Kyot'home food?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Kyot'home food?

by Bibiphoque » 16/03/06, 07:48

Hello,
Given this morning to the Belgian TV, a mini report on the econological side for food, indeed the greater part of people throw away food because it has expired.
The speech was to try to the maximum to consume without casts, for example, use dry bread to toast so do not throw.
I do not remember the numbers of what is thrown, but it was amazing! : Shock:
The same idea goes further, by changing our buying habits not only save you money, but all the energy costs involved in the production, processing, storage and transportation of goods currently jettées.
This is not an idea that it is good?
: Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/06, 09:03

I heard the same story ... so far I have neither the name of the organizer of the study body nor the precise numbers. Ca c'est bete could make a nice new ...

On the other hand I had read a while ago that the food mess in the USA amounted to 30% (in mass) ... in other words 1 Kg of meat on 3 is spoiled on the other side of the Atlantic ...

lamentable : Evil:
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

kyot'home food?

by denis » 16/03/06, 09:23

Yes, it is alluring, I can not understand. People all say that it is the "misery" but they never have so much to waste! and it is precisely those who waste the most! It looks ridiculous but at home you do not waste, some say I'm stingy, but as my grandmother said "at home, we do not attach dogs with sausages!" Eg. the crumbs of the table after the meal are thrown out for the birds, we always finish the bread before going out of table (jam, cheese), the disadvantage is that we never fall right, when we are greedy : Lol: . Parreil Water :on keeps spreading as soon as one is not used more, BUT NOT SAVING RADIN !!! :D . The number of children who come to eat at home, and asks the nouriture, then the left on the plate for "garbage" (EVER !!: dog, cats hen .. :D :D ) Is incredible, often family with credit to the neck !!!! although outside of this area to shine! :P .L'éducation Be redone for: waste, envy, jallousie, parraitre ... what makes the misfortune of the people, : Arrow: ZEN! and food packages to know that it takes an incredible amount of Carbon to produce meat !!!! eat in, but in moderation (already heard that qelq hand! : Lol: )
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 16/03/06, 18:48

If I remember correctly this is 1 / 4 our food which in France goes to the trash.

In short it is true that he must be careful, but it is also the responsibility of supermarkets that make specials for large quantities or near DLC products ...

In the same way, our hectic life makes us buy on Saturdays quantities of things because we can not do it during the week, and sometimes for nothing ...

You really have to change our behavior. It is also true that for many people, there is a disaffection of the food and its preparation. We lose a lifestyle ... : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/06, 18:56

Let's not forget one thing: the waste is more wealth for the sellers of the "waste matter" ... So for the GDP the waste is WELL!
: Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 16/03/06, 19:16

Well, uh, no chai if not wasting food is econological, but it makes sense.

Besides chai not how do you waste food or fo ill to shop or be poorly manage or take too much money (and it's not a reason), or just to be a pig .
Although, a pig that eats everything and not waste it.
Anyway, on that side, I never wasted, besides me crazy that the balls to throw food.
For the bread is impossible to spoil, very good grilled with butter morning at lil lunch.
The food waste is something I do not understand.
When I take a food is that it is not good, and in this case, well I take upon myself, and I told myself that I have done, and I would buy rained in.
I have always forbidden myself to spoil eating, and it is very easy not to spoil, it is enough to have good habits.
Once we catch them is not possible to waste.
And it's also true that when you cook a minimum, you can easily accomodate the leftovers and make a good meal.

With a little organization of courage and will, it is very easy not to eat the spoil
:D
0 x
khartoum
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by khartoum » 16/03/06, 23:53

Hello,
in terms of waste, I know not!
I must say that my father there 3 dogs and three cats.
But above 2 huge freezers that can preserve meat bought in large quantities (especially pork and poultry).
And then there's the icing on the cake ... the bread maker, certe a constraint (what that watch the breadmaker turn is more interesting than watching Cauet : Lol: ), But after a few tries it out of this tool a product of such high quality, it often left to eat cheese !!!
Little trick for the machine:
Always use wholemeal bread program that increases the time of sunrise paton.
Just a tip for the meal:
Francine multigrain bread + dry leaven
Albona multigrain unleavened, it is already in (strong rye goùt).
Albona Ciabatta is classic white bread.

It is found first in supermarkets and other 2 in the German hard discount like Aldi, Lidl, even those who provide us with rapeseed oil;) (Ps: I burn the bottles to warm me !!!).

If my father did a summer garden, which allows for tastiest tomatoes.
I will try to convert it to RCW branched;).
For the garden, small address found on www.onpeutlefaire.com :
www.seedfest.co.uk/
This is a site that sells non-hybrid vegetable seeds.

Here.
0 x
A CX is Bo ... But it's rusty !!! :(
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 27/06/06, 11:44

Khartoum wrote:Hello,
... I will try to convert it to RCW ramified ;).
For the garden, small address found on www.onpeutlefaire.com :
www.seedfest.co.uk/
This is a site that sells non-hybrid vegetable seeds.

Here.

Hello,
It would not rather fragmented ??
: Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Shock: : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
khartoum
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by khartoum » 27/06/06, 15:28

Hello,
Yeah, it's fragmented, I'm wrong all the time : Cheesy:
And that's it for that matter, it's done. But as I have an ax to RCW I mulched over. It's amazing such as tomatoes are better off !!!
Conclusion, straw your tomatoes (at least 15 cm of mulching) water the 1ère times and after water 1 times a week that's enough. To check that the mulching works well just lift it and see that it is always fresh and wet!
It's impressive how fresh it is when you're in the middle of the day :D

We can do mulch with anything: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paillis
Well it was a bit HS this post but ...
0 x
A CX is Bo ... But it's rusty !!! :(
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 27/06/06, 17:19

Cristophe, it could be interesting to make a post (or other) specific on this: give your recipes to not waste food packages.

One might find recipes or tips for recovering food "obsolete" (I put that term in quotes because some lapsed dates are so ridiculous it borders on fraud. They even put DLC on salt : Shock: )
    composting,
    recipe noodles gallettes (kids love)
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding