Bush wants to reduce 20% fuel consumption by 10ans.

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 24/01/07, 22:29

it's him and his poets who put the EV1 of GM to the breakage

Transportation-electric / electric-car-of-gm-ev1-a-la-t2129.html breaks

http://www.clean-auto.com/article.php3?id_article=2579

there is soon the elections
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bush wants to reduce 20% gasoline consumption by 10ans.

by Woodcutter » 25/01/07, 02:42

Targol wrote:
US President George W. Bush said Tuesday he wanted to reduce 20% gasoline consumption in the United States under 10 years, an ambitious goal that will go through the development of non-fossil fuels and stricter consumption standards. [...]
Pffff .. : Lol: Too easy their goal: they have only to provide themselves in the French car market and hop, there is direct 30% or even 50% of consumption reduction ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Bush wants to reduce 20% gasoline consumption by 10ans.

by nialabert » 25/01/07, 19:06

Woodcutter wrote:
Targol wrote:
US President George W. Bush said Tuesday he wanted to reduce 20% gasoline consumption in the United States under 10 years, an ambitious goal that will go through the development of non-fossil fuels and stricter consumption standards. [...]
Pffff .. : Lol: Too easy their goal: they have only to provide themselves in the French car market and hop, there is direct 30% or even 50% of consumption reduction ... : Mrgreen:

I think the Japanese are a bit luckier than the French, But that's just my opinion.
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/07, 23:10

Bof! Everything by cudgel ....

Since it is marked "Chevrolet" on Korean cars of 3m20 long : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 26/01/07, 19:54

lol

very fair and in addition they suddenly become more expensive. Strange all the same.
0 x

Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/01/07, 09:58

nialabert wrote:lol

very fair and in addition they suddenly become more expensive. Strange all the same.

Why do you think GM, while his fiances are in the red, bought Daewoo?
Quite simply so that people who buy "small" cars finance those who buy big 2 ton M..E with a V8.

For me, the purchase of Daewoo was only made for that: to find a brand with cheap cars in order to raise prices to meet the debt.

Basically, as usual, the whole world finances gluttony US!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/01/07, 10:10

Anyway, a big part of the US population is impoverished too!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/01/07, 23:23

Targol wrote:[...] For me, the purchase of Daewoo has only been achieved for that: to find a brand with cheap cars in order to raise prices to meet the debt.
[...]
And also to be able to lower CO2 emission averages (calculated over the entire range) to comply with European (?) Legislation.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 30/01/07, 09:48

Woodcutter wrote:
Targol wrote:[...] For me, the purchase of Daewoo has only been achieved for that: to find a brand with cheap cars in order to raise prices to meet the debt.
[...]
And also to be able to lower CO2 emission averages (calculated over the entire range) to comply with European (?) Legislation.

Only for marketing issues then, because the legislations and limitations are model by model.

It is not because one of the cars in their range will be well below the max emissions of CO2 allowed that the entire range will be salable in Europe.

Moreover, it makes me think of a question: Are there any standards in place currently in Europe that prohibit the sale (or circulation) of vehicles beyond a certain threshold of CO2 km?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/01/07, 10:29

Targol said:

Moreover, it makes me think of a question: Are there any standards in place currently in Europe that prohibit the sale (or circulation) of vehicles beyond a certain threshold of CO2 km?

Worse than that: registration is prohibited (the first registration). So much so that one of my friends had to register an old Nissan 350Z before the 31 / 12. Cost: 5000 euros registration tax. Before, he used it under a merchant's plate, he is a garage collector.
(this is a hostire blege :D )

So, in fact, if you have kept an old carburetor car in stock and it has never been registered, you just have to try to sell it in Africa.
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."