Time tracking operation on boiler OKOFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV45 » 16/11/08, 13:44

Hello everybody

Sorry to bother you
er in your subject for which I cannot help you in anything : Cry: .

However the subject of wood or derivative heating and an extremely important subject as an alternative solution to have a CO² release under control. : Lol:

I am in addition to being a member of this forum, moderator of forum Chaleur Terre in which we have a section for the presentation of the installations - Wood, http://www.chaleurterre.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

in which we have a big 10 groin of presentations.

I therefore appeal to all the goodwill who would agree to give us a little presentation with some photos. All this to give ideas to our members to take the plunge : Idea:

So I can dream thanks to your participation to reach double presentations :P

I am at your disposal if you need help in this process.

You will find elsewhere in this section of the men of Econology : Mrgreen:
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 17/11/08, 23:02

swift2540 wrote:
Pear Belle Helene wrote:
the hysteresis

This is a word that I don't understand :?

It is the amplitude of a movement.
Example with a TA, setpoint temperature 20 °:
-For a gas boiler, where the start / stop cycles have no importance, a small hysteresis is set 0.5 ° c => start at 19.5 °, stop at 20.5 °

-For fuel oil or large installations, long hysteresis, up to 2 ° => start at 18 °, stop at 22 °

Understood?

@+

does this mean that the hysteresis for the Okofen boiler should be systematically at 2 ° since it is better to have long cycles?
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 17/11/08, 23:06

dirk pitt wrote:So we will see how to access the parameters that interest us on OKOFEN boilers
-Pressing the button on the left-hand side of the screen will switch on the display that normally is off. We see "pellet control" and the boiler temperature

-Two small nuts that hold the front panel of the boiler must be removed to gain access to the control board.

-by turning the wheel indicated on the picture, we make appear different parameters. The ones we are interested in are P112: start number and P113: total running time. The time of operation includes of course only the time the burner operates.

-to exit the parameters, turn the wheel until "return P100 press" and press the key.

By dividing the number of operating hours of the burner by the starting number, the average operating time of each sequence of the burner is obtained.
This parameter is the P114 but it is global so if you want to see the evolution, it will be necessary to record the values ​​at regular intervals and to calculate the number of hours and the number of start between each statement.

in fact, the P115 parameter indicates the LAST stop time and not the average stop time as I thought for a moment.

Based on what I said above, if you have an average operating time of less than 30minutes, it is necessary to suspect an oversizing or a bad parameterization of the boiler.

It would have been interesting to also have the cumulative operating time of the small pellet feed screw in the burner that would give a good idea of ​​consumption. Unfortunately, this parameter does not exist.

here; hoping that it will help you regulate your boiler at best for optimized consumption of pellets.

Can I do the same manipulation with my regul which looks different (it's the last ones they put, it's white)
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 18/11/08, 02:29

chaboum wrote:does this mean that the hysteresis for the Okofen boiler should be systematically at 2 ° since it is better to have long cycles?

First, I say that I do not know these boilers, and that I will be interested in them for later. I just gave an explanation to a word of French.
To answer the question, I will say yes and no : Lol: because what is good for the boiler is not good for comfort. 4 ° gap in a house, it feels :!:
There must be a way to play on other parameters than that of the TA.
I assume for example that the boiler aquastat has a long hysteresis (setting at 70 ° = start at 65 °, stop at 75 ° for example) the compensation for this difference towards the radiators being ensured by the v4v. But I can't say more, I don't know.
@+
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/11/08, 08:41

@chaboum

a distinction must be made between two well-separated systems on the OKOFEN:

-the heating regulator which in my photos is the black box in the center of the panel with lots of wires hanging below.
this regulation takes care of heating, DHW, manages the thermostat, the outdoor sensor, the 3-way valve, etc.

-the boiler regulator which is the electronic plate under metallic hood with the wheel that I have indicated.
this regul takes care of all the parameters of the boiler such as its power modulation, the management of the pellet, monitoring of boiler temperatures, smoke, etc,
This controller receives start and stop commands from the heating controller.

in the beginning of this post, what I quote concerns the boiler control. It may have changed, but in any case, there is no risk because most of the parameters accessed are read-only. therefore no risk of false manipulation.

the most annoying false manipulation is to go to the "language" parameter and validate an unknown language.
after to return to French, you must first know how to recognize the word "language" in the unknown language : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/08, 14:09

dirk pitt wrote:.... except by putting a "soft" proportional on the three-way valve regulator so that it avoids constantly opening and closing. it does it anyway but slowly which alleviates the problem.

How do you do that? My regul acts step by step (in my case, in both directions): we can adjust the duration of each step ??? Or the variation that each pulse generates ??? I guess it depends on the valve motor ???

There, it works well when we are in stable regime: the valve adjusts according to the temperature of the boiler and the return temperature (this rises slowly, as my tiles warm up; there are therefore, to maintain a constant flow temperature, determined by the curve, less and less hot water taken from the boiler ...).
0 x
Did67

Re: Monitoring of operating time on OKOFEN boiler

by Did67 » 30/11/08, 18:32

dirk pitt wrote:At the start of this winter, I suggest that you monitor the start-up numbers and the hours of operation of your OKOFEN pellet boiler. ....

Is that dead thread ????

So some news:

Following various adjustments, I arrive at the following data, on the 8 days of cold weather (- 2 ° to - 4 ° at night; hardly positive temperatures during the day) that we have just known:

from 22.11.2008 to 30.11.2008:

45 ignitions (P 112)
118 hrs of operation (P 113)
or average cycles of 2,5 h and about 12 h of operation per day on average
21 starts (P 251)

So few short cycles (P 251 gives start-ups with the "igniter"; when the boiler restarts from embers, P 251 is not incremented, but P 112); the ratio between the two is an indicator of the number of short cycles (the boiler stops and restarts 15 or 20 minutes later: P 112 increases but not P 251)

For information :

I lowered the minimum temperature on the regulation to 63 ° C (instead of the factory set 65 ° C / parameter 4-7 on the regul - old model)
I brought the P 263 from the boiler (nominal temperature at 67 ° C)
I lowered the compensation factor (parameter 3-6 of the regulation) from 5 to 3 (this prevents the boiler from "overreacting" in the morning by going from reduced "night" mode to normal "day" mode

With only heated floors, the starting temperature at the bottom of the curve is 25 (parameter 3-2 on the regul) and the slope of the curve is 0,8 (it was the first period of very cold since I 've, I have therefore adjusted - hence differences from what I have written previously).

I lower only 1,5 ° C at night. And the regime is 18 p.m. - 6 a.m. = reduced (18,5 ° C); 6 a.m. - 18 p.m. = normal (20 ° C). With that, it's around 19,5 around 7 a.m. and another 20 ° around 22 p.m. ...

For me, that's it, there I am called.

Surprise: in stable conditions, by these cold temperatures (even if they are not extreme), my boiler (15 kW) often "turns" at the lowest modulation level (0 to 3) from the end of the morning. ..

But I hesitate to restrain it to have "rusks" the day it will be - 20 ° C for 10 days (it is possible in Alsace).
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 30/11/08, 19:38

Well I am still at the same point since zhom did not bring a key to undo the carcass pffff the ball I swear.

In the meantime, indoor temperature is always 19 ° and at night 17 ° which is very good for us.

There it has been colder in recent days and it started once at night, I heard it I do not know around what time. In the morning it was -5 ° outside so that must explain why it turned.

On the other hand, in the kitchen this day, we only had 17/18 ° C because a strong or very strong wind entered the smallest hole (grrrr this moron of craftsman who did the work for us if I held it : Evil: ) and we may have isolated bit by bit there is still a hole. The wind even entered through the lock this noon. But hey these cases that do not happen often here in Berry ..... it is not Siberia : Mrgreen:

So heating is impeccable, except that I would like to make these readings so that you tell me if it works well.

I have to call back the heating engineer to come and set the DHW ranges differently because I don't know how to do it (blondie 2 the return : Mrgreen: ) even with the user manual which is really not very detailed.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 01/12/08, 08:53

Well I spoke too quickly ........ this morning it is only 17 ° in the kitchen and no wind. Outside temperature 3 °.

I will see later on the panel of the boiler what it is.

So I don't know what to do. I increase a little by turning the knob which is in my kitchen or I increase the heating foot and the slope ????

Or I'm still waiting to see !!!!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 01/12/08, 09:34

if it is only in the morning but after an hour it has risen, chances are it is because the temperature in reduced mode (night) has dropped lower than usual because the famous lowering threshold we talked about. it therefore takes more time to go back to 19 °
do not modify for the moment and observe what is happening.
0 x

Click my signature