co² and warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
thejoker
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

co² and warming

by thejoker » 26/06/07, 14:00

Hello
I ask myself the following question
how the co² which is heavier than air: 1,5 times,
and which therefore flows like water on the ground
which therefore cannot rise in the air

how then can it reinforce a "greenhouse effect"?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/06/07, 15:38

Gases do not react like liquids

it is a phenomenon discovered by Mr. Dalton who gave his name to this law: Dalton's law http://plongee.amiral.free.fr/formation ... ltonn4.htm

we learn that in scuba diving courses

or how each gaseous compound will always tend to take up all the available volume

But it is true that the question may seem relevant, besides why do we say that ozone remains at altitude?
Ozone is found in fairly high concentrations in the Earth's stratosphere, mainly at an altitude between 15 and 20 km. Ozone strongly absorbs ultraviolet rays, we speak of stratospheric ozone as being the "good ozone" because it protects us, and protects plants and animals, from UV radiation which would be fatal.

Because ozone is produced by UV, see: http://perso.orange.fr/michel.hubin/cap ... ozone1.htm

Just as the CO2 produced by human industries will tend to stagnate first near the ground before rising gently according to the winds and Dalton's law 8)
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
thejoker
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by thejoker » 26/06/07, 16:03

so why in the caves, the wells
it is not in height?

are the winds taking it to 10 meters?
0 x
Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 26/06/07, 16:30

I would have asked the question to my chemistry teacher but he got a little angry against us these days and I don't prefer to wake him up ... dsl
But it is true that a gas takes all the volume available to it ...
But what do you mean by "1,5 times heavier than air" since air is a mixture of gases? well, I believe.
Like what really should not quarrel with the teachers!
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
thejoker
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by thejoker » 26/06/07, 17:20

according to the calculations on the mass of co² on the planet
it would not represent more than 0,13 millimeter thick
and moreover it takes all the available space on the ground to need it to go up for lack of space the other gases being more volatile than him

the air is composed of nitrogen o² aron co²
Nitrogen (N2) 78,09%
Oxygen (O2) 20,95%
Argon (A) 0,93%
Carbon dioxide (CO2) 0,035%
http://www.educnet.education.fr/obter/appliped/circula/theme/atmos22.htm

co² is heavier than o² and nitrogen
0 x
Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 26/06/07, 17:58

Ok for the "heaviest"
I still ask the teacher the question (he seems to have digested), he will answer me and we will have the answer, that's for sure!
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/07, 18:30

I am in contact with a person who defends exactly the same thesis: CO2 is not responsible for the greenhouse effect.

Certainly, but then when we ask him: "Ok but then what makes the alpine glaciers melt" he answers "they melt from ... below" :?: :?: :?:

It seems to me that I had already explained his thesis on forums...

For the 0.13 mm layer it is an absolute blank argument because it would be the same (or almost I have not checked your calculations) for the ozone layer if we put it at sea level. as much as it has no influence on the planet? : Shock:

ps: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post53983.html#53983
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/07, 18:32

Here I found the thesis of the guy in question, it starts in the middle of this page: https://www.econologie.com/forums/un-scienti ... t2883.html
0 x
thejoker
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by thejoker » 26/06/07, 18:43

I understood well even by reading everything
how the greenhouse effect works

and is the 0,005% co² density sufficient while it is established that it is not aloft, to raise the temperature?

a greenhouse effect ca apour aim to prevent hot air from "blowing away"

the co² thus constituted a waterproof barrier of the ground? where is he most concentrated?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/06/07, 00:10

thejoker wrote:[...] a greenhouse effect ca apour aim to prevent hot air from "flying away"

the co² thus constituted a waterproof barrier of the ground? where is he most concentrated?
It did absolutely nothing to do with that ...

Go see on the post of the negationists (which it seems that you are part of ...) you will have answers to your questions.

For the 0.13 mm thick layer, it's really monstrous bullshit that would be fun if we didn't know that some people distill this type of information for the sole purpose of minimizing the responsibility of man in the spirit of vulgus-pecum...

Question: how does a balloon probe for example to measure CO2 in the middle of the atmosphere if it is supposed to stagnate on the ground? : roll:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."