Capture of CO2, the return ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Capture of CO2, the return ...

by Christophe » 07/12/14, 23:29

Scientists have found the solution to save the planet ... The problem is that it costs 176 000 billion dollars

http://www.atlantico.fr/rdv/atlantico-g ... 91843.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/12/14, 12:35

Attractive title, inconsistent remarks and denial of reality ... Who said: "journalism"?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/14, 13:30

It's also my opinion ...

A "biological" process seems to me more suitable for reducing the concentration of CO2 at a time when some are talking about terraforming the planet Mars ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/12/14, 11:46

Does not the injection of CO2 at great depth allow it to hydrolyze under the action of water, pressure and heat, and to transform it into methane?
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 18/12/14, 17:18

- If you fear the rise of the oceans, I noticed something during a TV report on Greenland.
- Indeed, released from the weight of ice, it is going up more than 1cm per year, I think!
- And as I do not believe that it is by a contribution of "extraterrestrial" matter that it is in the process of rising, I have a feeling that the ocean floors are lowered by as much (well, from the volume that comes out) some water !) !
- I had seen another report which said that ancient Canadian beaches have risen by several tens, even hundreds of meters since the last ice age! This means that the ocean floor, "crushed" by several billion tons of water, has fallen by as much, in volume, of course!
- Suddenly, why was there not an increase in the level of the oceans during the medieval climatic optimum, noted by Eric le Rouge when he named this island-continent "green land" and that vines were growing in England ? Remember: + 6 ° compared to today!
- Moreover, as the ice floats on the water, it is less dense, so that 1 liter of ice melting produces about 0,95 liter of water! Make the experiment in your fridge! Or cut a block of ice 10 side cm (1 decimeter cube = 1 liter!), Then pour the cast iron water into a cube 10 cm aside!
- Curious: "sewn mouth" of the IPCC on this!
- @ +!
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/12/14, 20:48

RV-P wrote:- If you fear the rise of the oceans, I noticed something during a TV report on Greenland.
- Indeed, released from the weight of ice, it is going up more than 1cm per year, I think!
- And as I do not believe that it is by a contribution of "extraterrestrial" matter that it is rising, I sense that the ocean bottoms are falling (finally, the volume coming out of the water!)!
- I saw another report that said that old Canadian beaches have risen by several tens or even hundreds of meters since the last ice age! This means that the ocean floor, "crushed" by several billion tons of water, has fallen by as much, in volume, of course!

One of the interpretations is that the continents are floating on the earth's magma. If we remove the weight (ice) on the surface we improve the flotation of the continent which goes back slowly over x years. The bottom of the ocean far from the coast should not move much.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 11/01/15, 20:36

Flytox wrote:The bottom of the ocean far from the coast should not move much.

- It's like a hydraulic jack: you have to pump a lot of times to raise the main piston a few cm! As a result, the Canadian beaches, which rose several hundred meters, only brought the ocean floor down a few centimeters, and again; but on a huge surface!
- Similarly, the elevation of the Greenland level would only affect the level of the ocean floor by a few millimeters, but over the whole submerged part of the oceans, whereas it could rise by more than 3000 meters, at the level of the high glacier!
- Inconvenient question: has the IPCC thought about it? It's to do...
- Moreover, as we are all hydrates of ... CARBON, the simple fact that we breathe also introduces CO2 in the atmosphere! Not to mention animals ... But 7 billions of people who breathe, it must make a lot of tons of CO2!
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/15, 18:21

This question of the vertical movements of the earth's crust is surely complex and it is impossible to decide without precise studies (there are also horizontal movements).

With respect to CO2 resulting from human and animal respiration, any increase is correlated with a proportional plant mass, so this phenomenon should be strictly neutral on this specific plane.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/01/15, 18:41

RV-P wrote:- Similarly, raising the level of Greenland would only affect the sea-bed level by a few millimeters, but over the entire submerged part of the oceans, while it could rise more than 3000 meters, at the level of the highest glacier !

You can develloper please?

In addition, as we are all hydrates of ... CARBON, the simple fact that we breathe also introduces CO2 in the atmosphere! Not to mention animals ... But 7 billions of people who breathe, it must make a lot of tons of CO2!

The production of human biological CO2 is innocuous because it is fully reabsorbed by vegetation and oceans.
Moreover, considering the number of species destroyed by the human being, this biological production only replaces that which would have been emitted by other forms of life otherwise.
The main concern is not the production of human biological CO2, but that of our industrial, agricultural, or intensive farming activities.
In the space of barely 100 years we have drastically decreased the capacity of biotopes absorbed CO2 while emitting gigantic amounts of GHGs.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 14/01/15, 19:04

Ahmed wrote:This question of the vertical movements of the earth's crust is surely complex and it is impossible to decide without precise studies (there are also horizontal movements).

The surection of scandinavia following the melting of the glaciers that compressed it until 10 000 years continues.
It is well studied. There are plenty of top links on the net.

and 10 000 years after Scandinavia continues to rise.
0 x