Capture of CO2, the return ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/01/15, 19:08

moinsdewatt wrote:
Ahmed wrote:This question of the vertical movements of the earth's crust is surely complex and it is impossible to decide without precise studies (there are also horizontal movements).

The surection of scandinavia following the melting of the glaciers that compressed it until 10 000 years continues.
It is well studied. There are plenty of top links on the net.

and 10 000 years after Scandinavia continues to rise.

This is what we call in geology glacial isostatic adjustment.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 14/01/15, 19:14

sen-no-sen wrote:
moinsdewatt wrote:
Ahmed wrote:This question of the vertical movements of the earth's crust is surely complex and it is impossible to decide without precise studies (there are also horizontal movements).

The surection of scandinavia following the melting of the glaciers that compressed it until 10 000 years continues.
It is well studied. There are plenty of top links on the net.

and 10 000 years after Scandinavia continues to rise.

This is what we call in geology glacial isostatic adjustment.

Yes.

or post-glacial rebound.

Wikipedia article: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebond_post-glaciaire

see the case of Stockholm which has thus grown.

The effects of the postglacial rebound in Stockholm. The map shows the increase in land over a period of 4000 years
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/15, 19:35

My message, too elliptical, referred to the assertion of R-VP, according to which the uplift of the continents found its exact volume compensation in a collapse of the bottom of the oceans.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 15/01/15, 14:32

- Ahmed, think a little bit ... According to you, it comes from where the matter that raised Scandinavia, Canada and now Greenland following the melting of glaciers? From space ?!??...
- In addition, concerning the cycle of water and carbon, not a drop is lost: the carbon accumulated since the Carboniferous and Noah's Flood (which nevertheless exterminated the entire terrestrial animal population and human of the time and vegetation!) is being extracted by man from the depths of the Earth! And BEFORE Noah's Flood, when all these humans and animals lived, and before the Carboniferous where vegetation grew abundantly, didn't the Earth have a uniform climate, even at the poles?
- Here is a diagram to explain the thing:
- Is it clearer as well?
- @ +!
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/01/15, 16:57

RV-P wrote:- Ahmed, think a little bit ... According to you, it comes from where the matter that raised Scandinavia, Canada and now Greenland following the melting of glaciers? From space ?!??...

The question is not addressed to me but I can not help but answer: yes, the matter that composes our continents does indeed come from space! : Mrgreen:

In addition, concerning the cycle of water and carbon, not a drop is lost: the carbon accumulated since the Carboniferous and Noah's Flood (which nevertheless exterminated the entire terrestrial animal population and period and vegetation!) is being extracted by man from the depths of the Earth!

It's not the flood of Noah but the deluge of Gilgamesh,Noah did some plagiarism! : Mrgreen:
There has never been a Flood exterminating the entire terrestrial animal and human population!
"Just" major climatic upheavals during the last ice age causing "torrential" flooding in many areas of the world, hence the story through many cultures of this event.

Your diagram represents what was explained above, the decrease of load that represented the ice (hundreds of millions of tons ...) causes a rise of the massif, called glacial isostatic adjustment.
It should be noted that this phenomenon occurs even on non-ice-covered massifs (isostatic adjustment).

Be careful though!
The crustal root of the massif, once deeply depressed, rises under the effect of lightening,it is not borrowed from the seabed,because already existingit is thus a rise of the root + of a part of the lithosphere which causes a rebalancing of the masses.

Small explanatory diagram:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 15/01/15, 20:30

RV-P wrote: The carbon accumulated since the Carboniferous and the Flood of Noah (which has all the same exterminated all the terrestrial population animal and human of the time and the vegetation!)

I dream ! .... The flood of Noah.

If you are there, I will stop talking to you, I have no time to lose.
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 16/01/15, 14:32

- In any case, if I "bring back my strawberry" about the Bible, it "gives buttons" to some on this forum : Shock: !!!
- Do not confuse "Bible" and "religion", please: it has nothing to do!
- And if you happen to have the curiosity to open it and read it, the Bible, huh?! ?? Just to contradict her ... Chiche?
sen no sen wrote:There has never been a Flood exterminating the entire terrestrial animal and human population!

- According to you, in islands off Siberia, we found a whole lot of mammoth bones and tusks! We even found a whole in the permafrost of Siberia! If they weren't "frozen in place" by a global climate catastrophe, what froze them in place, then?! ?? ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/01/15, 14:47

RV-P wrote:
- Do not confuse "Bible" and "religion", please: it has nothing to do!

Do not you confuse science and Biblical text in your case?

- And if you happen to have the curiosity to open it and read it, the Bible, huh?! ?? Just to contradict her ... Chiche?

To contradict it not, but to disassemble the literal interpretation that makes some zozo, assuredly yes! : Lol:

According to you, in islands off Siberia, a whole bunch of mammoth bones and tusks have been found! We even found a whole in the permafrost of Siberia! If they weren't "frozen in place" by a global climate catastrophe, what froze them in place, then?! ?? ...

Easy to explain!
The dead mammoths were buried in peat, then this peat has then freeze in winter and has kept intact the remains of its pachyderms until today in the pergisol ...

On the other hand, how do you explain that the lands of the whole world were submerged by the waves, where did this water come from, space? Where did she go? : Mrgreen:
The waters grew and lifted up the ark, and it rose above the earth. 18 The waters grew and grew much on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the waters. 19 The waters grew more and more, and all the high mountains which are under the whole sky were covered. 20 The waters rose fifteen cubits above the mountains, which were covered. 21 All that was moving on the earth perished, birds and cattle and animals, all that crawled on the earth, and all men.
The Flood (Genesis)

:?:
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 16/01/15, 14:51

sen no sen wrote:On the other hand, how do you explain that the lands of the whole world were submerged by the waves, where did this water come from, space? Where did she go? : Mrgreen:

- I asked Him the question once and He did not answer me ... And if you asked Him, you? ...
- Is there nothing that God can not do, since He is the Almighty?
- And if this water came from Europa, a satellite of Saturn or Jupiter covered with an ocean more than 100 km deep and permanently frozen ...?
- God was able to bring all this water from space and send it back! You should consult him, do not you think?! ?? ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/01/15, 15:24

RV-P wrote:
sen no sen wrote:On the other hand, how do you explain that the lands of the whole world were submerged by the waves, where did this water come from, space? Where did she go? : Mrgreen:

- I asked Him the question once and He did not answer me ... And if you asked Him, you? ...

If he did not answer you, maybe he is in trouble?
: Mrgreen:

Is there nothing that God can not do, since He is the Almighty?

Apparently not enough to stop the nonsense of the human race! : Lol:

God was able to bring all this water from space and send it back! You should consult him, do not you think?! ?? ...

: Arrow: RV-P wrote:

According to you, does it come from the matter that raised Scandinavia, Canada, and now Greenland after the melting of glaciers? From space ?!??...

So it works for water, but not for the earth? : Lol:
0 x