Algae to save the planet!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Algae to save the planet!

by Janic » 02/12/21, 14:15

I think everyone is in agreement but the scoops, type "seaweed" or other, are welcome.
As I am only repeating, I need both my captain: small solutions and a disruptive measure concerning the economic system (very expensive : Mrgreen: )
until further biological order, algae have existed since the beginning of life and therefore they do not form part of "human" measures or measures of the same.
And gratitude to the algae for the oxygen we breathe.
and we have nothing to do with it, they existed before us, will exist after us, whether or not we are there to breathe the oxygen they release!
What more do you want to do, you are not clear!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 02/12/21, 14:23

Janic wrote:
I think everyone is in agreement but the scoops, type "seaweed" or other, are welcome.
As I am only repeating, I need both my captain: small solutions and a disruptive measure concerning the economic system (very expensive : Mrgreen: )
until further biological order, algae have existed since the beginning of life and therefore they do not form part of "human" measures or measures of the same.
And gratitude to the algae for the oxygen we breathe.
and we have nothing to do with it, they existed before us, will exist after us, whether or not we are there to breathe the oxygen they release!
What more do you want to do, you are not clear!

Isn't that a bit buggy there? take a nap it will be better afterwards : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/12/21, 14:48

And you saw, all this without the abstract value! Too loud, right? : Lol:

The abstract value has relevance only in the system which created it; outside this framework, you have to find other concepts, but if you haven't already understood this one ... : roll:

Janic, Humus talks about algo-rhythmic forcing there, not algae that grows spontaneously, without making waves (sic!) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 02/12/21, 14:52

Ahmed wrote:
And you saw, all this without the abstract value! Too loud, right? : Lol:

The abstract value has relevance only in the system which created it; outside this framework, you have to find other concepts, but if you haven't already understood this one ... : roll:

Ah bah no!
Changing the frame supposes having understood the previous one, hence my remark. : Wink:
If we don't understand why change?
I know what you're gonna say but I'll let you say it : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/12/21, 14:57

I will disappoint you ... : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/12/21, 15:58

AGAIN ??? : Shock: : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 02/12/21, 16:13

Ahmed wrote:I will disappoint you ... : Wink:

Here I am not disappointed, I really did not understand anything : Lol: : Arrowd:
gardening / tunnel-greenhouse-t17052-10.html # p477143
0 x
NCSH
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by NCSH » 03/12/21, 18:33

humus wrote:
Christophe wrote:I have not (yet) followed this topic but have you looked at this study of more than 300 pages that I published a few years ago? Not much has changed in terms of technology since I presume (except maybe some patented GMO algae ???)

https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... biodiesel/

Synthesis : https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... arburants/

See also:
https://www.econologie.com/algues-bioca ... -algatech/
https://www.econologie.com/biocarburant ... ale-verte/

And these 2 old subjects:

biofuel / oil-vegetable-pure-by-the-oil-bearing algae-t2242.html

And the Alicante BFS plant (which has apparently had some economic problems since ... not easy to replace the oil god): biofuels / microalgae-plant-bfs-plankton-fuel-in-alicante-t10514.html

As usual, it did derive from the initial subject but it is related : Wink:

Hello,
the title should have been in my opinion, "Can we still save algae-type energy crops", let me explain.

Wanting to produce Mtoe for Europe, or even billions of toe for use on a worldwide scale, comes up against a limiting factor that is often ignored which concerns all energy crops: Phosphorus, whose mining extraction is doomed. to exhaustion in the next 30 years (this only for current food crops, to which is added corn, especially in the USA to make ethanol, ...).
Indeed, wanting to produce at a rate of tens of toe / ha is impossible without a massive contribution of NPK, even if part of these can be recycled. Only tropical energy crops (miscanthus, sorghum, etc.) can do without it, but with yields 10 X lower.

It is for this reason that the "artificial solutions" of the synthetic fuel type using solar energy which make it possible to be freed from this type of limiting factors are much more likely to succeed.
The basic equation for diesel / kerosene is: 400 kg H2 + 3 kg CO2 yields one ton of non-fossil FT synthetic fuel.
All this is now possible at reasonable costs recently thanks to the feasibility studies proposed by the small Finnish Technical University of Lappaarenta as part of its apparently counter-intuitive project of "Neo Carbon Economy".

Thus, one million km2 in the semi-desert zone will make it possible to produce 5 Mtoe of liquid and gaseous fuels, i.e. a little less than the 000 Mtoe currently consumed, or currently around 8 kg / inhabitant / year (000 kg for OECD countries, 1 for inhabitants of the rest of the world). It would therefore be necessary to distribute around 000 kg / inhabitant / year for 2 billion inhabitants (beyond 000) for essential uses, in addition to everything that will be electrified.

March 2019 - Cost - 1-s2.0-S0959652619307772-main.pdf
DAC, cost evolution up to 2050.
(2.12 million) Downloaded times 1695

Sept 2021 - Solar Hydrogen - solr.202100487.pdf
Solar Hydrogen, cost evolution up to 2050.
(1.78 million) Downloaded times 486
2 x
To discover the parallel universe of non-fossil carbon energy carriers, take the time to browse (15 min) the website NCSH : http://www.ncsh.eu/language/fr/energie-et-matiere/
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/12/21, 00:32

If there is time to waste, there is a way to get down to low tech https://wiki.lowtechlab.org/wiki/Cultur ... iruline/fr
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 04/12/21, 09:19

Without fertilizer problem, without water problem, the cultivation of algae in the sea.
You had to think about it! : Mrgreen:
Nature made it : Wink:

"Shale gas has no future"
"I have natural gas that never runs out at $ 8 a barrel, they do it at $ 48"
"Today's biogas is corn per hectare transformed into ethanol, it's expensive"
“We cultivate algae in 3 dimensions, on one hectare we have 30m000 of water, we make 3T of algae per year, 1000m585 of gas per day forever. The business model changes when it's infinite. An immediate, simple production, and we recover nature: once you have algae, you have fish, shellfish, oysters ... life begins again. "" I regenerate life, they destroy the water reserves "
“No politician can survive politically except to be in the pocket of companies like Total, Chevron, ..” “The platform costs 25000euros per hectare, with 3200km2 (out of 3,3million) we provide all of the energy of the 'Argentina'
"We have a by-product: 2% of solids are fertilizers" "3 times more nitrogen than synthetic fertilizers which use ... gas" "If you increase the density of fish by a factor of 10, you are popular among the fishermen, on the island of El Hierro I did it "

0 x