Behind a fight that seems fair, the IPCC and its donors are preparing a nightmare for us

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Behind a fight that seems fair, the IPCC and its donors are preparing a nightmare for us

by ABC2019 » 24/06/21, 19:25

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:(Bozo does not know what "documents, proofs and testimonies" mean ... Wonderful piss trick ...)

I know what that means, I asked you who was this "we" who produced them?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Behind a fight that seems fair, the IPCC and its donors are preparing a nightmare for us

by ABC2019 » 24/06/21, 19:26

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:I said nothing about coal, you are responding to your imaginary ghosts, I quoted words from climatologists of the IPCC, who say that there is no extinction of humanity or collapse of society because of RC to fear, and you do not answer it. You only feed yourself to the media discourse that you drink in a loop.

The imaginary phantom is the excerpt from the very real article you cited.

At length of post you offer us the fallacious, the misguided and twisted reason, which borders on madness.
I will go to Izentrop's good advice and stop speaking to you.

good idea, for what you have to say anyway ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/06/21, 19:27

(Bozo still has not understood that I no longer answer his shitty questions and that if he wants he can find everything about this forum...)
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 24/06/21, 19:28

OK, "we" go to bed then : Mrgreen:
0 x

Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/06/21, 19:48

humus wrote:...
At length of post you offer us the fallacious, the misguided and twisted reason, which borders on madness.

On the contrary. Unlike you who take up the climate chants of the new religion like an altar boy, ABC provides us with reasons to doubt by references to studies or observational data that do not agree with what is said about the climate. .

Your repeated argument is to stick your simplistic labels on it as "negationist" and to accuse it of lying ("spurious", your expression) rather than to invalidate the arguments presented. This is a sign that you are incapable of it, and that you are swapping the scientific debate for a clan ideological posture, so much easier to maintain, but without any relevance to the substance of the debate.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 24/06/21, 23:17

It's not my fault sir, I've never been in class, I haven't learned to say amen to all the nonsense I was told ... : Mrgreen:
0 x

humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 25/06/21, 07:00

Exnihiloest wrote:On the contrary. Unlike you who take up the climate chants of the new religion like an altar boy, ABC provides us with reasons to doubt by references to studies or observational data that do not agree with what is said about the climate. .

Your repeated argument is to stick your simplistic labels on it as "negationist" and to accuse it of lying ("spurious", your expression) rather than to invalidate the arguments presented. This is a sign that you are incapable of it, and that you are swapping the scientific debate for a clan ideological posture, so much easier to maintain, but without any relevance to the substance of the debate.

It is your right to think so.
ABC2019 makes fallacious remarks because they have the illusion, the appearance of the real thing, but are not. The reason for the worst she can do.
Quite often simplistic remarks motivated by primary reactions.
Primary reactions that everyone has and that everyone can let or not rule

Ex: voluntary decrease is not good because nobody wants it.
Personally, if I had a real choice, if the facts weren't what they are (climate, depletions), I wouldn't want any either.
Only here, do we observe the facts clearly, without personal or borrowed ideology?

At home and at ABC2019, It is very clear that your words are guided by the systematic rejection of anything that hinders your primary desires.

In this enterprise, you find support in the denialist literature supported by the fossil fuel lobbies or other people who do not accept having to be constrained by an unenviable reality, or people with superficial but yet scientific knowledge.

It is now documented, there was internal research very early on, then suffocation of results by I do not remember which US oil group, just as there was this same kind of suffocation about tobacco, sugar, asbestos, pesticides etc.
Would the climate and CO2 be different today?
Is there a wicked green conspiracy against the powerful sellers of carbonaceous fossils and their addicted customers to the recklessness they provide?
A wicked green conspiracy to return to the enviable Stone Age?
Do you sincerely think this project is exciting? or that the thurifarians are all sweet crazy good to put in the asylum?
Don't you imagine for a second that these people are willing to face reality?
Do you not for a second consider yourself being manipulated by the most powerful lobbies in the world and by your own desires?

I am not going to waste my time trying to convince people in denial of reality, denial supported by their primary desires to be free from constraint.

Responding to you only reinforces your opposition and cuts you off from the opportunity to take a break, cuts you off from accepting the grim reality: drifting climate and ongoing depletions.

Either we do not anticipate (if the word anticipate still has a meaning to this day) and it will be very ugly, or we anticipate and it will be better without guarantee that it is not a little ugly anyway.
To anticipate is to prepare for at least the worst.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/06/21, 07:29

humus wrote:It is your right to think so.
ABC2019 makes fallacious remarks because they have the illusion, the appearance of the real thing, but are not. The reason in the worst she can do ....
Ex: voluntary decrease is not good because nobody wants it.

If you want to respond to what I'm saying, the most basic honesty starts with quoting what I said and not making up things that I didn't. Already that sets the level of your argumentation and it relativizes the criticisms that you allow yourself to address to others.

I did not speak of "good" or "bad", because that is subjective and it depends on each one, so I am not going to make assertions on the fact of "being" good or bad as if it was an ontological reality. I could give my personal feeling, but it's not very interesting. On the other hand I note that nobody or hardly does it or does not claim it politically.

It doesn't mean that nobody wants it, but the argument I made is that those who really want it have every possibility to do it spontaneously for them, since there is no obstacles to reducing his standard of living is much easier than increasing it. So those who sincerely want it, in all probability, have already done it for them, and the growth is due to those who do not particularly want it, and have no special reason to change their mind.
Personally, if I had a real choice, if the facts weren't what they are (climate, depletions), I wouldn't want any either.
Only here, do we observe the facts clearly, without personal or borrowed ideology?

At home and at ABC2019, It is very clear that your words are guided by the systematic rejection of anything that hinders your primary desires.

and it is very clear that yours are not guided neither by an objective analysis of reality, nor by the implementation of real "solutions" (on which people cannot agree, because when we listen to each other, they all say we have to do something, but do not agree on anything).

You still haven't told us what you're warming yourself with, by the way.

This is an attitude characteristic of religious movements, which spend their time complaining about the evils of humanity but offer them no real solution apart from symbolic acts (prayers, processions, etc.) and are content to fabricate a class of culprits that she will undertake to punish.
A wicked green conspiracy to return to the enviable Stone Age?
Do you sincerely think this project is exciting? or that the thurifarians are all sweet crazy good to put in the asylum?
Don't you imagine for a second that these people are willing to face reality?
Do you not for a second consider yourself being manipulated by the most powerful lobbies in the world and by your own desires?

At no time did I say that we had to do this or that. You will not find any sentence from me defending one attitude rather than another, I respect the right of everyone to live as they want. I just ASKED what exactly Janco was proposing, and incidentally what you yourself did concretely in your daily life to eliminate CO2 (I also remind you that participating in a forum internet powered by largely carbon-based global electricity can hardly pass for an essential need of humanity, which has gone without it for 99,999% of its history, and contributes in a non-negligible way to CO2 emissions).

In return, I got no response but an outpouring of derogatory judgments and dismissive comments about my so-called conservatism, which I therefore categorize as a religious-type attitude and not a scientific one. It would be the same kind of reaction I would get if I asked a fundamentalist how he knows that the religious texts he is inspired by were really written by his god.

Either we do not anticipate (if the word anticipate still has a meaning to this day) and it will be very ugly, or we anticipate and it will be better without guarantee that it is not a little ugly anyway.
To anticipate is to prepare for at least the worst.

I am still waiting for the answer to my question; do you expect what you call "anticipation" to decrease resource consumption faster, or slower, than natural depletion? I think the question is extremely simple; and if it was clear in your mind what to do because it is "common sense", the answer should be easy to give.
0 x

humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 25/06/21, 07:46

ABC2019 wrote:[

I am still waiting for the answer to my question; do you expect what you call "anticipation" to decrease resource consumption faster, or slower, than natural depletion? I think the question is extremely simple; and if it was clear in your mind what to do because it is "common sense", the answer should be easy to give.

Another absurd question since the answer is obvious to any sane mind.
So sorry, I forgot debility, which is never to be excluded even if it is not what I prefer first in the interlocutor. That would explain a lot of things.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/06/21, 07:56

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:[

Another absurd question since the answer is obvious to any sane mind.

well if it's obvious, why don't you give it, instead of saying it's obvious?

if it is obvious "to any sane mind", how many politicians (who a priori seek to have voters) actually offer it?

and what type of heating should be adopted, if the answer is obvious?
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."