Citizen movement to demand the end of bitumen

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Citizen movement to demand the end of bitumen

by ABC2019 » 18/01/21, 18:38

who agrees to bet against me that it will change absolutely nothing at all? : roll:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/01/21, 19:09

Samarion24 wrote:Yet Cécile Duflot, Director General of Oxfam France, assures us that "even if all citizens were exemplary [...] we would achieve a quarter of the objectives of the Paris agreement to remain under two degrees."
It is normal, it is for the elimination of nuclear energy in France, whereas it is thanks to that that we are one of the countries emitting the least CO2. : roll:
0 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 18/01/21, 20:07

I agree with you !!! It may not change anything at all, especially if people are fatalistic, immobile in the face of the important issue at stake. It's so much easier to say it won't work than to act
1 x
Butterfly flapping in Brazil can cause tornado in Texas
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/01/21, 22:14

izentrop wrote:
Samarion24 wrote:Yet Cécile Duflot, Director General of Oxfam France, assures us that "even if all citizens were exemplary [...] we would achieve a quarter of the objectives of the Paris agreement to remain under two degrees."
It's normal, she is for the suppression of nuclear energy in France, whereas it is thanks to this that we are one of the countries emitting the least CO2. : roll:

We are in the top (10?) Of the most industrialized / polluting countries and with that we would be "one of the least CO2 emitting countries" ??????? : roll:
You ignore that the nuke is a large percentage of electrical energy, but a small percentage of the energy consumed in general at the country level.
In addition, everything that is not counted (imports), because not made in France, is made in China, among others, without counting the CO2 released .....
The "saving" of CO2 attributed to the nuke, it's just "anecdotal", a misery cache which can in no way solve the basic problems (society of waste, in particular energy, etc.).

Furthermore, switching from CO2 to hazardous radioactive waste or vice versa is just a change of impasse / bad solutions.
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 18/01/21, 23:22

Flytox wrote:We are in the top (10?) Of the most industrialized / polluting countries and with that we would be "one of the least CO2 emitting countries" ??????? : roll: .

per unit of GDP yes, the trick is to choose the right indicator :)
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/01/21, 01:00

Flytox wrote:The CO2 "saving" attributed to the nuke is just "anecdotal"
It's not wrong, but on the other hand, we are moving towards all-electric and we want to eliminate coal. What do we count on Russian gas? to overcome the shortcomings of ENRs?
At the foot of the wall will it be necessary to make coherent decisions, or to let people kill each other?
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 19/01/21, 06:25

izentrop wrote:
It's not wrong, but on the other hand, we are moving towards all-electric and we want to eliminate coal. What do we count on Russian gas? to overcome the shortcomings of ENRs?

The answer is simple: it is that there is nothing which is really usable on a world scale to replace the fossils beyond a few%, moreover this is the reason why we do not arrive not to do without.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 to 06.24.47.png
0 x

Flytox

by Flytox » 19/01/21, 23:14

izentrop wrote:
At the foot of the wall will it be necessary to make coherent decisions, or to let people kill each other?

The consistent decision is to admit that earthlings have no eternal means to burn away much much more energy than our biosphere can support without destroying it.
Sooner or too late, we will have to resolve to fart at the height of our ass, and settle for much much less .....

Instead of quibbling over who or what will continue to supply our destructive madness, we should rather prevent the irresponsible of all kinds (vast program) from leading us into some chaos / wars and other dead ends ..... (in short: choose to look at the finger or the moon ....)
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 21/01/21, 10:39

I changed the site for my petition
More than 4000 signatures in less than 24 hours ........
(I lost a month and many contacts because of the other site .......)

https://www.mesopinions.com/petition/na ... tes/123281
0 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 28/01/21, 12:56

Hello
Anyone know how to analyze this ??
0 x