Next Generation Car - NexGeC

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
delnoram

by delnoram » 23/05/08, 19:33

citro wrote:
10% or 10 ° :?:
You mean a 10 ° oblique cut instead of a 90 ° straight cut, right?

No Citro is 10%, 10cm long and 1cm thick, like a rib which is generally given as a percentage rather than a degree.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 23/05/08, 19:54

Anyway I think the car of the future is 2 wheels.
The comfort of a 4 wheeler is good, but it is far too energy intensive, the ratio of payload transported / weight to be moved is far too low, even if everything is optimized to the maximum at the level of the chassis.
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 23/05/08, 20:01

Hello Nlc

I am your motorcycle electrification
You really have the niac ...

I appreciate NO I admire

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 23/05/08, 20:30

Electric cars have been developed for years. I drove an electric sax in 2001, no complaints. The only problems encountered were the autonomy and the lifespan of the batteries.
-Autonomy
if I remember correctly, PSA announced 200km, but no one probably managed to hold them.
-The batteries
these were cadmium-nikel batteries, theoretically rechargeable more than 1000 times. However, for fear of running out of fuel, users kept them charged, hence the appearance of the memory effect and loss of autonomy.

The 2 problems could have been solved very simply by the usual methods:
- Mandatory standardization of battery packs
- setting up of block exchanges in service stations, with standardized handling system.
- station equipment agreements, a bit like for LPG.
- pricing pushing the conductors to drain the batteries as much as possible
So the customer could have exchanged his or her blocks, whatever his car, and as late as possible. The batteries would have effectively held 1000 recharges and autonomy would no longer have been a problem.
The economy cars would have had 2-3 blocks, the larger ones. In addition, these blocks could have been emptied sequentially, to guarantee proper use.

The effort has been made for LPG, and could very well be made for electricity, but will gas station attendants agree given the LPG fiasco?

Finally, we must remain aware that this only displaces the problem, the pollution due to electricity production is not less than that due to the combustion of petrol, quite the contrary.
Consequently, and except to have a roof in PV, the improvement of the engines was undoubtedly the way of the least evil.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 23/05/08, 20:36

Philippe Schutt wrote:Finally, we must remain aware that this only displaces the problem, the pollution due to electricity production is not less than that due to the combustion of petrol, quite the contrary.

I always had to understand this kind of argument! The pile of crap produced by the combustion of gasoline or diesel has no electrical equivalent.
And electricity can be produced in many ways, unlike gasoline.

Philippe Schutt wrote:Consequently, and except to have a roof in PV, the improvement of the engines was undoubtedly the way of the least evil.

The improvement of which engines ?? Heat engines? Less bad?
I have to dream sometimes !!? :?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 23/05/08, 21:26

NLC, you still should not veil your face 80% of the electricity comes from the atom.
The problem of battery life and cost remains unresolved.
On the other hand I am of your opinion going to 2 wheels allows to considerably reduce what makes the use of batteries more economically viable.
If you accept it when I am in Nantes I would love to see what you do.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/05/08, 21:32

nlc wrote:Anyway I think the car of the future is 2 wheels.
The comfort of a 4 wheeler is good, but it is far too energy intensive, the ratio of payload transported / weight to be moved is far too low, even if everything is optimized to the maximum at the level of the chassis.
The 2 wheel aerodynamic then! Because when we see the consumption of motorcycles over 125 cm3, it's still scary!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/05/08, 21:34

Philippe Schutt wrote:[...] Finally, we must remain aware that this only displaces the problem, the pollution due to electricity production is not less than that due to the combustion of petrol, quite the contrary. [.. .]
Well ... it depends on what we're talking about.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 23/05/08, 21:48

Yes for the atom, of course. But the air is not unbreathable near the power plant?
So to say that the pollution generated by electric vehicles is deported elsewhere, I do not agree, it is incomparable.

To come see me, no problem, just contact me to set up an appointment.

Otherwise efficiency level, even if there are losses during the manufacture and transport of electricity, it remains the least dirty energy. And electricity with a little will can be made simply.

At the vehicle engine level, the performance is incomparable. I was for example last week in Saint Nazaire to try my controller on the engines of the Smera (presented at the Geneva Motor Show 2008), we were at 95% of engine efficiency, and 96% of efficiency for the controller (which could be much better with higher tension, but this choice was not retained).

For me the future of the car is electricity, but it will not work without a big reduction in weight. We have entered a monstrous vicious circle where vehicles are gaining more and more weight under the pretext of safety and the number of stars in the crash test.

2 light vehicles hitting each other will not do more damage, death or injury than 2 heavy vehicles hitting each other. The problem is that the heavy and the light that collide is largely against the light. When everyone drives a 4x4, people will no longer feel safe and will drive in a truck. This race for safety illustrates well the debility of the human being.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 23/05/08, 22:03

yes the air seems breathable near the power stations. but in 200 years? 500? 2000? do you ostrich ??
your reasoning is simply to discard the problem on our children. I cannot agree.
As long as we do not have a local and little polluting electricity production, there is only an apparent gain, not real.
0 x