Geoengineering: cool the Earth against warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/07/13, 19:44

In the Western imagination, what cannot be exploited constitutes a real scandal ...

How awful! A surface that is useless! Who does not intervene in the creation of value!
Quickly, let's apply the law of maximum agitation: let's green the deserts while continuing to destroy the fertile soils ... : Cry:

[edit] Excuse me Chatelot, this mood swings does not concern you, but when I hear the word "useful", I pull out my keyboard (and of my hinges, Cf Desertec!).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/07/13, 20:30

It is not the first time that you get out of your hinges every time I talk about watering the desert ...

I have no desert in my garden ... and I am not responsible either for the ecological error which destroys certain fertile ground

there is only one thing that is sure, the earth is not big enough to do anything no matter how
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/07/13, 20:42

Yes but chatelot, before thinking of a lung transplant, it may be wiser to start to quit smoking? :frown:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/07/13, 20:59

... and I am not responsible either for the ecological errors which destroy certain fertile ground

This is why you were not targeted by my rant! 8)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/07/13, 21:37

sen-no-sen wrote:Yes but chatelot, before thinking of a lung transplant, it may be wiser to start to quit smoking? :frown:

stop wasting to avoid trying to produce more? why should we choose?

you need both at the same time! that those who have the skills to produce more or better do it ... that those who can afford to order to waste less do it too

it would be very sad to stop all technical progress as long as those who order continue to waste!

especially when stopping wasting in rich countries can mean blocking the situation and pushing back those who are in countries where we lack everything

progress must be continued ... well, real useful progress, not false progress

the comparison with smoking is bad because smoking is completely useless, so it is obvious that it should be avoided (and I am lucky to have never smoked) but here we are talking about energy consumption of all kinds. .. stop consuming any energy, it's easy, we stop making, and we buy what the Chinese make, polluting even more!

we modernized our factories in France, then we closed them by economic and political error when they were able to pollute much less, to have the same thing done in China or it is done anyhow
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/07/13, 21:47

It seems difficult to oppose technical progress and waste: it is the first that allows the second ...

As for the argument that impoverished countries would be penalized by stopping "progress", it would be time to question the content of this concept ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/07/13, 21:51

chatelot16 wrote:the comparison with smoking is bad because smoking is completely useless, so it is obvious that it should be avoided (and I am lucky to have never smoked) but here we are talking about energy consumption of all kinds. .. stop consuming any energy, it's easy, we stop making, and we buy what the Chinese make, polluting even more!

Without wanting to launch a philosophical reflection, I would like you to define for me the notion of "utility" ...?

People smoke for fun, but in fact they are "addicted" ... and it ends in illnesses, sometimes fatal.

When deforestation is practiced, it is mainly to allow livestock farming, in order to feed populations that have been made addicted to meat food, a direct consequence of the current development model.
Studies show that such practices are very harmful to health directly or indirectly (soil erosion resulting in floods and loss of fertile land, climate change, obesity and cancer etc ...).
My comparison with cigarettes was therefore not innocent.
The big problem of our society is that wanting to have fun (please do what they say on TV!) You end up destroying yourself slowly!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/07/13, 22:24

The breeding of "meat animals", of course, but also of agro-fuels to maintain our addiction to cars, agro-industrial crops based on junk food in the West ...

To put it bluntly, there is a balance (?) Between the impoverished countries forced to destroy everything to survive by producing underpaid goods and the rich countries which inject the various drugs which allow them to support their psychological misery.
0 x
matx
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

the solution

by matx » 22/09/13, 11:39

Bonjour.

I have a 5th solution for everything to work out on the planet, but this one was not obviously proposed.

Ultimate solution but not easy to achieve:

Touch nothing more, it will be much better.

Because by wanting to "improve" everything you destroy everything and you with it.

Bonne journée.
0 x
The free energy is expensive. ^^
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/09/13, 12:47

utility of eating meat? to live in a rustic way in cold countries, meat or fish is essential to have enough energy! ... for a sedentary life in France, meat is much less useful

but meat is not addictive like tobacco ... many people with a difficult end of the month are already reducing meat consumption to the bare minimum

not only is tobacco not useful, but it is harmful like a drug, trapped by addiction: whoever fell into the trap never stops paying, once with money, and a 2nd time with health problems
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."