CO2 calculator for all commercial transports?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

CO2 calculator for all commercial transports?

by Christophe » 01/10/13, 16:44

It will appear on the internet when making a reservation for a train or plane journey, will be indicated on buses or specified on carrier invoices: the display of the carbon footprint becomes compulsory on Tuesday for the transport of goods or people .

This new legislation, resulting from the Grenelle of the environment, will apply both to road or maritime transport companies as well as to rail operators and airlines. Even taxis and movers ...

For example, when purchasing their plane ticket, Air France customers will see a link to the CO2 calculator, which the company has implemented for several years. Type of aircraft, distance, but also actual flight conditions (wind, ...), will allow us to know the equivalent of carbon dioxide produced during this flight for each passenger.

The SNCF had also put online, since 2006, an "eco-comparator". When making a reservation, whether made online, at an automatic terminal, at the counter, the passenger will have an indication of the quantity emitted on the journey he wishes to make.

The CO2 emitted by the train from its departure station to its arrival station, and for all passengers, will also be displayed on the timetable of each line.

In the buses of its urban transport subsidiary Keolis, posters will indicate the amount of CO2 the vehicle emits per kilometer. It is also the display chosen by the Essonne bus company Tice.

Indeed, companies have, at first, no obligation to embark on long and complex calculations: until July 1, 2016, only a display per kilometer, by type of transport, is mandatory.

Then, companies with more than fifty employees will have to give more detailed and personalized information.

CO2 emissions linked to energy production are also taken into account in this calculation.

Going beyond CO2 emissions

(...)

Source Suite: http://actu.voila.fr/actualites/environ ... 10899.html

The famous SNCF Eco comparator did not work terribly if I remember correctly ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 02/10/13, 13:21

what will it be for ???
apart from paying some consultants to establish the calculations
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/13, 15:20

Uh make people aware right? But in times of crisis, ecological awareness ... not a priority ...
0 x
Kalee
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kalee » 20/04/15, 14:31

For example, when purchasing their plane ticket, Air France customers will see a link to the CO2 calculator, which the company has implemented for several years. Type of aircraft, distance, but also actual flight conditions (wind, ...), will allow us to know the equivalent of carbon dioxide produced during this flight for each passenger.
0 x
NAT
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/15, 21:21

Yes, I saw this during a reservation made, however I have doubts when taking into account the weather: when we book a flight 2 months before, the weather for the day of the flight is unknown! The occupancy rate, very important for the calculation of consumption per passenger, is also uncertain.

In both cases, of course, we can have clues ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/04/15, 21:46

Uh, raise awareness, right?

To me, this would be more of a form of measure of the gratification that the airline consumer would be expected to experience upon discovering the size of the "slice of the pie" they took for themselves and which determines their ranking in the hierarchy. consumer.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/04/15, 22:13

Kalee wrote:For example, when purchasing their plane ticket, Air France customers will see a link to the CO2 calculator, which the company has implemented for several years. Type of aircraft, distance, but also actual flight conditions (wind, ...), will allow us to know the equivalent of carbon dioxide produced during this flight for each passenger.

Yes and depending on the type of transport there should be a nice word, for example for a flight from Paris / Marseille: "bravo, you are a great friend!"
Or again: "Flying for a foreign destination seriously harms the culture of the locals" ... etc ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."