Rigorous winter 2011, volcanic winter?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Philippe BRUNO
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Philippe BRUNO » 27/03/11, 11:46

To broaden the debate but stay in the theme:
I heard (radio or TV I do not know anymore) some time ago that the mass of the glaciers (mountain and especially poles) was such that the ground below was crushed, and that the melting of these made that this The soil was gradually released from this pressure and could move to stabilize again.

Is right ? I do not know anything about it!

But this theory seems likely to me and that would explain the violence of the current earthquakes, the violence of the eruptions (help, the earth revolts !!!)

I know, some will give me examples of catastrophes in past centuries, but was it at this rate?

Basis of reflection ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/11, 20:24

Mmmm ca is discussed, as much as I want to believe this effect for polar glaciers (3000m ice, it weighs ...) as for mountain glaciers I have serious doubts because the differences in the respective masses are all the same huge ... a mountain glacier rarely exceeds the 100m thick no?

Then it seems to me that big earthquakes are at the level of faults, not mountains (exception: the Andean mountain range very close to a fault).

After am not geologist ... so if you could find the source it would be good (google is your friend) : Idea:

What do others think?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/03/11, 20:34

A bit true, but as these eruptions of volcanoes and earthquakes reproduce statistically regularly, (strength 8 to 9 with huge tsunami leaving traces in geology, off Sendai every 1100 years and expected to 99% for in the 30 years that followed 2002 or 2007, the last one was in 869 !!) the melting of glaciers changes little things, just a small fluctuation in the frequency, especially in regions with 2 3Km in thickness of glaciers there is 20000ans, like North America and Norway !!

I learned with this show Arte that the huge eruption of 1783 in Iceland had killed all over Europe by the ashes full of very harmful fluorine in addition to sulfur and sulfuric acid, and currently if that happens again ( inevitable in the long term), we would also be fragile.
0 x