When is a REAL action of car manufacturers ?? !!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Vanessa92
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

When is a REAL action of car manufacturers ?? !!

by Vanessa92 » 29/11/07, 12:41

Hello everybody

I don't know about you, but I'm really starting to get tired of the "eco-label" ads from car manufacturers, Peugeot, Renault and co. .. To believe that their communication budget is extensible when it comes to finding a sales pitch. : Evil:

I find that a bit exaggerated insofar as these labels only concern vehicles which pollute "less" than usual, but which pollute all the same. They are really surfing the Ecolo wave, Grenelle de l'Environnement et all and everything, but I find it appalling because they'd better stop piping us and save what's left of our planet instead. :P

These large industrial boxes would be better for me to subsidize real ecological projects? Ok we'll go back to the cariole and walk, but at least we can do like Yann Arthus Bertrand and try to recreate balances.

I just saw on the internet that Citroën offered "compensation" for CO02 emissions for all people who tried one of their new car (you have to register on their site ??). They are planting forests in Indonesia.
It has the limit I find it more constructive. It looks serious there is an association in the shot.
0 x
The planet is warming up ... and it worries me
Let's act!
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/07, 13:30

Of course it's a sales pitch ... see Renault's "eco2" is a monumental FARCE ... but it works now but for how long?

The private car is the very example of the non-ecological object (and for a long time yet and may be forever ...) ...even with a 100% "clean" engine, moving a ton for 80 kg of payload is an energy loss.

It is therefore the very concept of the car (in its current form, 1 ton and 5 places for 1,3 places occupied) which is "dirty" so the manufacturers can do nothing other than "announcement effects" and small improvements here and there ... and especially some concept because they probably never plan to release (see the C-Cactus "fairly" green: https://www.econologie.com/citroen-c-cac ... -3458.html )

Otherwise currently I find that bmw is making great efforts to reduce its consumption since (unlike other manufacturers) all consumption "lowerers" are standard: https://www.econologie.com/forums/bmw-effici ... t4303.html ... and this without any "ecopipo" label ...
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 11 / 07, 14: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/11/07, 14:08

: Arrow: There is not much to complain about your answer ...

I will just add that nothing will change dramatically because the economic stakes are too high for the manufacturers to do anything that could harm the state and the oil lobby (Total) by attacking fuel consumption.

We live in a world where nothing must change brutally or uncontrolled by the economic power (the one that governs us). : Evil:
0 x
Vanessa92
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

pessimists?

by Vanessa92 » 29/11/07, 14:22

Oh yeah so you really think it's useless to start reforestation or sponsorship projects?

I do not know, I always found it rather concrete.

At the same time, I have to have a car because I work away from my work, but it breaks my heart so I would like to avoid stupid consumption. And I can not afford to buy a BM ....
0 x

Let's act!
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/07, 14:25

citro wrote:: arrow: There is not much to complain about your answer ...

Me if :)

Vanessa have you heard about LOREMO?

If it is there: https://www.econologie.com/la-loremo-la- ... -2950.html And there: https://www.econologie.com/forums/loremo-la- ... t1624.html
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 11 / 07, 14: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

Re: pessimists?

by Christophe » 29/11/07, 14:29

Vanessa92 wrote:Oh yeah so you really think it's useless to start reforestation or sponsorship projects?

I do not know, I always found it rather concrete.

Reforestation ... ah yes the wells to CO2 PSA and co ... image is everything.

I bet their wells capture less than what a stable of F1 rejects per year ...

So frankly the answer is no ... it's pipo ...

Manufacturers would do better to invest in fuel algae that capture CO2 ... and make a biofuel very interesting (30 120 times more than the best oleaginous plants: https://www.econologie.com/algues-et-bio ... -3387.html )
0 x
Vanessa92
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Well

by Vanessa92 » 29/11/07, 14:43

No carbon sinks I do not know, what is it?

Earlier, I was just talking about Citroen, which apparently joined forces with an NGO called Planète Urgence and they are planting trees together to compensate for C02 releases. It's on their website if you want to see (www.citroen.fr)

It seems to me rather trendy thing, Air France is also put ... good for now I'm not sure that I will pay for reforestation, but if it is offered for free purchase of a plane ticket or a car or other, why not? In my opinion it serves more than to plant a tuya on my balcony.

If I could make up for everything my apartment consumes in electricity I will do it but I do not know how to do it. Ditto for everything else, I sort the waste but it is not enough.

For Lor ... I look
0 x

Let's act!
Vanessa92
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Loremo

by Vanessa92 » 29/11/07, 14:58

Vanessa have you heard about LOREMO?

I just watched, indeed 11 000 € price of call for a car that consumes 1,5l / 100, it seems to be the good deal!

But I find it strange that it is marketed by an "unknown" box, in fact it is not BM, Ford or Renault ... it is a German start up!

Ca finally released in 2009-2010 so whilst I still pollutes as much when I use my old 2006 : Cry:
0 x

Let's act!
Christophe

Re: Wells

by Christophe » 29/11/07, 15:02

Vanessa92 wrote:No carbon sinks I do not know, what is it?

Earlier, I was just talking about Citroen, which apparently joined forces with an NGO called Planète Urgence and they are planting trees together to compensate for C02 releases. It's on their website if you want to see (www.citroen.fr)

This is exactly a carbon sink.

Now I advise you to look (if you find them) the numbers in detail: how much for the research and development of OIL engine (or gas ... still that) and how much for these actions?

On boursorama you will find the profits of the companies ... just compare it with the sponsorship of planet emergency to see that it is a joke!

Vanessa92 wrote:It seems to me rather trendy thing, Air France is also put ... good for now I'm not sure that I will pay for reforestation, but if it is offered for free purchase of a plane ticket or a car or other, why not?

Yes it is trendy but completely insufficient !!
Otherwise nothing is free ...

Vanessa92 wrote: In my opinion it serves more than to plant a tuya on my balcony.

So I'm not so sure that, because if everyone had a green plant ... Moreover it's the idea (among others) that we launched for Christmas (see https://www.econologie.com/pensez-econol ... -3524.html ) but apparently it does not attract the green crowds who prefer yelling always yelling ...

Vanessa92 wrote:If I could make up for everything my apartment consumes in electricity I will do it but I do not know how to do it. Ditto for everything else, I sort the waste but it is not enough.

Well, it's better to consume less, not to compensate ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Loremo

by Christophe » 29/11/07, 15:05

Vanessa92 wrote:But I find it strange that it is marketed by an "unknown" box, in fact it is not BM, Ford or Renault ... it is a German start up!

Yes it's that kind of fact that might suggest collusion Petroleum-builders-State ... as the abandonment of the most promising prototypes (Citroën ECO2000 in 1983 who was ... 3L / 100). ..

Vanessa92 wrote:Ca finally released in 2009-2010 so whilst I still pollutes as much when I use my old 2006 : Cry:

A 2006? Waw is a nouvo model?
0 x