Time tracking operation on boiler OKOFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/15, 13:28

We are therefore not so far from what I was talking about: a few brief stops but which cut the cycles, without this "counting" much on the hour counter ...

These 5,5 downtime may very well be 35 stops of about 10 minutes on average. And so there will be 35 cycles, an average duration of 2,3 hours (which is fine!).

It's not 2,3 hours like in my theoretical example, but 3 hours and a few ...

Again: it's excellent, but not continuous modulation, as the first figures (85 hours of operation on 85 ...) might suggest ...

With my average of 32 minutes of cycle time, I currently have something like 40 or 50 minutes of operation cut by a dozen minutes of stops. Which would do within 20 hours of 24-hour operation ...
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 28/01/15, 13:54

indeed Did!
And you can't seem to lengthen your cycles?
For my part, the 85 hours of operation were over a slightly colder period, which should come back to us (according to Météo France!).
I continue my readings.
PS: Does anyone have a matrix to import the csv data from the boiler?
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 02/02/15, 11:39

Bonjour à tous
here are the figures recorded over these last 7 days
- number of burner starts = 28
- number of burner operating hours = 126 (of 168 possible)
- average burner operating time = 4.5 hours
- the operating ratio vs the total elapsed time is 0.75.
0 x
Jean-Jacques
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

okofen experience since 2007

by Jean-Jacques » 26/02/15, 19:27

hello to all okofen enthusiasts!
it is true that it is a great love story this machine! I am equipped with a pellematic cmp1.4 from 2007 - coupled with a solar water heater and with a screw connected to a silo textile.vielle well insulated house.
she has always given good service, except for a large production of kreosote in the arrival of pellets that I methodically cleans every month 3 with the rest of the boiler (I am a perfectionist). nobody has found the solution.
but after an absence of 3 months in autumn, the house was at 10 ° in December, and the re-heating of the heating was long and tedious. we had a little 17 after 4 days of heating without understanding this slowness. the heating engineers who know nothing about okofen did not help me, only an okofen "expert" reviewed all my parameters and detected a weak pump that we changed. but with the warmth, the ambient temperature dropped by 2 ° and I began to take a serious interest in all forums okofen to tweak my regulator .. and I thank you all for your experiences because for the moment it is good in the house. on the other hand if I make hot water during the day the temperature drops quite quickly so I do it from 3h to 5h in the morning 55 °.
we have radiators fonts and aluminum.
I have a probe room in a corridor not directly heated. 19 ° asked gives me 20-21 in the living room.
here are the last parameters

TP request 19 °
P202 / 80 ° 76 °
P4-7 / 65 ° 63 °
P5-8 / 9 ° 12 °
P263 68 °
curve / 1,2 1,6
foot / 30 ° 40 °
comp - / 0/3

the boiler was in 15kw (4 plugs) I passed it in 13kw with the 4 plugs in place. because my start-up times are 18mm (always) so I try the 13kw and these settings did.

my expert told me that it would be better to do this.
--P202 80
- S 4-7 60
- P263 left 70
I do not know what to do.

thank you for reading me and I am interested in your lights ...

To follow here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/reglage-re ... 13776.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/15, 19:40

Hi Jean Jacques and welcome here! I think you've come to the right place :)

On the other hand I advise you to create a new subject for more visibility of your message ... this subject already having more than 1600 responses ...

After this we can put a link to your subject here.
0 x
Jean-Jacques
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jean-Jacques » 26/02/15, 20:26

0 x
Bedouin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

return after 9 years of okofen 15kw condensing service

by Bedouin » 28/10/15, 21:50

Hi,

A short return from Haute-Savoie at 700m after 9 years of operation of an OKOFEN condensing 15KW flanged to 12 KW (minus two springs + param.).
House of 220 m2 inhabited by 5 to 6 people. Solar DHW + boiler. Well insulated wooden house of the same age.

- Nb. of operation of the 18814x boiler
- Total operating time 14984h
- Average cycle time 47m
- average consumption of 3T / year

Normal maintenance and:
- changed once the TEM regulation gray because a priori too much control of the V3V relays (the regulation was taken care of by Okofen, real pros !! that I salute by the way)
- changed the ON / OFF button of the boiler because it is broken, yet rarely used.
- the button to turn on the boiler screen on the left requests that you press it hard enough (dust ??).
Otherwise RAS a real Swiss watch this boiler.

Well, everything around it works pretty well.
I just changed the engine of the V3V of the night floor because HS. The old one opened in 120 sec. I bought a new compatible which opens in 240 sec. to try to combat the oscillation effect at the start of the installation every morning.
I will soon have to change the other V3V of the day floor because it also starts to fail ... so I take the same 240sec or not?
0 x
The Caravan passes ...
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: OKOFEN boiler time tracking

by taam » 03/10/16, 19:30

Hello,
The regulars of FS will have recognized me with an "a" near in my nickname. For the others, I have been using a PEB 12 for 4 years. Its first season disappointed me with an average cycle of 30 min on PCBT, without buffer, with production of DHW.

Convinced that it was not an oversizing problem, I started to optimize the number of cycles. To make it easier for me to control the load on the burner, I chose to replace the white regulation (with thumbwheel!) By a small Crouzet automat.

At the end of this fourth season, the p114 of the boiler is clearly increasing since it displays 80 min (average duration of cycles since installation).

Regarding breakdowns, RAS to date. The 2 year warranty has passed, the 5 year warranty will end in a year, surely without any problems. This boiler seems to me made to last, I nevertheless count on this significant reduction in the number of starts to help it age better : Cheesy:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/10/16, 22:20

Interesting approach, the idea of ​​replacing the regul with an automaton.
but it's a lot of work.
Did you do a climate control program?
can you give us a flowchart (grafcet) of your program? I'm curious to see how you managed the circulator and the 3-way valve.
0 x
Click my signature
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 04/10/16, 17:48

Indeed a lot of work but I was not starting from zero because before the pellets I was already using this regulator to replace the HS card of my fuel oil boiler ... These "general public" Crouzet PLCs are easily programmed in FBD language and have of all the functional blocks needed to regulate the climate and even more.

One of the difficulties actually concerns the control of the v3v, in particular with a pellet burner which collapses quickly under load and leaves with high inertia. The v3v command must therefore anticipate this reaction under penalty of oscillation and / or premature end of cycle. I have obtained good results with a proportional corrector + derivative.

Controlling the circulator poses no problem: a simple hysteresis control which starts when the boiler is hot enough and which cuts before it condenses.
0 x