Global warming: natural variability vs anthropogenic influence?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Global warming: natural variability vs anthropogenic influence?

by GuyGadebois » 27/02/20, 21:21

Except that you were already old being young and you became a poor zombie vomiting insanities. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 27/02/20, 21:25

ABC2019 wrote:
izentrop wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:... the current trend in the Antarctic Peninsula is at refroidissement ...
Yes this is it : Twisted:
Temperature record: melting ice in Antarctica is obvious in this image https://www.numerama.com/sciences/60739 ... image.html
NASA has released photos of this heat wave. They show a part called Eagle Island, below. On the left, an image dated February 4, 2020. On the right, we are a few days later, on February 13.

and how does this contradict the fact that the trend is towards cooling?

This is because the weather is evidence of the climate trend, only when the weather is warm.
And when it is cold, it is also proof of a warming since if it is cold somewhere, it is that it is hot elsewhere so see first point. : Lol:
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 27/02/20, 21:46

except that no luck, Antarctica has also reserved surprises ... We thought it isolated and immune to global warming but that's it

austral summer 2019:
http://www.meteofrance.fr/actualites/69 ... a-banquise

already in 2017 in the austral spring:
http://www.meteofrance.fr/actualites/69 ... a-banquise

and I had read (I can't find it) that some ice shelves this time were eaten away from below, as far as the continent (in its western part.) it is not the air but more "soft" water pushed by winds from South America which would contribute to weaken these platforms, even threaten them with disappearance in the longer term ... And this is a fairly recent discovery (to be confirmed if I find the info)
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 27/02/20, 21:49

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/02/20, 22:06

It is true that there is no problem ... a small detail of 1700 km² and 150 m thick about to detach, it is a junk 8) : Mrgreen: 8)
The Brunt barrier in Antarctica threatens to break soon. A crack continues to open, propagating from south to north, in this floating ice platform 150 m thick, which extends the polar ice cap into the ocean. When it has cut it across its entire width, an iceberg of 1.700 km² is likely to come off, warns the Nasa Earth Observatory in a press release. It would be the largest iceberg in its history since 1915 for the Brunt Barrier. https://www.futura-sciences.com/planete ... tique-437/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/20, 22:48

Exnihiloest wrote:This is because the weather is evidence of the climate trend, only when the weather is warm.
And when it is cold, it is also proof of a warming since if it is cold somewhere, it is that it is hot elsewhere so see first point. : Lol:

Bushman-style Trumpism
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 28/02/20, 13:44

Christophe wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:This is because the weather is evidence of the climate trend, only when the weather is warm.

Bushman-style Trumpism

which has absolutely no scientific value. lower-level media-type communication ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 28/02/20, 18:38

Christophe wrote:

Bushman-style Trumpism

So clean up your camp:
https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/climat- ... -lamalgame

Trump can't always be wrong!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 28/02/20, 19:20

izentrop wrote:It is true that there is no problem ... a small detail of 1700 km² and 150 m thick about to detach, it is a junk 8) : Mrgreen: 8)
The Brunt barrier in Antarctica threatens to break soon. A crack continues to open, propagating from south to north, in this floating ice platform 150 m thick, which extends the polar ice cap into the ocean. When it has cut it across its entire width, an iceberg of 1.700 km² is likely to come off, warns the Nasa Earth Observatory in a press release. It would be the largest iceberg in its history since 1915 for the Brunt Barrier. https://www.futura-sciences.com/planete ... tique-437/

1) "When she has cut it across its entire width": is it inevitable? forecast based on what?
2) "an iceberg of 1.700 km² is likely to detach from it": when the hypothetical point 1 has been achieved, which we do not know anything about, then it is not even sure that there is this detachment, it is only a" risk ".

"And I say then (*) that when a guy on an information he knows no more than that, he has only to shut his mouth!", even if it came out of the thigh of the Nasa Earth Observatory.
(*) Colouche

In fact, in the Nasa Earth Observatory press release, we read:
“We don't have a clear picture of what drives the shelf's periods of advance and retreat through calving,” said NASA / UMBC glaciologist Chris Shuman.
They don't understand anything, but Shuman adds:
“The likely future loss of the ice on the other side of the Halloween Crack suggests that more instability is possible, with associated risk to Halley VIa. ”
Catastrophism when you hold us! : Cry:

But even if the iceberg were to detach, the detachment would concern 1.700 km², or less than 0,04% of the surface of the ice floe!
8.500 years ago, during the "Holocene climatic optimum", arctic temperatures were 2 to 4 degrees higher than they are today, and despite that, no point of no return has not been reached.
So: not enough to make a cheese out of it.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 29/02/20, 07:01

izentrop wrote:It is true that there is no problem ... a small detail of 1700 km² and 150 m thick about to detach, it is a junk 8) : Mrgreen: 8)

it dates from a year your news, it is not yet detached this iceberg?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)