Conference day: biofuels of tomorrow

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Conference day: biofuels of tomorrow

by Christophe » 04/09/07, 16:32

We inform you that ValBiom organizes on Wednesday 7 November in Gembloux its 4ème Rencontres de la Biomasse entitled:

What resources for tomorrow's biofuels?

The morning will be devoted to a presentation of the state of the wood energy sector in the Walloon Region and to alternative sources of biomass in particular. miscanthus or coppice with very short rotation.

Presentations on the manufacture of agro-pellets, on the quality criteria of solid biofuels and on the specificities of biomass heaters will be offered in the afternoon. The day will end with a round table animated by Walloon and foreign actors intervening at the different levels of these new sectors.

If you wish to receive an invitation, contact us at info@valbiom.be or + 32 81 62 71 42

Best regards,

The ValBiom team

As Miscanthus is particularly interesting to me, we have asked for invitations, so there is a good chance that we will go with Christine ... A meeting of econologists in sight?

Infos on the site: http://www.valbiom.be/

ps: Gembloux is not far from Brussels and next to Namur see carte
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/09/07, 16:54

Interesting!
Will you do a CR for those who can't make it, STP? : Wink:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/07, 12:46

We finally received the "invitation" card in fact it's not really an invitation because it's 70 € (meal included) per person for the day.

But it's still very reasonable compared to the price of some seminars (2000 € for 2 days on oil resources for example ...) ...

We will try, if allowed, to give you the max info ...
0 x
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 14/10/07, 08:03

Christophe wrote:We finally received the "invitation" card in fact it's not really an invitation because it is 70 € (meal included) per person for the day

Econology has to report to some : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/07, 14:52

Ramboman wrote:Econology has to report to some : Mrgreen:

Nothing shocking though?
Moreover it is included in the "definition" of econology ...

https://www.econologie.com/definition-de ... es-12.html
0 x
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 14/10/07, 16:45

As much for me :D
But at the limit, it amounts to marketing (a facet of my job) to create needs to encourage people to consume ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/07, 17:56

I don't understand your remark: there is nothing wrong with encouraging people to consume "sustainable" ...

We encourage you to consume in all cases in our societies as much as it is ... econological ...
0 x
Ramboman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ramboman » 15/10/07, 09:37

Excellent suget of dialectic ...
"Consume sustainably" :?:
While it is the excess of consumption which is at the origin of our ecological problems. I quote a Times article on the worst cars in the world: the Ford T : Mrgreen:

"Uh-oh. Here comes trouble. Let's stipulate that the Model T did everything that the history books say: It put America on wheels, supercharged the nation's economy and transformed the landscape in ways unimagined when the first Tin Lizzy rolled out of the factory . Well, that's just the problem, isn't it? The Model T - whose mass production technique was the work of engineer William C. Klann, who had visited a slaughterhouse's "disassembly line" - conferred to Americans the notion of automobility as something akin to natural law, a right endowed by our Creator. A century later, the consequences of putting every living soul on gas-powered wheels are piling up, from the air over our cities to the sand under our soldiers' boots. And by the way, with its blacksmithed body panels and crude instruments, the Model T was a piece of junk, the Yugo of its day. "
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/07, 14:11

Here is the day (yesterday) it went very well!

Full of numbers and docs super interesting!

Up to 25 Tons of Dry Matter (<20% humidity) per ha!

At the CO2 level: 1 ton of "wet" misanthus stores 1.8 T of CO2 if the plant is not burned and if it is burned, we estimate at 2 to 3 T of CO2 permanently stored per ha!

Short an almost miraculous plant!

I prepare a report as soon as possible ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/05/08, 21:39

Christophe wrote:[...] Up to 25 Tons of Dry Matter (<20% humidity) per ha!

At the CO2 level: 1 ton of "wet" misanthus stores 1.8 T of CO2 if the plant is not burned and if it is burned, we estimate at 2 to 3 T of CO2 permanently stored per ha!

Short an almost miraculous plant!

I prepare a report as soon as possible ...
So this CR? 8)

Well, an exhumation in order to signal something: miracles it is paid (usually on credit ...) : Cry:

And here in this case it seems to me that this plant has a certain number of characteristics invasive species, of which a very famous representative is the Japanese Knotweed ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."