Next Generation Car - NexGeC

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 23/05/08, 23:02

ditto, the idea is good but the very different reality, we are not talking at all about the same dangerousness I think, it is not comparable ... so multiplying them for the benefit of all nuclear makes you think ...
besides, what does "dirty" actually mean?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/05/08, 02:08

Philippe Schutt wrote:Electric cars have been developed for years. I drove an electric sax in 2001, no complaints. The only problems encountered were the autonomy and the lifespan of the batteries.
-Autonomy
if I remember correctly, PSA announced 200km, but no one probably managed to hold them.
-The batteries
these were cadmium-nikel batteries, theoretically rechargeable more than 1000 times. However, for fear of running out of fuel, users kept them charged, hence the appearance of the memory effect and loss of autonomy.

The 2 problems could have been solved very simply by the usual methods:
- Mandatory standardization of battery packs
- setting up of block exchanges in service stations, with standardized handling system.
- station equipment agreements, a bit like for LPG.
- pricing pushing the conductors to drain the batteries as much as possible
So the customer could have exchanged his or her blocks, whatever his car, and as late as possible. The batteries would have effectively held 1000 recharges and autonomy would no longer have been a problem.
The economy cars would have had 2-3 blocks, the larger ones. In addition, these blocks could have been emptied sequentially, to guarantee proper use.

The effort has been made for LPG, and could very well be made for electricity, but will gas station attendants agree given the LPG fiasco?

Finally, we must remain aware that this only displaces the problem, the pollution due to electricity production is not less than that due to the combustion of petrol, quite the contrary.
Consequently, and except to have a roof in PV, the improvement of the engines was undoubtedly the way of the least evil.

: Shock: Houla, I disagree with many of your statements ...
1 / The electric cars offered in France are far from being to the point as were the Toyota RAV4 EV or GM EV1 offered in the USA
2 / NiCd batteries in French cars can last 100.000 km and more than 10 years if used properly.
3 / The memory effect on NiCd batteries from French EVs is an inappropriate term for a completely reversible phenomenon. Conveniently maintained and used, they can regain their original capacity and autonomy ...
4 / LPG is not a fiasco, it is a marginal fuel, as was Natural Gas (methane) in the 60s.
5 / Electric propulsion offers yields that gasoline propulsion can never achieve, which can never fill its tank during descents or braking ...
The solution with internal combustion engine consists in using them as a high-efficiency on-board generator supplying electricity to EVs.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/05/08, 08:46

they were not as successful, however the engine control unit was guaranteed 1 km and if I remember correctly there was already a recovery under braking and The Kangoo Electro'road did have a small integrated generator. But there was much less decorum.
With 1000 recharges, we should be able to drive more than 100 km, indeed. The memory effect: we could not buy the batteries because of that, only rent them ... at 000 Frs / month or 750 full at the time.
The efficiency of an electric motor is top, it is the production / distribution that are losses and pollution. If this production were non-polluting, solar for example, the supremacy of the electric would be indisputable.
The energy of descents and decelerations could very well be used in our petrol cars. for example, since we talked about it I often pass neutral. at one time cars were equipped with an automatic clutch. and often I only put the air conditioning in the slowdowns. in town that's enough to keep the car at a correct temperature. Overall I gain 1L / 100, but I attribute 0,5 to the pipe more flow than it induces.
Some had imagined recovering the energy from the end of braking in a spring to restart the car and avoid the use of 1st gear.
the LPG has remained very marginal, precisely. the high investment for a gas station makes it financially a fiasco for those who have launched.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 24/05/08, 11:11

When it comes to the efficiency of the electric car, its ease in setting up systems for recovering energy from braking is incomparable to that of heat engines. Energy recovery on heat engines has been proposed several times with inertial storage systems, springs, or on hybrids by coupling with an electrical system. To my knowledge, inertial storage has only been implemented on certain versions of heavy vehicles (rotating disc in the floor of some trams ...), spring storage is experimental, and hybrids ... run ...

I think that the distinction between vehicles of different sizes is important: for short journeys, a small vehicle or a motorbike may suffice and have only an electric motor and reduced autonomy. For longer journeys with transport of several people (if not motorbike ...) we can however consider a larger vehicle (sedan, station wagon, SUV, minivan?) which then allows the additional complexity and space required to set up a hybrid system: electricity and biogas ... : Cheesy:

On the other hand, as far as electrical production is concerned, I agree with Philippe, electricity is a displacement overall, a displacement of production. Particularly in France, where there is both displacement and spreading of pollution: displacement because the bog sites are quite far from the production sites, and spread over time because the waste that we have on our hands for many thousands of years! I would like us to stop paying soon enough for the easy onset of cancer and mutations in future generations!

In addition, taking into account the complete cycle of production of nuclear electricity, we see that in addition to a significant production of radioactive waste, it also produces conventional waste, such as CO2. See the report of the ookeo institute on the comparative analysis of CO2 production per kWhe of different production modes: http://www.oeko.de/service/gemis/files/ ... te2006.pdf

However, if the energy production policy changes, or if individuals take enough responsibility to make it change !? Thus, projects of the ZEN type (http://www.cythelia.fr/lamaisonzen/accueil.html) consider a zero energy balance over the year, while taking into account car travel as an inevitable expense of housing: the car is recharged in the home sector, but this sector is coupled both to EDF and to panels solar roofs, resulting in a net energy balance, zero over the year.

The option of an electric vehicle is a very attractive solution for me in the medium term, but we must continue to defend the majority use of renewable electricity.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 24/05/08, 14:18

Philippe Schutt wrote:yes the air seems breathable near the power stations. but in 200 years? 500? 2000? do you ostrich ??
your reasoning is simply to discard the problem on our children. I cannot agree.
As long as we do not have a local and little polluting electricity production, there is only an apparent gain, not real.

If there is someone who does not discard the problem and tries not to transfer it to our children, it is me. The biggest problem at the moment is to stop consuming jerky oil.

We agree that by switching to the electric one will not go from all black to all white. But to say that the fact that it is not all white is a bad solution and that suddenly stay black, I find it a little silly as reasoning.

Especially with the electric, THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY to run on renewable energy. Indeed for the moment it is hardly possible, but it remains possible, so the electric can become increasingly clean as the share of renewable energy increases.

And with a policy of reducing the weight of the vehicle, the energy required decreases considerably. For example, with my electric scooter, I did my 32Km daily with 1kWh of electricity. Compare with 2.5 liters of SP95, or about 25kWh when I was taking my car.

I repeat myself but with the electric and the will, there is the possibility of gradually switching to clean energy. Even to produce it directly at home (and in the case of my scooter for example, 1kWh per day is not very difficult to produce ...). Oil is certainly not the case, whatever happens. And question yield, you say that it is not terrible because it is necessary to transport the electricity. Yes, but what about oil, shouldn't it be transported? And above all, there is no need to extract it, to refine it?
If we take the example of extracting oil from the tar sands, or you have to consume 1 barrel of oil to extract 2, the more I don't know how many millions of liters of water, I think it's very strong in terms of yield / pollution.

Otherwise, at the level of the existing electric fleet and / or having existed, the big problem is that the manufacturers have adapted an electric propulsion on vehicles ... not at all adapted, because much too heavy.

And the problem of rental batteries has in my opinion also participated in the widespread flop of electric vehicles.
Last edited by nlc the 24 / 05 / 08, 15: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/05/08, 15:36

nlc wrote:And the problem of rental batteries has in my opinion also participated in the widespread flop of electric vehicles.

+1 on everything.

The French VE Flop was wanted. Electricity works, nobody disputes it (100 years ago EVs broke speed, 100kmh in 1899, or autonomy records).

There are far too many interests at stake to allow the electric vehicle to democratize. Approach NexGec is therefore justified to prove the viability of a RATIONAL VE ...
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 24/05/08, 18:10

How fast does a battery charge from static electricity? I don't know how long it takes, but if we take the time, it works:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/charge-d-u ... t1173.html

It can be crazy enough to recover static electricity or the weak but many electromagnetic waves that we send everywhere permanently: see the messages left on this post talking about radios ... Can be in parallel with NexGeC there are- is it an interesting job for a few DIY enthusiasts on the easy vehicle charging facilities?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 24/05/08, 18:24

Static electricity is very strong in voltage but very low in amperage (fortunately for us)
There is very little to recover and especially it goes beyond the framework of this idea of ​​creating a vehicle with the means on board.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 24/05/08, 19:46

In fact, the idea is not to make a very complex machine that would permanently capture the electrostatic energy on the vehicle, but more in the continuity of my post before, to know if there is not there a simple way to recover renewable energy from fixed stations?

The assembly presented by Christophe did not seem very complicated ... I wondered how long it would take to recharge batteries on a domestic installation recovering static electricity and the loss of household appliances?
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 24/05/08, 19:54

A few years...
0 x