Citizen movement to demand the end of bitumen

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Citizen movement to demand the end of bitumen

by Obamot » 03/01/21, 15:53

We should perhaps start by changing things at the political level, if we want to change our approach to the climate.
“Political parties” currently seem to me to be the only alternative as “citizens' movements” producing some concrete results. Only the political parties can have a sufficiently effective leverage effect to change the laws, moreover it is even the only tool available except the referendum (there is no right of initiative in France).
0 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 03/01/21, 19:31

I completely agree, it is up to the state to legislate ... Without undergoing pressure from lobbies. The people can still show their expectations, especially when all scientists, from all disciplines, warn us that the danger is imminent
1 x
Butterfly flapping in Brazil can cause tornado in Texas
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/01/21, 19:40

Sorry but the "Tea Party" disagrees.
To "put science, culture and people back at the center of our society", we need to be free from politics. Asking everything from the state is the exact opposite of what to do. It is to reinforce it in its decision-making and arbitrary power and it is to deny individual responsibility.

new-transports / plasma-depollution-t1864.html? hilit = policies # p425941
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/01/21, 20:44

That was the theory, but unfortunately, in practice people often cannot come to an agreement in their respective families ... It has been an endemic situation for centuries, what am I saying, for millennia ... Ever since?

So politics ... It's more of the people-i-tique (Hollande, Sarkozy and more Macron ...)
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/01/21, 09:51

I would even say: pipeau bed tick! :)
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/01/21, 09:54

Samarion24 wrote:I completely agree, it is up to the state to legislate ... Without undergoing pressure from lobbies. The people can still show their expectations, especially when all scientists, from all disciplines, warn us that the danger is imminent

yeah but it works when we have serious leaders ... who play for France and their fellow citizens. On the specific subject of bitumen, I have no clear opinion, but pollution and transport are a much larger subject.

yet we have an anti-national and anti-patriot president. Its Masters are absolutely not the People.

I am already thinking of fuels and electricity which should mainly become renewable and produced here.
2 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 04/01/21, 12:19

We are not all directly affected by the nuisance of bitumen plants, but pollution of the air, water, soil and global warming concern us all. We must act and no longer leave them the choice when alternative solutions exist.
We must stop using fossil fuels.
We are exhausting our resources. The silver mines for example will be exhausted before the end of the decade ... I said DECADE ...

https://www.change.org/MessagepourMMacron
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/01/21, 12:24

I posted what I posted on policies, as I have the feeling that this thread deviates on general ecological questions.
If this is the case, I fear that the pretext may drown the initial basic idea on the bitumen asphalt mixing plant.
0 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 09/01/21, 21:55

Record year in terms of rising temperatures ... And if the states reacting !!! It is urgent to act to limit the rise in temperatures ... 

https://www.change.org/MessagepourMMacron

Petition to read
0 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 15/01/21, 06:15

I contacted the research director who developed the algoroute, here is his answer

Hello

AlgoRoute aims to convert algae residues into bitumen, by hydrothermal liquefaction. The properties obtained are similar to bitumen obtained from petroleum. So basically the same mechanical strength, durability, etc. The obstacles are (1) the cost (more expensive) and (2) the quantities to be produced. As we are talking about a residue from an industry (algae), this industry must produce large quantities of residue to meet the needs of roads. It will also lower costs. In summary, technically it works, but large-scale deployment depends on two very industrial cost-volume factors.

For more information, I copy 2 researchers working on the subject (I am director of the laboratory, which has more than 200 people, so I do not know all the subjects in detail).

cordially

Prof. Jérémy PRUVOST
1 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."