nothing new what you advertise.

Globally, human activities are increasing plant cover, in particular thanks to reforestation actions in China or India - and despite CR, which is not at all the dominant factor in the evolution of vegetation. Again, it's really a laziness to put all the developments in the sole account of RC, when they depend on a whole lot of things, and in particular human management.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/human ... tudy-shows
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 27/02/20, 12:35

Paul72 wrote:

In France, for the moment it is especially the Mediterranean area and the middle mountains which is the most affected by the warming (see on the site of Meteofrance there is an interactive software to see the changes for 70 years, and those envisaged for the current century with the main scenarios and their margin of error)

Hello,

Can you provide the link or the path on the site? I'm very interested in such a tool :)

Thank you in advance
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/02/20, 17:50

A natural variability that causes more positive feedback:
Antarctic snow turns blood red and this is bad news http://www.slate.fr/story/187965/neige- ... climatique
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/02/20, 18:06

Tournesolution.JPG
Tournesolution.JPG (26.81 KB) Viewed 3404 times
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/02/20, 18:25

izentrop wrote:A natural variability that causes more positive feedback:
Antarctic snow turns blood red and this is bad news http://www.slate.fr/story/187965/neige- ... climatique

one more big journalistic dung, since the current trend in the Antarctic Peninsula is at refroidissement ...
0 x