Workshop-laboratory for technological projects: meeting

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

more complex to my impression

by dedeleco » 01/03/10, 01:41

The practical case of this video insists that this wind closes in a wind in a cylinder to withstand the wind and operates in low wind opening and closes to regulate the rotation in stronger wind.
The problem is the value of the maximum wind, let's say 200Km / h at the top of the mountain then with 100Kilos of force by m2 and this wind turbine of section 1m2 with the pif the force to undergo is 400Kilos for this wind (we take the square of the speed ). I am not quite convinced and sure that the arms of the support resist this force !!!
Otherwise the wings operate in thrust throughout the rotation with lift because the wind sneaks through the slits of complex shape. There is always an open slot in front.
They do not seek maximum efficiency but solidity by a simplicity that seems almost credible.
However the wind turbine narrow blades for the same diameter and the same power has much less wind gain in high wind (less strength to resist) but may be working less well in weak wind, because does not turn fast enough, although it depends on the drive mode of the alternator. The difference is that with the horizontal axis propeller you need more regulation to orient the propeller, adjust the pitch of the blades and the speed of rotation. Such complex regulation is a source of unacceptable failures in the mountains and which are avoided with a simple mechanism that closes the blades that are rather doors ajar !!
This mountain wind turbine must be patented and protected with plans not found ???
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 01/03/10, 09:03

Hi dedeleco,
Thank you for this info. The maximum performance in this case is not my first priority. That said, I do not neglect this important point.
What interests me is resistance, adaptability to strong winds. 200 km / h is a ceiling rarely reached and I do not know who resists this force. I was expecting more 120 max. But the common Achilles heel is the central axis.
That said, I am not determined to build exactly this wind turbine there.
I have ideas of adaptations of this concept while keeping this ingenious principle of adaptation to the forces in presence. As Mom is pissed off and for a while, the resistance to his tantrums becomes a point less and less negligible. In the near future, it will probably be with a ceiling of 200km / h, I join you.
However, to be able to study or evolve models, it takes time, logistical and financial resources.
So I would like to go on the construction of a simple wind turbine, inexpensive and adaptable in the city. I could make my hand, capitalize and then start a business. From there, I would be able to look for improvements and even new models. I have some ideas but few means. Like we all do.
:frown:
The place where I live does not even allow me to build models. I am stuck at the theoretical stage. I still have a lot of gaps in math / physics to fill but I would like to practice in parallel. That's the reason for my post, I'm looking for help to practice.
The plans are on the internet, patented of course, I have no figures against.
Part of the torque is lost in the opening or closing of the "airfoil" for the benefit of the flexibility of the system.
If you have ideas for improvements to this concept, I'm interested.
Thanks again.
Hello.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X