EDF Voltalis, you owe us your energy savings

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

EDF Voltalis, you owe us your energy savings

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 09:44

This new hallucinator has just fallen ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
Edf will be compensated for ... the electrical energy savings made by some customers.

If the boxes of Voltalis are not the boxes playing on the cos phi (scam) then I do not see how EDF would claim a shortfall ...

What is this mafia system? : Shock: : Shock:

EDF will be compensated for the energy savings made by its customers [18 / 07 / 09 - 11H57 - AFP]

The operator Voltalis, which markets boxes to reduce electricity consumption, will have to pay compensation to EDF to compensate for the shortfall, it was learned Saturday from the manufacturer, confirming information Parisian.

According to a deliberation by the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) dated July 9 and which has just been published, the law requires Voltalis to remunerate suppliers "for the energy injected but not consumed by its customers".

The alternative electricity suppliers (Direct Energie, GDF Suez, Poweo ...) joined EDF's request, but "the customers concerned are mainly at EDF", told AFP Pierre Bivas, CEO of Voltalis.

The level of this "tax", which "should enter into force within a year at the latest" according to him, has not yet been set.

"This decision is contrary to the interests of the consumer and constitutes an obstacle to competition", protested Mr. Bivas, who therefore reserves "the possibility of resorting to all legal remedies" to challenge it.
Founded in 2007, Voltalis markets a box which is installed on the electrical circuit and makes it possible to "modulate over time and thus optimize the consumption of certain electrical equipment (radiators, hot water tanks, air conditioners, etc.) ".

According to the group, this system results in a reduction in annual electricity consumption "up to 5 to 10%". For its part, EDF did not wish to "comment on a decision of CRE which is a sovereign and independent authority", a spokesperson told AFP.

"Experiments are being carried out to check the efficiency of the Voltalis system and EDF reminds us that the company is resolutely committed to energy control with its customers," she added.

Source: http://www.lesechos.fr/info/energie/afp ... r=RSS-2007
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 09:49

After a quick check on http://www.voltalis.com/, it does not seem like a "miracle box" seller since, if I understood correctly, Viktakus is based on the "modulation" of the load of the EDF RTE network in order to limit or avoid the use of "auxiliary" power plants ... in fact Edf RTE could very well have managed such a system himself "themselves" .... see the problems in Brittany ...

Here is a pdf explanation: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... omHS8p.pdf

So who's the scammer?
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/07/09, 10:04

I heard that on the radio this morning, and I did not understand well ...
After reading the pdf, I do not understand why this company should donate money to EDF!
The result seems equivalent to the system of off-peak hours marketed by EDF ... (more effective since it is dynamic)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 10:25

I think I understand very well: these are MAFIUS methods of EDF ... I even speak more of "justice" ...: Evil: : Evil:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 20/07/09, 10:34

Next step: attack manufacturers and installers of insulation, high-performance glazing, low-consumption appliances to their liking, etc.

But what does Total do? What are they waiting for to claim compensation to EDF for each electric vehicle marketed? for each oil boiler replaced by a heat pump? After all, it's a shortfall for the tankers!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/07/09, 10:34

Maybe an idea: they say they are in contact with RTE I think. Maybe their contract does not allow them to use the data that way?
(but in any case, it's a shame because if we can avoid starting coal plants, that's what I care)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/07/09, 10:54

this system results in a reduction in annual electricity consumption "up to 5 to 10%".

the pdf is blurry and I am only half convinced by Voltalis. It is more about managing consumption hours than saving energy. this box may reduce the bill, as we could do it ourselves with a suitable controller, but in my opinion not the total energy consumed. Go ahead and demonstrate that for year A you consumed 5% more or less than year B whose "thermal profile" is different.

How much does this little wonder cost?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 10:56

No elephant, because your PLC will never have the current load of the network ... unless it is in connection with the RTE ... not easy therefore to "tinker" ...

No idea of ​​the price but it is apparently a subscription otherwise the article would not say "operator" ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/07/09, 11:42

elephant wrote:the pdf is vague and I am only half convinced by Voltalis. It's more about managing hours of consumption than saving energy.

That's what I thought at first, BUT I told myself the following:
If consumption is better distributed, we have two effects:
- a coal power station avoids starting during the peak that should have occurred (on this we must all agree)
- consumption will be passed on during a dip in load, which means that it will "affect" the production of a nuclear power station. However, this plant has an almost constant production, so the energy that we are using at this time would have been lost (since we are reaching a low consumption).

In summary, I haveimpressions that we have consumed the same amount of energy on the customer side, but that we have saved energy on the production side. (this is only an impression, no certainty)
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/07/09, 11:53

Christophe wrote:No idea of ​​the price but it is apparently a subscription otherwise the article would not say "operator" ...

On the radio they said it was a free service.
From what I understand (but I'm wrong maybe), it is RTE who remunerates them thanks to the savings that RTE makes.
This company would transfer part of its earnings to "members".
(Remember that the "member" does not save money vis-à-vis EDF since it only defers its consumption. If it wins, it is necessarily thanks to the company cited)
0 x